Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 05:05 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I do not know what Stockholm syndrome is. I guess you are referring to me in that statement---- Why? because you cannot prove my post is false, because its truth. So like many of you that I have seen through the years--start personal attacks when they have 0 for an answer.

'Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.'

Do keep in mind, KJW, that accusing someone of personal attacks is, in itself, a personal attack.

You have no way to prove that what you say is 'true'. By the standards of 'truth' that you're providing, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster are real because nobody can prove they're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 07:09 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times
Quote:
Your post is false---you lack understanding of the events that occurred in Eden.
When satan told Eve--you will become like God, knowing good and bad--he was saying, If we knew both sides ourselves, we wouldn't need to listen to Gods advice, We could choose ourselves. This was a direct challenge to Gods universal sovreignty.
God created mortals to know only good and to listen to his advice on how to find the path of lasting happiness. God had 2 choices---let it be proven once and for all time who is correct, or kill all 3 on the spot-thus no one ever given life would have been born--the seed would have died with them. Since God is a God of justice, he knew our lives mattered. So the conclusion is--all that love God and know him, knows he is correct in every choice he makes. He is worth getting to know--in fact Jesus taught one must know him and know Jesus to get eternal life( John 17:1-6,26) verse 6,26= YHWH(Jehovah)
No. If he is all-powerful, he can create mortals exactly the way he wants, without having to go through everything you mentioned. Allowing evil and not protecting innocents from evil is evil. And making everyone an automatic sinner, just by being born, is evil as well. That is not the behavior of a loving, benevolent creator.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
I do not know what Stockholm syndrome is. I guess you are referring to me in that statement---- Why? because you cannot prove my post is false, because its truth. So like many of you that I have seen through the years--start personal attacks when they have 0 for an answer.
Well, here is a thought: Educate yourself by looking it up.

Or you could just read the post after yours. The point is, a lot of religious people exhibit the symptoms of it. God being the hostage taker, them being the hostage.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:25 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sounds to me that sinful men commiting evil acts out of their own free will is sick. Would you prefer that God had never created you in the first place?
I'm not sure how to answer that?

First of all, God never created me .... You see my dilemma?

Besides;

There can be no such thing as sinful men if God created us because God is perfect and he saw that his creation was perfect, so .....

God gave man a free will so acting out of his free will cannot be evil .....

No, you got me on this one!

Unless God is evil and that's why he planted the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden AND THEN WENT AND TOLD ADAM AND EVE ABOUT IT SO THEY WOULD BE TEMPTED!

Sick, sick sick!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:19 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Because it is all they have.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:27 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
[quote=303Guy;43163203]I'm not sure how to answer that?

First of all, God never created me .... You see my dilemma? [quote]
He formed you in the womb and gave you life and breath and all.

Quote:
Besides;

There can be no such thing as sinful men if God created us because God is perfect and he saw that his creation was perfect, so .....
The Bible doesn't say God created mankind perfect. He created Adam and Eve flesh and soulish and He said it was good, not perfect. He gave them a simple command and they disobeyed that command. That does not make God evil.

Quote:
God gave man a free will so acting out of his free will cannot be evil .....
The Bible doesn't say God gave man a free will. It just says mankind's will is the will of the flesh and in Romans 8 it states the flesh is enmity to God. So how can man's will be free from being at enmity to God?

Quote:
No, you got me on this one!

Unless God is evil and that's why he planted the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden AND THEN WENT AND TOLD ADAM AND EVE ABOUT IT SO THEY WOULD BE TEMPTED!

Sick, sick sick!
God isn't evil for planting the tree of the knowledge of GOOD and evil in the garden. You see you focus on the evil. I focus on the GOOD. It is better to focus on GOOD AND EVIL.

He made them flesh knowing full well in advance they would be unable to please Him (Rom.8). He planted the tree. He created the serpent. He put the serpent in the garden. This does not make God evil. Rather, it shows that God had the plan of redemption already in place when He explained to them about their redeemer to come. It all works together for GOOD. Therefore God is GOOD.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
[quote=Eusebius;43164773]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
...Rather, it shows that God had the plan of redemption already in place when He explained to them about their redeemer to come. It all works together for GOOD. Therefore God is GOOD.
That makes no logical sense whatsoever...So, basically, you are saying that G-d created a broken item just so He could fix it?...Just for the hell of it?...What exactly was the need for Him to do this?...

And He didn't sat nothing about a redeemer to them...

Old 02-27-2016, 08:53 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,947,097 times
Quote:

Don't worry, lousy example SD, doesn't apply at all here more like the movie, "Dog Day Afternoon", or the Patty Hearst incident of 1974, those were prime examples of Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
He gave them a simple command and they disobeyed that command.
Which he knew would happen.

Quote:
That does not make God evil.
It makes your god either evil or stupid.

Last edited by Rafius; 02-27-2016 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 09:49 AM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
He gave them a simple command and they disobeyed that command.
Quote:
That does not make God evil.
Quote:
.... Rather, it shows that God had the plan of redemption already in place when He explained to them about their redeemer to come. It all works together for GOOD. Therefore God is GOOD.
Hey I never that! Those are not my quotes!

That was Eusebius. Follow the quote link and it points to my post that Eusebius quoted.

Last edited by 303Guy; 02-27-2016 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality