Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 01:25 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nice smug "I am a special little snowflake" attitude you display all the while insulting those who don't share your views. This is typical behavior from people like you.
I take offense at those making fun of God. I find it very arrogant of them. I am sorry I offended you, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
None of which has the slightest relevance to whether or not you accurately represent the actual positions of the science you critique or that you have a valid critique in the first place.

And over and over and over again we have explained why and how were engage in discussions about these topics and how that is and isn't connected to what we do or don't believe. Here, too, you insist on bearing false witness as to our motivations, the nature and substance of our belief position, and the basis for it. Rather than asking us what those motivations and characteristics actually are, or paying the slightest attention to the answers, you continue to flog the notion that because we don't believe we have no right to talk about it, or that we have some secret inner knowing that we are wrong, or some other sub pop psych pap. And to pretend that these issues have not been addressed or that you have not been corrected concerning it.
I honestly don't recall assigning motive to you specifically. I do see a lot of anti-religion posting in general on these boards, though.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:51 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I take offense at those making fun of God. I find it very arrogant of them. I am sorry I offended you, however.
You did not offend me in any way shape or form. You only offended yourself and those of your flock.

You should learn to develop more emotional maturity and knowledge when it comes to understanding our freedom of speech rights.

Taking offense by what others think is a sure sign that you need to work on yourself.

On that note this one is for you and Viz and any other oppressive mentality bible thumper.

Attached Thumbnails
The whole "personal relationship" with Jesus thing is delusional-freedom.jpg  

Last edited by Matadora; 05-24-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Well...I can tell by your post that Christian Beliefs really bother you a lot and cause you angst.
That's a tough one...since a third of the world is Christian and it veritably permeates the planet, especially the United States, and Texas is a Poster-Child of Christianity. Unless you stay holed up in your home (don't watch television), it will be in your face, everywhere you look...a constant reminder.
Since you are, in fact, helpless and powerless to do a thing about that...I hope you are able to reconcile your negative feelings about it.
Good luck to you...you are gonna need it.
Ah, but there's the rub. 1/3 of the world SAY they are Christian. There's a big difference between saying you're a Christian and actually being a Christian. What is this difference, you ask? I don't know, nor do most Christians, because what makes a Christian depends on whose opinion you're seeking. There are the Christians in name only. I suspect this accounts for most of them. Those are the ones who never go to church, don't know where their Bible is (assuming they own one,) and only call out God's name during sex.

Then there are Christians who go to church every now and then, maybe throw a dollar or two in the offering plate, pray once in a while, and that's it. Are they Christians? Probably not. But no one can really think of the Christians in name only as Christians.

One step on from that are the regular churchgoers who sincerely seek God's will in their lives (whatever that is) and live life according to their idea of the tenets of the Bible. One could logically argue such people are Christians. But what percentage of this third of the world's population actually do these things regularly? Probably 20% or fewer of that third. No matter how many people are truly "practicing Christians," it doesn't change the fact that these individuals are praying to a silent, invisible (and some would claim imaginary) being, thus are incapable of having a "real" relationship with such a being. Relationships are reciprocal, and one cannot have a reciprocal relationship with a wall.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
You did not offend me in any way shape or form. You only offended yourself and those of your flock.

You should learn to develop more emotional maturity and knowledge when it comes to understanding our freedom of speech rights.

Taking offense by what others think is a sure sign that you need to work on yourself.

On that note this one is for you and Viz and any other oppressive mentality bible thumper.
I find that incredibly ironic due to the fact that you are on a religious message board attacking our beliefs. Again...we aren't the ones seeking out others to criticize and attack them.

You should also learn to develop some more emotional maturity to live and let live.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I find that incredibly ironic due to the fact that you are on a religious message board attacking our beliefs. Again...we aren't the ones seeking out others to criticize and attack them.

You should also learn to develop some more emotional maturity to live and let live.
LOL you are the last person who should be giving out this advice. I find it ironic that a person who works in a brainwashing institution is trying to tell others to live and let live. Is this how you preach in your sermons. Do you tell others that there is more than one way to obtain spiritual growth? That they don't have to believe in a god or Jesus to develop spiritually? I didn't think so! You don't even respect the concept of live and let live neither does your oppressive religion.

You would love it if science would just shun away and allow your types to continue spreading deception. Keep on wishing for that but it's never going to happen.

When religious fundies learn to live and let live then me and everyone else who stands up to their oppressive ignorance will live in harmony together. Your religion started this oppressive ignorance 2000 years ago and thankfully because of people like me and many others your voice is getting smaller and smaller.

Too bad you guys have a religion that teaches lies, oppressiveness, dividedness, hatred and war. There will never be a world of live and let live as long as we have religions that teach this mentality.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
LOL you are the last person who should be giving out this advice. You would love it if science would just shun away and allow your types to continue spreading deception. Keep on wishing for that but it's never going to happen.

When religious fundies learn to live and let live then me and everyone else who stands up to their oppressive ignorance will live in harmony together. Your religion started this oppressive ignorance 2000 years ago and thankfully because of people like me and many others your voice is getting smaller and smaller.

Too bad you guys have a religion that teaches lies, oppressiveness, dividedness, hatred and war. There will never be a world of live and let live as long as we have religions that teach this mentality.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
What else can a deceptive person do when faced facts they can't deny. *shrug*

Old 05-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
What else can a deceptive person do when faced facts they can't deny. *shrug*
The thing is...it doesn't matter how much I say, or what I deny..because you've got your narrative and you're sticking to it..whether or not it has any basis in reality.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The thing is...it doesn't matter how much I say, or what I deny..because you've got your narrative and you're sticking to it..whether or not it has any basis in reality.
It's not what I say...it's what I have read that you say that informs me of exactly what type of person I am dealing with. Thank yourself and stop pointing the finger at everyone else. Take a good long look at yourself and what you say in your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality