Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Please stop lying about me. I've repeatedly asked that of you and others. If you can't make your case without flat out lying, it says a lot about you.
I did no such thing. It is clear to everyone, except you, that you believe such a thing. It is not my fault you cannot understand your own rationalizations/BS. Frankly, I don't care what you think it is my opinion that your rationalizations about morality are basically might is right. Might has to with power/hierarchy/position/status/etc. - everything you use to justify your gods morality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:12 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I did no such thing. It is clear to everyone, except you, that you believe such a thing. It is not my fault you cannot understand your own rationalizations/BS. Frankly, I don't care what you think it is my opinion that your rationalizations about morality are basically might is right. Might has to with power/hierarchy/position/status/etc. - everything you use to justify your gods morality.
Yes.

It's why Vizio and other fundamentalists are usually on the far right of the political spectrum: they want a society based on rigid social hierarchy, where people are "ruled with an iron fist." Preferably with themselves at the top of the food chain. And they don't want to be accountable to anyone.

That's why I think creationism is just fascism wearing a mask: it's the idea that someone can do whatever they want because of their status as "ruler" of the universe.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
What a sad life it is when you think you are the property of a god that won't even speak to you. I am no ones slave Vizio, and it is sad that you think we are all gods slaves. Really, really sad.

Let me ask you what the difference is in these two scenarios.

1. God kills us all because he created us.

2. God kills us all because he is mighty.

What is the difference?
Where in the Bible does God kill for no reason whatsoever?

And the fact that "God kills and God makes alive" no one should be upset by what God does since "God is working all together for good."

All the humans who died in the historic world-wide flood will one day be made alive, be given incorruption and immortality. None of them are going to be mad at God for what He has done with that which is His per Philippians 2:8-11. In that far-off day, all who ever died will happily acclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord. And according to 1 Corinthians 15:28, God will be All in all. Since God is love, all humanity, in that day, will walk in perfect love.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:01 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

And the fact that "God kills and God makes alive" no one should be upset by what God does since "God is working all together for good."

All the humans who died in the historic world-wide flood will one day be made alive, be given incorruption and immortality. None of them are going to be mad at God for what He has done with that which is His per Philippians 2:8-11. In that far-off day, all who ever died will happily acclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord. And according to 1 Corinthians 15:28, God will be All in all. Since God is love, all humanity, in that day, will walk in perfect love.

How do you know for sure that not a single person who was drown in the flood of the Bible will not be mad at your God? You are also asssuming that all those who died prior to the birth of Christ will become Christians and I think also that all people of all religions will become Christians on the one day that will come in the future. That those in the cities where God sent the Isrealites in to kill all the men, boys and women who had know men and had the victors take the virgins for their own are going to be OK with that?

Sounds like from your take of that day in the future it does not matter if we are of faith or even good character we all end up with the same fate. That does not sound like the same message that most other Christians make, how do you know that yours is the correct one? Sounds like some Christians are wasting their time telling gays and athesists that they are going to hell as we will all end up in the same situation as the most devout believer.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:06 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,389,453 times
Quote:

Because we made him mad isn't a very good reason Eusie, so for me, it might as well be no reason at all. If everyone he murdered was just going to be "made alive, be given incorruption and immortality," then what was the point? He turns Lot's wife into salt for looking backwards, also not a great reason. He kills someone for "spilling his seed". Killed a baby as punishment for David's adultery. (Not a great reason to murder a baby). They killed the kids who called the guy "bald head". And let us not forget the millions he killed when he flooded the world because he was mad.

These are just a few off the top of my head. There are many others.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:28 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:

Translation: genocide is ok, since everyone will come back to life eventually.

Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
How do you know for sure that not a single person who was drown in the flood of the Bible will not be mad at your God? You are also asssuming that all those who died prior to the birth of Christ will become Christians and I think also that all people of all religions will become Christians on the one day that will come in the future. That those in the cities where God sent the Isrealites in to kill all the men, boys and women who had know men and had the victors take the virgins for their own are going to be OK with that?

Sounds like from your take of that day in the future it does not matter if we are of faith or even good character we all end up with the same fate. That does not sound like the same message that most other Christians make, how do you know that yours is the correct one? Sounds like some Christians are wasting their time telling gays and athesists that they are going to hell as we will all end up in the same situation as the most devout believer.
How do I know my theological understanding is the correct one?

1 Timothy 2:3-6 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God, (4) Who wills that all
mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one Mediator of
God and mankind, a Man, Christ Jesus, (6) Who is giving Himself a correspondent Ransom for all (the
testimony in its own eras),

1 Timothy 4:9-11 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (10) (for for this are we toiling and
being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, (11) especially of
believers. These things be charging and teaching.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Translation: genocide is ok, since everyone will come back to life eventually.

Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities.
Evil in the hand of a perfectly loving God is okay since He is working ALL together for GOOD.
It's His universe, and love, which dictates all His actions, has Him doing all for the eventual good of everyone.
Do you find fault with that?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Because we made him mad isn't a very good reason Eusie, so for me, it might as well be no reason at all. If everyone he murdered was just going to be "made alive, be given incorruption and immortality," then what was the point? He turns Lot's wife into salt for looking backwards, also not a great reason. He kills someone for "spilling his seed". Killed a baby as punishment for David's adultery. (Not a great reason to murder a baby). They killed the kids who called the guy "bald head". And let us not forget the millions he killed when he flooded the world because he was mad.

These are just a few off the top of my head. There are many others.
They were all going to die anyway due to Adam's one unjust act. I suppose you have a problem with that too?

I don't think you are in any position to be judging the One Who created you.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Evil in the hand of a perfectly loving God is okay since He is working ALL together for GOOD.
It's His universe, and love which dictates all His actions, have Him doing all for the eventual good of everyone.
Do you find fault with that?
Stockholm Syndrome in action, boys and girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality