Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 06:39 PM

20,020 posts, read 13,496,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
thats why I said
I opened it in a separate tab and magnified it. It's quite fuzzy but more readable.

Regrettably the content is pretty incoherent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 06:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
thats why I said
Not really, it is just fuzzy. Regardless, what is the source of that. I see it appears to quote a biblical passage; that immediately makes it suspect. Great for theology, horrible for science.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:44 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times
i get different results on different computers

here try this
Template:Seven spirits - Religion-wiki - Wikia

Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:

here try this
That is better although you still have to zoom in quite a bit.

This is my favorite part:

Quote:
Females have finite empathy but only an infinitesimal
amount of anti-empathy (infinitesimal clitorises)
Males have finite anti-empathy but only an infinitesimal
amount of empathy (infinitesimal breasts)
My best WTF moment of the day, bar none.

Whoever authored this is free associating in an attempt to force fit concepts together. And even they end up with quite a few "?????" labels where they couldn't dream something up that fit. I mean, associating relative size of breasts and and sex organs with empathy is rather like the Nazis fascination with trying to associate head shape characteristics with intelligence.

And speaking of Nazis, in what sense is Asperger Syndrome Nazi-like?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:

here try this
OK, I can read that, but all it does is make a list of assertions, with no citations to back them up. Not even references of value, unless your suggesting the bible passages give it credibility. I hope that is not what you are suggesting, is it?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times
treating people like inanimate objects is very Nazi-like

Old 04-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
treating people like inanimate objects is very Nazi-like
Persons with Aspergers do not perceive others as inanimate objects; besides, that perception would evidence taking their perceptual difficulties personally. These are people who want to relate to others but can't.

What Nazis did was depersonalize and dehumanize others so that they could mistreat them. Mistaking a high functioning autistic for a fascist is quite a feat, given that the autistic person would have been one of the "defectives" they would want to spirit away and dispose of. And it reflects the same level of overreach that nearly all the associations in this chart make. And calling it overreach is a kindness; most of these connections would be more accurately described as highly questionable, not simply overdetermined.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 PM

Autistics approach people as they do because of perceptual deficits, not for the purpose or intent of using or dehumanizing them.

I repeat, an autistic would be just the sort of "defective" a Nazi would hate. They wouldn't recruit an autistic; they would kill them (ideally) or put them in a concentration camp or a medical experiment.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Cardinal Paolo Emilio Sfondrati, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine, Monsignor Francesco Ingoli, Pope Paul V, et. al.

What Galileo overlooked in his empirical observations was what the Bible said about that which he observed.
Those guys tapped him on the shoulder and told him if he wasn't careful what he sayd he will get burned at the stake. That isn't what mordant meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I challenge you to demonstrate one single time in human history when a theologian has tapped a scientist on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, sir, but your equation is off here ... and here ... and you overlooked X, Y and Z ... and if you adjust for this here, and that there, you can make aluminum transparent and get antigravity out of it as a nice side effect."
There is no science in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality