Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:55 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a sexual sin. I'm merely asking why you think God smiles on one sexual sin but not others.
If I were your god, I would definitely frown on sins that hurt others but I would not consider an act between two consenting adults to be a sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 10:35 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You find it patronizing for people to be in commercials? Do you think that commercials should just be images of the item being sold? PEOPLE use those items, and if people can see themselves using those items they are more likely to buy them. It's basic marketing.
True, and its not like conservative Christians don't have media pandering to them as well. What about Duck Dynasty? What about 19 Kids and Counting?

Pop culture has for decades now been one of the things that enrages conservative Christians the most. Why? Because it's a reflection of where society is at. The fact Doritos can do a marketing campaign targeted towards the LGBT community shows that acceptance is now mainstream and that's hard for them to handle. This is nothing new though. Conservative Christians have long wanted to repress popular culture back to the standards of the late 1950s when shows like Leave it to Beaver and the Andy Griffith Show were popular.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If gays just want live their lives, I have no problem with that, but that's not reality. Reality is that especially now with political power, they feel the need to rub it in our face especially with all the rainbow garbage. Now I can't even eat Doritos chips without the rainbow marketing. I can't watch tv without the media celebrating homosexuality as if it was some big achievement. The first gay NFL player! Funny that gays complain about discrimination through separation when they do a big job of making themselves separate and letting everyone know it. How about celebrating someone for their talents and abilities, not their sexuality?
From what I have read a big fuss was made when Jackie Robinson made the major leagues, when the first black quarterback made the NFL, when the first female played professional hockey, the first woman who got a tryout with the nhl, the first Koren hockey player. Would you like me to go on. It is always news when someone breaks a barrier. Did you know that when Warren Moon came to play in Edmonton there had been no starting quarterback in NFL but that 7 of the 9 in the cfl were? No one cards if a black becomes a quarterback now because it is common. But what a fuss over Tebow who is not all that great but he is a Christian so the Christians made a big fuss of him as if he was the first. It is unfortunate that you are so disgusted by homosexuality that you fail to see so many reasons why they celebrate their successes. By the way in your state an employer is free to fire anyone who is gay just for being gay and that would mean the gay will not get a paycheck. Kennedy was the first catholic president, Obama the first black, Romney would have been celebrated as the first Mormon, eventually someone as the first womsn, first atheist, first muslim, first hindu, first native American and the first gsy. First are important in the news unless you are part of the group that wanted to keep them from being able to get where they ended. I would have thought it was good for a Mormon to be able to be elected even if I did not support his policies I would have celebrated his achievement. It is sad that you wished that Michael Sam's efforts would go unnoticed s9 that young gays would still feel like they do not belong. Jackie Robinson and the news of his breaking the barrier opened baseball to many more blacks. Robinson also played in Montreal in the minor league where Sam recently played.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Forgot to mention that this year Mrs Canada was crowned Mrs universe and she is the first aboriginal woman to do so. If the media kept quite about this it would send the message to First Nations people that they are not important but making this as big news it highlights that they belong and are valued. Being the first is always good if it is for a good achievement.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Only because your perception is limited to the physical realm. The flesh dies but the spirit doesn't.
<Citation Needed>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality