Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 12:20 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,987,285 times

Advertisements

Well I do not find anything hateful with Ray comfort. Yes you can freely disagree with him but no way he is hateful. We all have our opinions just as the clip of the trans person that is inverviewed by him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vsLsnr5sEs&safe=active

Mate I have seen very pro gay documentaries and gay people claiming they are Christian yet do not think that homosexuality is a sin and know them well and did agree with their stance too then. Yet even today i would not say they are hateful even though i have a different opinion of it. I see them as lost without Jesus Christ as their personal saviour and having a true relationship with him.

Last edited by other99; 09-26-2015 at 12:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 12:37 AM

301 posts, read 296,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It goes directly against the model for marriage of what God gave us. He created Adam and Eve -- male and female. Just as with anything in life, if we go against his plan and his design, we are telling him that he is not good. When we murder we tell God that life is not precious. Likewise, homosexual acts are a rejection of God's gift of love, sex, and marriage.
Quote:
The question of sexuality goes back to Genesis 2. God made Adam and Eve, and he defined marriage and sexuality. In the NT, Jesus affirmed God's position on marriage, as well.

The OT Laws of the Mosaic Covenant are not binding on a Christian today. That's why I do not believe that we need to abstain from eating shellfish or shaving the hair on the sides of my face.
So if the OT laws are not binding, are the 10 Commandments? There is so much contradiction with this in the bible that Fundamental Christians like yourself are blinded to only 1 single interpretation that you have to walk on eggshells to get around the 613 laws that are mentioned in the OT. You only abide and try to push into legislations the rules that you like. I cannot fathom why there is such hatred of homosexuals who are living their lives just like everyone else. And if you look at it as sin then you have to look at divorce as sin which is mentioned just as much as homosexuality. Basically 50% of the Christian population is living in as much of a perverse "Sexual Sin" as you are calling as the homosexual population.

Matthew 5:17-20
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:1-3
23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Why would anyone want to love a being that promoted slavery, the killing of infants, genocide of a planet, forced rape and marriage of virgin children of towns where they just killed every male regardless of age and women that had born children.

I couldn't do it even if he had the "Strength of a unicorn" Numbers 23:22

Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
So if the OT laws are not binding, are the 10 Commandments? There is so much contradiction with this in the bible that Fundamental Christians like yourself are blinded to only 1 single interpretation that you have to walk on eggshells to get around the 613 laws that are mentioned in the OT. You only abide and try to push into legislations the rules that you like. I cannot fathom why there is such hatred of homosexuals who are living their lives just like everyone else. And if you look at it as sin then you have to look at divorce as sin which is mentioned just as much as homosexuality. Basically 50% of the Christian population is living in as much of a perverse "Sexual Sin" as you are calling as the homosexual population.
If gays just want live their lives, I have no problem with that, but that's not reality. Reality is that especially now with political power, they feel the need to rub it in our face especially with all the rainbow garbage. Now I can't even eat Doritos chips without the rainbow marketing. I can't watch tv without the media celebrating homosexuality as if it was some big achievement. The first gay NFL player! Funny that gays complain about discrimination through separation when they do a big job of making themselves separate and letting everyone know it. How about celebrating someone for their talents and abilities, not their sexuality?

Old 09-26-2015, 06:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If gays just want live their lives, I have no problem with that, but that's not reality. Reality is that especially now with political power, they feel the need to rub it in our face especially with all the rainbow garbage. Now I can't even eat Doritos chips without the rainbow marketing. I can't watch tv without the media celebrating homosexuality as if it was some big achievement. The first gay NFL player! Funny that gays complain about discrimination through separation when they do a big job of making themselves separate and letting everyone know it. How about celebrating someone for their talents and abilities, not their sexuality?
This reads as, "WHAAAAAAA gays don't have to hide from my sight anymore! They need to be happy hiding so I can pretend that they don't exist"

Old 09-26-2015, 08:14 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This reads as, "WHAAAAAAA gays don't have to hide from my sight anymore! They need to be happy hiding so I can pretend that they don't exist"
Or maybe we're tired of marketing campaigns by companies falling all over themselves to patronize the new media darlings.

Doesn't it get old? Don't you realize that these companies simply see you as a new market that can be tapped into? That they think of gay people as nothing more than a way to make a buck? That if they act like they care, you'll go them in droves? They're using you.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:24 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,287,715 times
Im sure for gays the new positive attention beats getting beat up, being rejected by family and friends, and ostracized simply because they are gay .

It doesnt set too well with some that this is no longer the case in America , it seems.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Im sure for gays the new positive attention beats getting beat up, being rejected by family and friends, and ostracized simply because they are gay .

It doesnt set too well with some that this is no longer the case in America , it seems.
Please don't mistake the fact that we may have a moral objection to a sinful behavior as a desire to see physical harm or persecution to someone. To do so would not be honest.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Being offended by a bag of colorful Doritos is a sign of not having the coping skills of a normal grown-up. Especially considering the Doritos are not available in stores, cost $10 a bag and the money raised by their sale is given to charity.

Such sensitive people the anti-gay fundies. Goodness knows what will make them melt-down next. Hopefully they avoid the candy aisle in the store because a bag of Skittles could send them to the ER.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Or maybe we're tired of marketing campaigns by companies falling all over themselves to patronize the new media darlings.

Doesn't it get old? Don't you realize that these companies simply see you as a new market that can be tapped into? That they think of gay people as nothing more than a way to make a buck? That if they act like they care, you'll go them in droves? They're using you.
Companies market to many different groups. Why does it bother you so much that they now show gays in those ads too? Yes gays exist. Yes gays buy cars, and houses, and cereal, and beer, and washing machines, and house hold cleaners. Why wouldn't gays be included in the marketing of those products?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,287,715 times
Quote:
Please don't mistake the fact that we may have a moral objection to a sinful behavior as a desire to see physical harm or persecution to someone. To do so would not be honest.

My post was a specific response to your complaint that gays were now media darlings and not still stuck in the closet out of fear.

Read what my posts say , not what you want to make them say .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality