Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 04:02 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
So you think it is okay to act puerile if the topic does not come up to your standard?
It's what I do.

Quote:
Just like they did for evolution?
You know nothing about evolution, old chum - and do not want to.

Quote:
I believe you are wrong.
As I recall, the logistics came up and you asserted with one of your ad hoc scenarios that Noah had a substantial workforce. I recall there was a discussion on the morality of having them build an ark from which they were excluded.

Quote:
Clean, 7 each
Unclean 2 each
Genesis 7:2
I have to credit you here. The exception that calls the 6-1 Rule into question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 04:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,059,451 times
Quote:
But God is an Extraterrestrial if you know what I mean. He created this earth and all that is on it. He did not come from earth. Therefore He is an Extraterrestrial. And the Elohim is plural. All came out of God but all came through Christ.

I have not read much from that web site. I just took a snippet from it to prove a point.

I don't believe God or Christ came here in a space ship. But the vehicles some of the prophets saw, I believe today we would call them Unidentified Flying Objects such as Ezekiel saw.

But getting back to the OP . . . we should not discount the advancements humanity made prior to the historic world-wide flood.
What is your point regarding the word Elohim?....

Old 04-08-2015, 04:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,983,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
What sort of math did Noah have to invent to ensure his sturdy vessel could endure the rigors of a three hour to...erm I mean a forty day one?
God gave Noah the proper ratios for building an ark that would successfully make it through the world-wide flood.

We do not know how Noah braced the interior of the ark. We do know it had three levels. These three levels would have lent even greater sturdiness to the ark.

The largest "modern-day" ships from the 1400's A.D. were built by the Chinese and were over 400 feet long and 150 feet wide:

NOVA | Ancient Chinese Explorers

Old 04-08-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What is your point regarding the word Elohim?....
I already made my point.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It's what I do.
You do it better than anyone I know. But I'm cool with that. We all have our ways of dealing with things in life. Your way adds flavor to the conversations.

Quote:
You know nothing about evolution, old chum - and do not want to.
I is jes a dum ole dolt. You is rite. Me is so dum. Nun thu les, I is rite about wut I sed.

Quote:
As I recall, the logistics came up and you asserted with one of your ad hoc scenarios that Noah had a substantial workforce. I recall there was a discussion on the morality of having them build an ark from which they were excluded.
I don't recall ever saying Noah had helpers. If I said so I was just joking in saying he gave them all a rain cheque/check.

Quote:
I have to credit you here. The exception that calls the 6-1 Rule into question.
Yep.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:35 AM

Actually Genesis 7:2 I think has 7 pairs of each clean animal and 2 pair of each unclean; male and female making up each pair.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:26 AM

Some of the pyramids are purported to be at least 10,000 years old. Here is proof of their advanced technology that even we today find hard to comprehend or repeat:

http://www.spaceagogo.com/e%20episode%205.html

I'm sure Noah knew all about these accomplishments.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:30 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,949,858 times
Quote:
Some of the pyramids are purported to be at least 10,000 years old. Here is proof of their advanced technology that even we today find hard to comprehend or repeat:

Yea it definitely takes math and physics to build Pyramids, Ziggurats etc.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times
Quote:

Purported indeed. On what basis I do not know, because the oldest step pyramids are only 5,000 years old. If you are going to reject those dates, then you are rejecting archaeology in favour of those coming up with something you think supports your current argument. Though you can happily discard that if it stops supporting it.

Quote:
I don't recall ever saying Noah had helpers. If I said so I was just joking in saying he gave them all a rain cheque/check.
What a wonderful example of making your arguments up as you go along. I am sure that I objected to the size of the undertaking by just Noah and his family. You produced a shipbuilding industry and workforce out of thin air. Just as you produced a metal -working industry and veterinary expertise out of thin air - whatever is needed to keep your arguments afloat. Just as you decided that the Ark had to be and remain right by Ararat because the drogue stones are of the local stone and most memorably when you cited the Black Sea flood as archaeological evidence and when I explained that it argued against it, you denounced it as nonsense and accused me of introducing it. And, when I listed the posts proving it was you, you simply denied it.

This is all on a par with shutting your eyes to the evidence of the Cetan sequence, maintaining that the Bethlehem birth is true even though everything about the story falls flat, and insisting that some slouching video savant who didn't even know what evolution theory said was a credible authority and the rest of Biological science (who said differently) was a conspiracy to hide the truth.

Because it is not about a coherent hypothesis nor even actually about maintaining the Bible, but about never admitting that you are wrong. The only reason I cite those touchstone examples of unreason is to explain why, for me, though I love you like a brother and constantly hope that you will come to reason, your credibility is shot, your arguments, a pile of smoking wrecks and mature discussion with you just damages my credibility and there is nothing now to be done than just get a laugh out of it. The recent Pyramid as Hydrogen producing machinery being one of the funniest I have heard in some while.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-08-2015 at 07:11 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 07:32 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,980 times
This is hilarious.

A site called SPACE A GO GO is actually being quoted as a valid source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality