Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM

430 posts, read 483,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It was meant to illustrate the difference between serious scholarship and research, (by one of the greatest minds the world has known) and something some guy cobbled together to put on the internet. Which includes a photo of his cat and Homer Simpson. (Who does, come to think of it, give off an ET vibe.)
you cant really reason with a desperate man. just have your laughs and be on your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 10:14 AM

50,090 posts, read 20,843,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And yet, after all your pontificating and obfuscations, the pyramids were built with a very high degree of mathematics and geometry.
How would you like to move a 450 ton stone? They did that back then too. It can't be done with just a labor force. Even our biggest moving machinery today would have a tough time tackling such a job.

I'm sure you could move that stone just by writing you could.

What I also find interesting is you make a huge deal out of the dating of the pyramids rather than the mathematical exactitude by which they were built. Maybe Noah and sons gave them the math or maybe they were prior to Noah and sons. Whichever way, they had a very high degree of technology back then.
You cunningly overlooked my observation that this stonework is often astoundingly accurate and the mathematics and engineering is staggering. But that does not substantiate power tools, Hydrogen manufacture in what is evidently an evolved royal tomb - derived from many before it, nor does it substantiate Iron-working at a time when they hardly had bronze, but which is (grudgingly) admitted iron (indeed steel!) framing would probably be required to make a boat the size of the ark feasible.

In short, your attempt to substantiate your Noah scenario with Amazing geometry works no better than your trying to prove it through Minoan flushing latrines.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-08-2015 at 10:26 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 AM

50,090 posts, read 20,843,621 times
If I were to be presented with Noah's problem. I would of course have breeding groups living on wooden pontoons the size of small paddocks - each with a food source, plus herds for the meat eaters. And I am afraid the Dinos would have to take their chances. There are limits. All roped together. the mini Pangaea would simply rise with the waters and I don't see a problem with stability nor seaworthiness. Nor the need for iron framing.

But we are stuck with a huge boar because the story is derived from a Sumerian coracle with one family and their livestock, but the idiots who wrote genesis tried to make it hold a representative sample of the whole of creation, when they didn't know what it was.

It is absurd and so are those who try to make it look believable.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,011,490 times
Quote:
It was meant to illustrate the difference between serious scholarship and research, (by one of the greatest minds the world has known) and something some guy cobbled together to put on the internet. Which includes a photo of his cat and Homer Simpson. (Who does, come to think of it, give off an ET vibe.)
So you have nothing to say concerning what they said about the great achievements the ancients made and how they had to have a great understanding of math and geometry. Okay. So all you have are little snarky remarks. There must be a board on here somewhere for people like you.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
If I were to be presented with Noah's problem. I would of course have breeding groups living on wooden pontoons the size of small paddocks - each with a food source, plus herds for the meat eaters. And I am afraid the Dinos would have to take their chances. There are limits. All roped together. the mini Pangaea would simply rise with the waters and I don't see a problem with stability nor seaworthiness. Nor the need for iron framing.

But we are stuck with a huge boar because the story is derived from a Sumerian coracle with one family and their livestock, but the idiots who wrote genesis tried to make it hold a representative sample of the whole of creation, when they didn't know what it was.

It is absurd and so are those who try to make it look believable.

The Sumerians split from the main group of Noah's sons after the flood and created a club mentality, especially after the tower of Babel incident. So they changed the true stories of Noah and sons and created their own gods just to get even. It's not our fault the Bible got the story right.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,270,343 times
Quote:
So you have nothing to say concerning what they said about the great achievements the ancients made and how they had to have a great understanding of math and geometry. Okay. So all you have are little snarky remarks. There must be a board on here somewhere for people like you.
One more question before you put me on ignore.....How did you happen upon Space A Go Go, Eusie?

Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You cunningly overlooked my observation that this stonework is often astoundingly accurate and the mathematics and engineering is staggering. But that does not substantiate power tools, Hydrogen manufacture in what is evidently an evolved royal tomb - derived from many before it, nor does it substantiate Iron-working at a time when they hardly had bronze, but which is (grudgingly) admitted iron (indeed steel!) framing would probably be required to make a boat the size of the ark feasible.

In short, your attempt to substantiate your Noah scenario with Amazing geometry works no better than your trying to prove it through Minoan flushing latrines.

But let's stick with the issue here rather than you railing on about off issues. The point is, the ancients had remarkable understandings concerning science, astronomy, math, geometry and other things, some of which have been lost in the fog of time.

Right off the bat, at the very beginning of human history, humans were mining for metals and working in copper and iron.

Gen_4:22 And Zillah, moreover, she bears Tubalcain, a forger of every tool of copper and iron. And the sister of Tubalcain is Naamah.

Tubalcain was born not long after Adam and Eve were created. Humanity had close to 800+ years to perfect their metal working prior to the historic world-wide flood.

I know, I know, you will just put yourself forth as an authority and tell us all Tubalcain did no such thing. Yes, you know oh so much better than these ancient manuscripts we call the bible. The fact is you are biased. If the Sumerians had said Tubalcain was a forger of every tool of copper and iron, you would believe them but NO, oh no, not the Bible. No, that just won't ever do.

In Genesis 4:21 it states they were playing the harp and shephard's pipe. They must have had a great knowledge of music theory. To get it just right takes some good math skills as well.

Noah must have been well versed in metallurgy, math, geometry, wood working etc. You can pontificate and just based on your own authority tell us different. That's fine. But it gets you no where with me.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM

430 posts, read 483,673 times
Quote:
Question #1: Where did SPACE A GO GO say that the ancients knew something that we dont?

i for one agree that they had great understanding of math. however what we know today is a thousand times greater than that. even so we cant build a giant wooden boat that can match noah's magic ark.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:41 PM

16,744 posts, read 15,769,964 times
Quote:
Yep. I just checked their bona fides. They don't have any. They believe humans were created by extraterrestrials. The website reads like it was written by the people who smoked too much hash in the 60's.

Space a Go Go the Elohim is coming
Here's what I noticed from taking a look at that web site.

1. The writer knows nothing about cranes. He said there are only 2 cranes capable of lifting 200 tons. That's total garbage. Every shipyard has multiple cranes capable of lifting more than that. The Bath Iron Words in Maine has one that can lift 450 tons and several 250 ton cranes.

2. The writer made the assumption that the site of the Pyramids was selected from outer space by saying: "It seems as if somebody looked at the Earth from outer space and decided on the locations these pyramids would be set in." Entirely unfounded.

3. Numerous assumptions are made about the engineering complexity and purposes of the pyramids. Since this is the Religion forum, I'll just refer you to the Chris Dunn section of the article. Dunn also said "He said that the Queen's Chamber was a device for producing hydrogen gas." He offered absolutely nothing to support such a statement.

The other guy quoted assumes that the Pyramids were taking the water from the Nile River and breaking down the water into Hydrogen and Oxygen (completely forgetting that this is a HIGHLY energy intensive process), and suggests no way this could have been done.

The reason this was posted was that the claim was made that this web page supports the idea that two materials can be combined to form Hydrogen. Even this looney web site makes no such claim.

At one point in the article, the author said:
This is a perfect nuclear fusion reactor, isn't it ? "
"This is only a supposition," he said .....
Then he goes on to say "Nuclear fusion energy arises when heavy hydrogen is heated to one hundred million degrees." Nothing is offered to suggest where such heat would come from or what would happen when all the stone was melted at temperatures that high.

Some other statements from this article:

"It is highly likely that the Great Pyramid was an energy system like this, ..... "
"At first, extraterrestrial Anunnaki transferred high urban civilization and sovereignty to the first region of Mesopotamia, ....."
"And it is written that they built newly a space port in the Sinai Peninsula, ....."
"Lucifer is a person who created human beings scientifically ....."
"It controls sky ships"

I could go on and on, but I'll let you draw you own conclusions about the credibility of the site and also anybody that would rely on it as a source of truth.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:25 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,217,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Here's what I noticed from taking a look at that web site.

1. The writer knows nothing about cranes. He said there are only 2 cranes capable of lifting 200 tons. That's total garbage. Every shipyard has multiple cranes capable of lifting more than that. The Bath Iron Words in Maine has one that can lift 450 tons and several 250 ton cranes.

2. The writer made the assumption that the site of the Pyramids was selected from outer space by saying: "It seems as if somebody looked at the Earth from outer space and decided on the locations these pyramids would be set in." Entirely unfounded.

3. Numerous assumptions are made about the engineering complexity and purposes of the pyramids. Since this is the Religion forum, I'll just refer you to the Chris Dunn section of the article. Dunn also said "He said that the Queen's Chamber was a device for producing hydrogen gas." He offered absolutely nothing to support such a statement.

The other guy quoted assumes that the Pyramids were taking the water from the Nile River and breaking down the water into Hydrogen and Oxygen (completely forgetting that this is a HIGHLY energy intensive process), and suggests no way this could have been done.

The reason this was posted was that the claim was made that this web page supports the idea that two materials can be combined to form Hydrogen. Even this looney web site makes no such claim.

At one point in the article, the author said:
This is a perfect nuclear fusion reactor, isn't it ? "
"This is only a supposition," he said .....
Then he goes on to say "Nuclear fusion energy arises when heavy hydrogen is heated to one hundred million degrees." Nothing is offered to suggest where such heat would come from or what would happen when all the stone was melted at temperatures that high.

Some other statements from this article:

"It is highly likely that the Great Pyramid was an energy system like this, ..... "
"At first, extraterrestrial Anunnaki transferred high urban civilization and sovereignty to the first region of Mesopotamia, ....."
"And it is written that they built newly a space port in the Sinai Peninsula, ....."
"Lucifer is a person who created human beings scientifically ....."
"It controls sky ships"

I could go on and on, but I'll let you draw you own conclusions about the credibility of the site and also anybody that would rely on it as a source of truth.
Excellent critique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality