Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 02:58 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And about the question of a christian selling a product that is used to kill or injure many people? Is the christian seller responsible for participating in the killings?
If they know their product would be used to harm people then absolutely, it would be morally wrong to do business with the customer. If the owners at the local hardware store knew that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev would be using their parts to construct a bomb, would you be crying discrimination for refusing to sell to him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Your question is a FAIL because we were all designed to be heterosexual. Do you believe bestiality is a sin? (well maybe not since you think humans are animals) Then if sexual orientation is programmed at birth, why would God create humans with inclinations towards that activity which is sinful?
What a false and weak argument. Over and over you play Rush Limbaugh and try to tie in homosexuality to bestiality or pedophilia. I actually think that fundamentalism should be tied into facism. Fair comparison, right?

God DID create people AND animals with homosexual traits. I've posted a good dozen videos of gay animals. None of the CHOSE to sin. They were made that way by God.

And scientific evidence shows that it is now an epigeneric trait. The following is a National Geographic presentation about two identical twins one, gay, one straight. How does that happen?

You won't accept this scientific view however. To do so would make your religious view of homosexuals sinful--which it is. You and Vizio are both sinners with regard to refusal to look at scientific and psychological evidence that God made people's sexual orientation from the womb.

As Oprah's short segment with two ministers portrays that some RELIGION may deny homosexuality as from God, but that SPIRITUALITY demands it be recognized from God.

Neither you nor Vizio understand this, jeff, because you have never experienced what it is to be unconditionally loved.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
I suppose you would have absolutely zero problem with the government telling you that you had to go photograph a ceremony that was morally offensive to you then, right?
Only if I have freely chosen to offer my photography services to the general public.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, it doesn't. At what point in your life did YOU choose to be heterosexual? You woke up one morning and said, "Gee, I think I'm going to spend the rest of my life being a heterosexual?"

Give us a break and stop playing the hypocrite.
Silly non-sequitur. If you're going to go that route, then I assume you support the guy that wants 2 wives? Because he likes women too much to have just 1.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not relevant. There are actually psychologists coming out now saying that it's not really that harmful for an adult to have that kind of loving relationship with a minor. In the same way, psychologists USED TO say that homosexuality was a mental disorder, but they changed it awhile back. I give it a matter of time before the same happens with pedophilia. After all...if a kid can decide as young as 7 that he/she is gay or transgender....why can't they give consent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Link?
Care to provide a link to your claim?

Old 07-07-2015, 03:05 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
And the disgusting thing is you actually have no problem with such an overblown fine for a minor offense laid down by a government official who had a conflict of interest. If that official had been meeting with Christian groups and attending church services where they talked about the case, you would no doubt be up in arms.

We're not talking about denying a gay couple housing or food. We're talking about a luxury product. The owners at the time, given the current state laws, didn't see where it was a big deal. They figured the customers would respect their religious beliefs. Nope, MAKE THEM PAY is the LGBT community's proud mantra apparently. Losing their business wasn't enough.

They failed to comply with a discrimination law which encompasses new standards of society. That's all.

You thought customers had an obligation to respect a business owner's religious beliefs, but that a business owner did not have an obligation to follow the law? Well, now you know better.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Care to provide a link to your claim?
I would direct you to google. I'm sure you can find some interesting articles.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Silly non-sequitur. If you're going to go that route, then I assume you support the guy that wants 2 wives? Because he likes women too much to have just 1.
You are dodging. AT WHAT POINT IN YOUR LIFE DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE HETEROSEXUAL?

Old 07-07-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are dodging. AT WHAT POINT IN YOUR LIFE DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE HETEROSEXUAL?
Again...why exactly is my choice of how I behave relevant here? Do you have a point, or are you just seeking to distract?

Old 07-07-2015, 03:14 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Any response, Jeff? If you think it is a valid concern that Christians not participate in something that they think is sinful, why are you okay with "bible-believing" Christians being in the wedding cake business when it is virtually guaranteed that they would be making cakes for adulterous unions? Or is a gay marriage worse than an adulterous hetero marriage? Why?

I know you are hoping to pose a trap situation here, but you are not being realistic at all. It's not the business owner's Christian responsibility to gauge each customer's spiritual condition and determine if they meet a standard. If that was the case, the baker would have never even sold a doughnut to the gay couple. Also, the topic of remarrying is not black and white as you would like it to be here. I've seen God work through and bless couples that have been divorced and remarried. And certainly a widow who remarries isn't living in sin. God is not so legalistic that He can't work through each person's individual circumstance and needs. There is something called forgiveness, ya know.

OTOH, a gay marriage is a willful public proclamation that you intend to continue living a sinful life, day by day. The only equivalence you would have with divorcees is if they came in demanding a cake to celebrate their adultery parties that they have every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality