Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 07:36 AM

20,043 posts, read 13,512,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
This is hilarious.

A site called SPACE A GO GO is actually being quoted as a valid source?
Yeah, I noticed the domain name and that was as good as reading the cited link, I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 08:45 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Clean, 7 each
Unclean 2 each
Genesis 7:2
The wording can be confusing....
Take the clean by 7's
Take the unclean by 2 (non plural), male and female....?

You have to be lead by the Spirit to understand the mysteries.

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal (a male and a female of each) and one pair of every kind of unclean animal (a male and a female).

We live the creation and the ark is the promise....By faith we learn the design..
You progress from here and learn the temple designs.
Which of course we are the Temple.

Another interesting clue.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam.
Enoch was the 7th and walked with God....?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:52 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,983,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Purported indeed. On what basis I do not know, because the oldest step pyramids are only 5,000 years old. If you are going to reject those dates, then you are rejecting archaeology in favour of those coming up with something you think supports your current argument. Though you can happily discard that if it stops supporting it.

What a wonderful example of making your arguments up as you go along. I am sure that I objected to the size of the undertaking by just Noah and his family. You produced a shipbuilding industry and workforce out of thin air. Just as you produced a metal -working industry and veterinary expertise out of thin air - whatever is needed to keep your arguments afloat. Just as you decided that the Ark had to be and remain right by Ararat because the drogue stones are of the local stone and most memorably when you cited the Black Sea flood as archaeological evidence and when I explained that it argued against it, you denounced it as nonsense and accused me of introducing it. And, when I listed the posts proving it was you, you simply denied it.

This is all on a par with shutting your eyes to the evidence of the Cetan sequence, maintaining that the Bethlehem birth is true even though everything about the story falls flat, and insisting that some slouching video savant who didn't even know what evolution theory said was a credible authority and the rest of Biological science (who said differently) was a conspiracy to hide the truth.

Because it is not about a coherent hypothesis nor even actually about maintaining the Bible, but about never admitting that you are wrong. The only reason I cite those touchstone examples of unreason is to explain why, for me, though I love you like a brother and constantly hope that you will come to reason, your credibility is shot, your arguments, a pile of smoking wrecks and mature discussion with you just damages my credibility and there is nothing now to be done than just get a laugh out of it. The recent Pyramid as Hydrogen producing machinery being one of the funniest I have heard in some while.
And yet, after all your pontificating and obfuscations, the pyramids were built with a very high degree of mathematics and geometry.
How would you like to move a 450 ton stone? They did that back then too. It can't be done with just a labor force. Even our biggest moving machinery today would have a tough time tackling such a job.

I'm sure you could move that stone just by writing you could.

What I also find interesting is you make a huge deal out of the dating of the pyramids rather than the mathematical exactitude by which they were built. Maybe Noah and sons gave them the math or maybe they were prior to Noah and sons. Whichever way, they had a very high degree of technology back then.

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-08-2015 at 09:10 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The wording can be confusing....
Take the clean by 7's
Take the unclean by 2 (non plural), male and female....?

You have to be lead by the Spirit to understand the mysteries.

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal (a male and a female of each) and one pair of every kind of unclean animal (a male and a female).

We live the creation and the ark is the promise....By faith we learn the design..
You progress from here and learn the temple designs.
Which of course we are the Temple.

Another interesting clue.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam.
Enoch was the 7th and walked with God....?
But we draw the spiritual lesson from the literal ark just as we draw a spiritual lesson from the literal temple.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
If you don't feel up to having a mature conversation there are other boards you can post on.
So you believe my mentioning da Vinci's Codex (which contains da Vinci's thoughts on the supposed Biblical flood) isn't mature. And you want to discuss the contents of Space A Go Go. Got it.

I like this board just fine.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you believe my mentioning da Vinci's Codex (which contains da Vinci's thoughts on the supposed Biblical flood) isn't mature. And you want to discuss the contents of Space A Go Go. Got it.

I like this board just fine.
No, let's see ALL you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn
BTW: Eusie... I recently had the pleasure of viewing several pages of da Vinci's Codex Leicester. I'll have to ring up the curator and ask if they will be putting anything from Space A Go Go on display.
Then I replied:
Quote:
I'm sure you would be the type of person who would do such a thing. I thought this conversation was among mature adults. If you don't feel up to having a mature conversation there are other boards you can post on.
It was concerning you calling the curator to see if they will put anything from Space A Go Go on display. That was not something for mature dialogue. It was meant to belittle either me or the source I used.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:16 AM

430 posts, read 482,223 times
guys, guys! does this look like anything that requires math to you?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
guys, guys! does this look like anything that requires math to you?
Yes, it takes a high degree of math and science to create water before water was ever created. Why?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
It was meant to belittle either me or the source I used.
It was meant to illustrate the difference between serious scholarship and research, (by one of the greatest minds the world has known) and something some guy cobbled together to put on the internet. Which includes a photo of his cat and Homer Simpson. (Who does, come to think of it, give off an ET vibe.)

Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,671,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
This is hilarious.

A site called SPACE A GO GO is actually being quoted as a valid source?
Well, we are discussing the advanced mathematics used in creating an impossibly-sized barge that housed jaguars, giant pandas, kangaroos and giraffes, to be used in a world-wide flood for which absolutely zero geologic evidence exists, which took place millennia before Newton/Leibnez developed the basis of modern mathematics, so yeah! Why not?

Truthfully, I think Space A Go Go would be a perfectly valid source for such a discussion... unless we are going to specify that the flood was only localized and the ark housed only basic livestock - in which case I would say that a regurgitation of knowledge of normal construction practices of the time were probably more important than math. In effect, I can build a makeshift shelter if I become stranded in the forest - I don't really use any math in the process though, even if there is math involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality