Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM

689 posts, read 550,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
I do not have religious type of "faith". That is a big difference between me and religious people like you.

I do not believe there is a God because there is no evidence and facts supporting it. Religious people like you just want to believe it knowing there is no facts and evidences supporting it. That kind "faith" is not something I recognize.
Ok, what facts and evidence you are looking for such that your own brain (a unique belief system) will believe? Define them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM

598 posts, read 917,909 times
I don't expect people like you understand what I said. I know what kind of people you are.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I don't expect people like you understand what I said. I know what kind of people you are.

hehe...hate to burst your bubble here. You yourself can't even define them.

You are looking for the imaginary "empiracal evidence" which is an ideal seldom exists in reality. And even when such an "empirical evidence" does exist, it still relies on how the unique belief system of the individuals to accept it as a "proof".

Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
hehe...hate to burst your bubble here. You yourself can't even define them.

You are looking for the imaginary "empiracal evidence" which is an ideal seldom exists in reality.
Stupid.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Stupid.
That's what you are.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,460,294 times
Quote:
Stupid.
Quote:
That's what you are.
wow. i stand among intellectual giants. give me a moment that i might fully comprehend the maturity and wisdom that radiates from the both of you.

how about we just take this as evidence that many people will believe what they want to believe with no real measure of common sense, study, or reason required.

as far as i am concerned, man was created by God, and has now created many other gods that suit his current trends and desires.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
wow. i stand among intellectual giants. give me a moment that i might fully comprehend the maturity and wisdom that radiates from the both of you.

how about we just take this as evidence that many people will believe what they want to believe with no real measure of common sense, study, or reason required.

as far as i am concerned, man was created by God, and has now created many other gods that suit his current trends and desires.
Hmm..what's human behavior has to do with whether God exists or not?

"they want to believe with no real measure of common sense, study, or reason required"

What does this to do with God exists or not?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM

I demand facts and evidences for God. That is not a belief nor faith; that is common sense.

Faith without demanding facts and evidences for God is a invalid faith; that is not consistent with common sense.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I demand facts and evidences for God. That is not a belief nor faith; that is common sense.

Faith without demanding facts and evidences for God is a invalid faith; that is not consistent with common sense.
Whether you accept it or not. Our faith can be with reasoning and may not be as blind as you describe here. And God does reveal Himself to people (whether you believe or not).

Again, I don't think that one can well define what facts and evidence he needs, because each believe system is unique. One thing which is a solid proof to a person A may not be that solid to person B.

Deep inside, all you ask is something can allow your own belief system to say a "pass", such that you don't need faith. Yet you'll never get this proof if God's existence is true. Because if God exsits, He won't allow your faith to be destroyed such that you'll become unsavable. So you put yourself in a dead loop. If God is real, you won't be able to get the evidence you want.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Oh yes, it will be destroyed -- once everyone realizes it's just some fictions and lies. Forum like this contributes to the decline of religions in America.

Of course there are things as "evidences and facts". Ever heard court trial? Everyone now questioning the validity of God/religion; it's on trial. Defend it, or be destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality