Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:34 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No one can explain how being a in a committed relationship with someone of the same gender is unloving or harmful -- therefore it's not a sin.
God has called it sin. That's good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a sexual sin. I'm merely asking why you think God smiles on one sexual sin but not others.
No, it is a sexual behavior. Why do you think God smiles on one sexual behavior and not others?

From my perspective the issue is harm. Both infidelity and pedophilia harm someone else. A consensual homosexual relationship does not. Which is why I would argue that it is not a moral wrong. If there were a god who was loving and just, I tend to think he would agree. If your conception of God has a problem with it, perhaps examining the morality of your beliefs is in order...

-NoCapo

Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
I accept that you believe God has called it a sin. That does not make it so.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
I know some adulterers that say they can't be held to one woman -- that they were simply born that way. Do they get a pass?

Or the pedophile that says he can't help himself but to molest a child. He says he was created by God that way. Does he get a pass?

If a person molest a child he or she should be charged with the crime and if convicted punished. Adultry should be dealt with by the injured party, if he or she forgives so be it, if not then most likely the end of the relationship. Same sex sex is legal among concenting adults. What all the gods and goddess wish to do about it are their businesses. Seems like for many religious people believing in the wrong god or worhsiping in the wrong manner are considered sins too yet you do not seem to worried about that. There is no reason to believe that you are right and the other religions and ways of intrepeting your own religion is wrong.

If this movies does degrade the value of life of a homosexual and we know that due to self confusion, family and societal rejections that homosexual teenagers have a higher than average suicide rate then the making and showing of this movie seems to me to be immoral.

I feel sorry for pediphiles but not as much as for children who have been molested. Monogamy is not the norm in our genes but what we have as society decided is the best arrangment for us. If a person cannot be held to one person they do have the choice of being single where they do not injure their spouse or find a spouse who will accept an open marriage hence they do have choices were they do not harm themself or their spouse. I might think adultery is wrong but it is not a sin. Killing all the people and animals in a city seem a bit more immoral than cheating on your wife. I have never either committed adultry or wiped out an entire city.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
No one can explain how being a in a committed relationship with someone of the same gender is unloving or harmful -- therefore it's not a sin.
Quote:
I take this as an admission that you cannot explain how it is unloving or harmful, by the way. How does that not raise a red flag for you?

Old 09-24-2015, 01:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Here we go again, boys and girls.

In moronic fundy-think, being gay equates with cheating on your spouse and raping children.
Fundamentalists are determined to equate being gay with being a blight on society.

I think fundamentalism is a blight on society.... so there you go.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I take this as an admission that you cannot explain how it is unloving or harmful, by the way. How does that not raise a red flag for you?
It goes directly against the model for marriage of what God gave us. He created Adam and Eve -- male and female. Just as with anything in life, if we go against his plan and his design, we are telling him that he is not good. When we murder we tell God that life is not precious. Likewise, homosexual acts are a rejection of God's gift of love, sex, and marriage.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I accept that you believe God has called it a sin. That does not make it so.
And I accept that YOU believe that it is not. But that doesn't mean that it isn't so.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Pedophilia is against the law, as is adultery. Being gay is not.

Also, if you're going to spout from your book, may I assume that you also do not eat shrimp, nor wear two types of fabric at the same time? You can't pick and choose which sin applies. That makes you either a hypocrite or a jerk. Or both.

Quote:
God has said differently. It doesn't surprise me though, to see you say otherwise.
Artful dodge, Pastor Vizio. The question was, "How do you justify ignoring some ironclad laws in the Bible while acknowledging others?"

Which raises another question, "Why is there no law against pedophilia in the Old Testament. Perhaps the individuals who wrote Leviticus really enjoyed indulging in it and saw to it that no law against it would be added. Especially, since Numbers 31:18 practically encourages pedophilia:

Quote:
Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
No response? I didn't think so. The stench of hypocrisy is all over Christian morals.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 09-24-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It goes directly against the model for marriage of what God gave us. He created Adam and Eve -- male and female. Just as with anything in life, if we go against his plan and his design, we are telling him that he is not good. When we murder we tell God that life is not precious. Likewise, homosexual acts are a rejection of God's gift of love, sex, and marriage.

This is just a reiteration of "God has said it's a sin and that's good enough for me." It does nothing to show that it is harmful or unloving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality