Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 PM

689 posts, read 549,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Oh yes, it will be destroyed -- once everyone realizes it's just some fictions and lies. Forum like this contributes to the decline of religions in America.

Of course there are things as "evidences and facts". Ever heard court trial? Everyone now questioning the validity of God/religion; it's on trial. Defend it, or be destroyed.
That remains your personal opinion? Religion will continue to exists as long as the following question remains unanswered. That's not frictional, but the reality. Unless your self-deceipt may tell you that you can escape that question.

What will you be after death, does soul exist?

That's the question everyone shall answer before stepping out of planet earth, whether you realize it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 AM

598 posts, read 917,087 times
"Only after death the all-potent God will punish those who do not believe"

That is a coercive lie that does not work.

Person who said it want to get himself a job in religion (church workers) by robbing money from faithfuls.

I am not a faithful. And, I am telling others the truth.

God (bearded male in the sky), heaven (garden in the sky with virgin whores), hell (underground basements with fire and ice) are all lies. You don't have to believe those craps, and pay no money to religions either.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:58 AM

31 posts, read 42,090 times
Man, in his struggle to discover his true self has molded an image of GOD to worship. This image is constrained by man's consciousness since GOD is limitless. As the consciousness of man expands they continue through various stages, one actually being the scientific agnostic who see's the intellectual brilliance of man as being GOD. As everything will proceed full circle the agnostic will eventually come to the point to understanding GOD, it's image not what is portrayed by many, but GOD none the less.

Blessings,
The Anchorite

Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 PM

205 posts, read 374,494 times
Quote:
First of all, it's not a natural desire. You were not born with the idea of God. You first heard about God in places like Sunday school, Koran classes, ... those are brainwashing places: the idea of God was injected into your brain involuntarily, and enforced with coercive lies like "hell" and "sins".

"higher power" is a slave mentality. God was created by humans in the images of tyrants. People worshiping tyrants are small minded slaves.

The universe has nothing to do with fictional God-lie. People who told you these lies want to control you (it does not work for me).
i never was around places like what u named here ..... how do planets flow around the sun put ur answer in a nut shell please......dont write a book to tell me

Old 03-16-2009, 02:30 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Thumbs up V. uncharacteristically briefly.... he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
i never was around places like what u named here ..... how do planets flow around the sun put ur answer in a nut shell please......dont write a book to tell me

Newtonian physics.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM

598 posts, read 917,087 times
Quote:
The universe does not need a bearded man with a big dick to spin every stars for the love to humans. There are many stars, planets, galaxies, ... most of them are unrelated to humans.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The universe does not need a bearded man with a big dick to spin every stars for the love to humans. There are many stars, planets, galaxies, ... most of them are unrelated to humans.
you did'nt answer my question you did a complete 360 around my question? .... how do planets float ? around the sun..and why is the earth rotate....how does this do that....

Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Newtonian physics.
newtonian physics ... still talk about there roots to begin with laws ... who made these laws of physics......man cold not think of this ..man can only know what happens.....why do those laws exists

Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM

113 posts, read 175,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Hmm..what's human behavior has to do with whether God exists or not?

"they want to believe with no real measure of common sense, study, or reason required"

What does this to do with God exists or not?
Everything! human needs and nature often require either a blind-faith belief system to comfort them against unknown terrors, or faith in our ability to question what we observe. Science provides the necessary tools, now well developed to avoid scams and hoaxes, and so is disliked by religion for its honesty and answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
... That's not frictional, but the reality.

[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]Hmmm... I didn't know friction had anything to do with this. I guess I still need to learn![/color]

What will you be after death, does soul exist? That's the question everyone shall answer before stepping out of planet earth, whether you realize it or not.
My devout Christian past did little to assuage my fears about death. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or atheist; we all die. Our innate fear of it can be managed in a number of ways. I learned long ago that Christianity didn't offer anything more than atheism provided.

Quote:
"Only after death the all-potent God will punish those who do not believe"

That is a coercive lie that does not work.

Person who said it want to get himself a job in religion (church workers) by robbing money from faithfuls.

I am not a faithful. And, I am telling others the truth.

God (bearded male in the sky), heaven (garden in the sky with virgin whores), hell (underground basements with fire and ice) are all lies. You don't have to believe those craps, and pay no money to religions either.
I love this last line, Mr. Bud! Quite accurate! I now save lots of money, and buy good books about philosophy, buddhist understandings and their respect for all living things on this planet, unlike Christianity's conceit filled an self-centered humanism.

Quote:
newtonian physics ... still talk about there roots to begin with laws ... who made these laws of physics......man cold not think of this ..man can only know what happens.....why do those laws exists
Our natural inquisitiveness brought us to our current levels of insight. No Hand of God required. Else how did Native Americans, the northern Inuit (completely isolated until the early 1900s), the Chinese and Japanese all arrive at their own high levels of creativity, spiritualism and innovation? All without your God?

There is no provable or obvious Hand of God involved in our intelligence. Just neurons and biochemistry. And evolution. Simple. It's apparently very disturbing and scary to Christians. I know; I was told back in my Christian days to avoid scientists, science teachers and science text books. What does that tell you? They are scared to death of knowledge! I know what it told me, and I ran in the opposite direction.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
Our natural inquisitiveness brought us to our current levels of insight. No Hand of God required. Else how did Native Americans, the northern Inuit (completely isolated until the early 1900s), the Chinese and Japanese all arrive at their own high levels of creativity, spiritualism and innovation? All without your God?
And you KNOW this how?
Quote:
There is no provable or obvious Hand of God involved in our intelligence. Just neurons and biochemistry. And evolution. Simple. It's apparently very disturbing and scary to Christians. I know; I was told back in my Christian days to avoid scientists, science teachers and science text books. What does that tell you? They are scared to death of knowledge! I know what it told me, and I ran in the opposite direction.
Understandable . . . too bad you and rifleman ran off the deep end instead of stopping somewhere closer to the God you DO acknowledge (Nature) . . . but only partially understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality