Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM

45 posts, read 35,337 times

Advertisements

I think this is completely true. I was raised in the Roman-Catholic faith until I finally realized that if there really was a god, and he really did love us, he wouldn't let us become so cruel and twisted. He wouldn't let his precious creations become so deranged and primitive.
I am also sick and tired of being told what I can and can't do. I will do whatever I want to do with my life, whether it follows the rules of some stupid book or not.

IMO, man created god so he wouldn't be afraid of death, and would have the feeling of security. After generations of passing these myths down, they lost their true purpose and became what we know today as religion.

If someone ever finds physical proof of the existence of this "God" who actually resembles the kings of the era that the original bible was written. If you look for similarities between the hierarchy, belief, and way of government in that era and the bible, you'll see how similar they are and how it was written by someone with a very good imagination.
The new testament was fixed to fit the 18th-20th century, but we're in need of a new bible. One that is universally moral(something everyone can agree or be neutral on). One that doesn't condone the beating of your wife, or to have slaves.

Contemplate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times
yes, i started contemplating ...

observe - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

where was i all the time? just being?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM

45 posts, read 35,337 times
Listen, I'm just saying that if there really is a god, why does he resemble a king from the era of which the original form of the bible was written? If there is a god, he certainly would not just throw away every soul who doesn't follow his rules into an eternal hellfire. Why can't his "kingdom" be the universe, and the universes inside of hyperspace? Why can't God be matter and life itself? I mean it's a logical approach.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:40 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times
i do listen.

do you ? or what ...

hatemenot!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM

598 posts, read 918,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenot View Post
Listen, I'm just saying that if there really is a god, why does he resemble a king from the era of which the original form of the bible was written? If there is a god, he certainly would not just throw away every soul who doesn't follow his rules into an eternal hellfire. Why can't his "kingdom" be the universe, and the universes inside of hyperspace? Why can't God be matter and life itself? I mean it's a logical approach.
He may throw all faithful followers into lake & fountains of fire and ice to cause them pain and itch -- because, who likes stupid people? Blindly believe in stupid stuffs is punishable in hell.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,675,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
He may throw all faithful followers into lake & fountains of fire and ice to cause them pain and itch -- because, who likes stupid people? Blindly believe in stupid stuffs is punishable in hell.
Is this supposed to be some sort of Christian curse, are you putting a curse on people ? I thought only pagans were the ones who practice putting curses on people, you must be a pagan not a Christian because as I understand it Christians don't curse people.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
no god did it he made us he gave us life. but we reinvented god.
the new god is god of the 2nd chance, god of "oh well"
the old god was the god of discipline - punishment and reward, the camp pendleton god

Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM

598 posts, read 918,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Is this supposed to be some sort of Christian curse, are you putting a curse on people ? I thought only pagans were the ones who practice putting curses on people, you must be a pagan not a Christian because as I understand it Christians don't curse people.
Not a curse -- Just pointing out some possibilities.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,843,973 times
Thumbs down The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob was invented without doubt but then proven.

How do we prove God's existence? First we invent an inprovement upon Paganism (the truly established realationsip of Abraham and his begun blood lineage was set in Egypt). We assume it existed saptially in material nature, but in fact the genius of Abraham's choices in life were to demand that the set family transcend into the ideal In-itself which by the greater personality of His Character was the anthropic determination into the grandson's Being of family compassion: the affirmation for something which needed to be proven upon this this initial Invention. But was it proven in fact of that implicitly existent Nesopotamia? WE really can't be sure. The investigation of the Tora and subsequent Bible gives it.

It gives it through the turw lights of the ivnestigaters through Time (an A-series representation). The B-series had no proof. It was the sequence of events which existed in that redevelopable narative in the ancient time of the Promised people with the Promised land. Best we get is affirmation, a kind of duplication of the legend throughout Nesopotamia realizing the essential geography of invention, this ideal place in the universe has possibly a state of pre-shifted continents, but it has the laws of physics which modernly viewable Nesopotamia can and must be dissembled for this duplicate revision.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:44 AM

998 posts, read 1,334,212 times
When the universe was created, all the souls were created too. These souls were asked 'Who is your Creator and who will you worship?' All of them replied 'We worship only You'.

Thus each soul is then send down to earth in its appointed time. By the time, these souls emerge from the womb in each's own physical form, their future upbringing,worship or non-worship etc depends on their parents,environment,society etc etc.

Why then the innate need within Man to worship? Just because of the Unknown, Superstition? No, its because deep,deep down within (their souls. dna,genes?) they have the the need,the urge to worship - maybe somehow the promise each soul had made to its Creator is still somewhere 'burned' in it. Only, somehow along the way, some got sidetracked into worshiping idols, nature, multiple gods etc. And of course there are those who totally forsake their Creator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality