Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,610,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My god said that gays are ok with her. And my god is better than your god.

So there.
But their god is the one that's into human sacrifice. Are you saying that's bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 09:12 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,443,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God has said differently. It doesn't surprise me though, to see you say otherwise.
Actually, no, you're wrong. God has never said that just being homosexual is sinful. An abstinent homosexual person is not sexually sinning at all. Just as an abstinent heterosexual person is not sexually sinning either.

Particular sexual acts have been called sinful in your Bible, and they are sinful whether they are practiced by heterosexuals or homosexuals. The sinful act is sodomy, which some gays and some straights participate in, and some gays and some straights don't participate in at all.

If you are going to call out sexual sin, then call out sexual sin, but don't put all the sexual sin on one group of people, because you have absolutely no idea what is going on in their bedrooms.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:37 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Here we go again, boys and girls.
In moronic fundy-think, being gay equates with cheating on your spouse and raping children.
That is because the fundies focus on behaviors and NOT the inner state of mind. God is entirely focused on our inner state of mind because that is what defines sin . . . lack of agape love.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ummm...... You've not only made dozens of posts in which you've called gays sinners..... you've said they're going to hell. You have also responded to posts by telling people they are sinning.

Your "opinions" are straight from the Fundamentalist Handbook. As is your sudden loss of memory when called out.
Show me one post where I said this specific person is going to hell. I've only talked about my beliefs regarding homosexuality.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Show me one post where I said this specific person is going to hell. I've only talked about my beliefs regarding homosexuality.
I see you still haven't put me on ignore. I know.....I'm just too irresistible.

I see, also, that you believe in torture. Which would be going through your dozens and dozens of posts about homosexuality, gay sex, body orifices, gay pride parades and sexually transmitted diseases. I'll pass. As a supporter of Amnesty International...I'm anti-torture. But the next time you do it, I shall be happy to bring it to your attention.

You're welcome.

p.s. As long as you are telling the LGBTQ community they are sinners....you cannot pay attention to your own and stop sinning. God, according to your own beliefs, will be displeased.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
But their god is the one that's into human sacrifice. Are you saying that's bad?
Can you give an example of human sacrifice that God is in favor of?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:38 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Can you give an example of human sacrifice that God is in favor of?
The entire Christian faith is based on the sacrifice of Christ, or didn't you know that?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The entire Christian faith is based on the sacrifice of Christ, or didn't you know that?
Christians do not believe Jesus is merely human. He is fully God and fully man. So we believe that the Christian faith is based on God-Man sacrifice, not human sacrifice. There is a big difference.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Christians do not believe Jesus is merely human. He is fully God and fully man. So we believe that the Christian faith is based on God-Man sacrifice, not human sacrifice. There is a big difference.
Did God die?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:19 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Ok, so it's both human sacrifice and cosmic child abuse. Thanks for clearing that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality