Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,391,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm no liar. Your own words hang you, Viz.

Man up, Pastor. Own your words - and their meaning.
Might doesn't make right, but might is right, but it is only right if Vizio says it is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,237,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Might doesn't make right, but might is right, but it is only right if Vizio says it is right.
Again...no...no...no...no....no.

My opinion has no effect on truth. The question is "What has God said?"

Old 09-23-2015, 11:04 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,653,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Please stop lying about me. I've repeatedly asked that of you and others. If you can't make your case without flat out lying, it says a lot about you.
He's not lying - it's exactly what you said, many times. Once again, it is not our fault that the things you say are so nonsensical and convoluted that even you don't know what you're saying half the time.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
He's not lying - it's exactly what you said, many times. .
No. I have never said might makes right. I challenge you to either quote me on it or recant your statement. Or are you going to lie about me, too?

Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Again...no...no...no...no....no.

My opinion has no effect on truth. The question is "What has God said?"
There you go again, all high and mighty, thinking you know what god wants. You said earlier that you never claim to have an inside track to god, yet you claim to KNOW what god wants, and to KNOW what the truth is. What would you call that?

You are arguing over wording. If god can do whatever he wants because he is above us, then that is the same thing as saying might is right. He is mighty, so he can do whatever he wants. That is your position.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
There you go again, all high and mighty, thinking you know what god wants.
You said earlier that you never claim to have an inside track to god, yet you claim to KNOW what god wants, and to KNOW what the truth is. What would you call that?
He told us. You have access to his Word, as well. I don't claim to have any special knowledge. It's not like Jesus been talking to me, telling me what to say.
Quote:
You are arguing over wording. If god can do whatever he wants because he is above us,
That's not my argument.
Quote:

then that is the same thing as saying might is right. He is mighty, so he can do whatever he wants. That is your position.
I said he can do what he wants because he created us. He owns us. Not because he is simply tough and he came along and took control. Since we originated from him, we belong to him. Not "might makes right".

Seriously....please get it right if you want to try to attack my argument.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,206,389 times
Quote:
No. I have never said might makes right. I challenge you to either quote me on it or recant your statement. Or are you going to lie about me, too?
You do say his status as "potter" means he can do whatever he wants:

Quote:
Yes. Romans 9 makes that clear. Just as the clay has no right to tell the potter what to do with it, we don't have a right to tell him what to do with us. He has the right to decide where and how he shows mercy.
You are clearly claiming "status makes right."

Thankfully, the society outside of your church walls has a far more enlightened morality: it's not ok for the creator or owner of a building to blow it up when there are people inside of it. It's not ok for a business creator/owner to abuse it's employees or sell dangerous/defective products to the public. It's not ok for a politician to execute or jail his political opponents, etc.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
He told us. You have access to his Word, as well. I don't claim to have any special knowledge. It's not like Jesus been talking to me, telling me what to say.

That's not my argument.

I said he can do what he wants because he created us. He owns us. Not because he is simply tough and he came along and took control. Since we originated from him, we belong to him. Not "might makes right".

Seriously....please get it right if you want to try to attack my argument.
Sorry, I have read your book, and found it severely lacking. It is filled with errors and inaccuracies that any thinking man could not overlook. It is no more the word of god than it is the word of SouthernBored. It is the word of many people who didn't even know the reason for the sun setting. The very fact that you THINK you know what god wants proves you think you have special knowledge. You are not special Vizio. Millions of people have studied those same words and come to different conclusions. Are they all right? Are they all wrong? Is only your interpretation correct? What makes your version right and others wrong? What about all the additions and edits to your precious book? Your book is a joke. It was used to control the superstitious masses.

What a sad life it is when you think you are the property of a god that won't even speak to you. I am no ones slave Vizio, and it is sad that you think we are all gods slaves. Really, really sad.

Let me ask you what the difference is in these two scenarios.

1. God kills us all because he created us.

2. God kills us all because he is mighty.

What is the difference?

Old 09-23-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You do say his status as "potter" means he can do whatever he wants:

You are clearly claiming "status makes right."

Thankfully, the society outside of your church walls has a far more enlightened morality: it's not ok for the creator or owner of a building to blow it up when there are people inside of it. It's not ok for a business creator/owner to abuse it's employees or sell dangerous/defective products to the public. It's not ok for a politician to execute or jail his political opponents, etc.
He is only arguing over wording. God is mighty so he can kill whoever he wishes, vs, God is creator so he can kill whoever he wishes. I guess it makes him feel better to think it is simply the master killing the slave, as opposed to a murderer killing an innocent.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:50 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,206,389 times
Quote:
He is only arguing over wording.
Exactly right. It's one of his standard tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality