Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 10:00 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The difference, of course, is that I can quote from the words of God. I don't pretend to have God whispering in my ear to contradict that which he has already said.
You do not listen to God. You keep God between the narrow, pages of your book.

You bind God, as if God is incapable of doing more than your narrow minded book allows. As if God only inspired your narrow book, and is not capable of doing more. Somehow. God stopped at your narrow book. That is the difference between us.

The other difference is this-----------

-Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them.-----vizio

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 10:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
You'll notice that I did not say a word about them "learning from the death camps", as it was said. I never used the language that I was accused of using.

Did I say that they didn't learn from what the Nazis did? Yes. That's evidenced by the fact that they are now persecuting Christians.
Weasel words that fool no one.

Vizio, just what was it you think homosexuals should have "learned" from what the Nazis did? Did the Jews learn their lesson?

Old 05-08-2015, 10:24 AM

20,043 posts, read 13,507,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Weasel words that fool no one.

Vizio, just what was it you think homosexuals should have "learned" from what the Nazis did? Did the Jews learn their lesson?
It's pretty clear by now that Vizio thinks the gay takeaway from how the Nazis persecuted them is that they should not persecute others. Which would be one takeaway, i suppose, if in fact gays were persecuting anyone, particularly on the epic scale of the Third Reich. Which they aren't. It's just the usual persecution fantasy that Christians like to advance when they are *gasp* disagreed with or when their bigoted view are *gasp* disrespected. Blasphemy!

The actual takeaway that a rational person would EXPECT gays to take from what the Nazis did to them is, "we have been tormented for being ourselves before, and it will happen again, if we allow it to." Which I think is exactly what they DID learn.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,207,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You do not listen to God. You keep God between the narrow, pages of your book.
Why would I want to listen to your opinion of what God said instead of the actual written word of what he has already said?
Quote:
You bind God, as if God is incapable of doing more than your narrow minded book allows. As if God only inspired your narrow book, and is not capable of doing more. Somehow. God stopped at your narrow book. That is the difference between us.
Why do you insist on telling me what I do? I have no problem with God being active and working today. Even more so, I believe that I have seen his hand at work in my life in many areas.
Quote:
The other difference is this-----------

-Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them.-----vizio

The fact that Christians are being persecuted today by the homosexual activists tells us that they did not learn a valuable lesson.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:03 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is only for God to decide, Vizio . . . not you or any other human. It makes zero difference to God whether or not we think someone is a Christian. God is the ONLY judge who matters. Try to understand that, Vizio. Only human vanity and hubris would motivate any other view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i like this.
for me language that is inclusive is so much more harmonious and peaceful and sincere
there is a world of difference between someone saying to me "we are all children of a loving Creator"
instead of being told I am "really" this or that religion
I know someone has my best interests at heart when their language is inclusive
whereas as soon as they say "and this is the only way" they have a human agenda
if people want to show respect to others, then here is a good litmus test....speak and post without ever mentioning the name of any religion or religious person. Just speak in plain simple language, heart to heart
word of difference
Quote:
So why do you believe your opinion of God is more valid than mine or anyone else's?
Because his is consistent with the Spirit of agape love who IS God . . . yours is NOT!
Quote:
The difference, of course, is that I can quote from the words of God. I don't pretend to have God whispering in my ear to contradict that which he has already said.
The difference is you IGNORE the New Covenant and retain the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. You deny the Comforter "whispering in your inner ear" (heart) to guide you to the TRUTH God has "written in our hearts." You do NOT believe Christ abides with us so you rely on words "written in ink" without testing their Spirit against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. You follow the letters that lead to death and ignore the Spirit that is life. Clearly you prefer the human vanity and hubris of your "precepts and doctrines of men" over the Living Word of God Jesus the Christ.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:

The fact that Christians are being persecuted today by the homosexual activists tells us that they did not learn a valuable lesson.
So tell us, Viz, who are you to say that? Who are you to declare what gays did or did not learn?

Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I did, read, quit trolling
I am not trolling and you did not prove a thing...

Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
It is taught in the scriptures. The Old Testament implies a Trinity in several spots, referring to God as both plural, as well as asserting that there is ONLY one God.

The New Testament is more specific about the persons of the Trinity--calling each of them God.
So, why didn't the Jews know this?...

Old 05-08-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
And what version are you quoting from?...

Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,207,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And what version are you quoting from?...
I've posted them on this thread before. I'd encourage you to use the search function. And I believe that it was the NIV that I quoted from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality