Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Does the universe answer our prayers, incarnate itself into human form, give us wisdom or eternal life in heaven, or anything else that theists believe God gives humans?
Religious beliefs have confounded our understanding of God because we are conditioned as physical and carnal beings. But our spiritual essence is entirely conscious. The development and maturity of its character are what concerns God since our awareness essentially reproduces God's consciousness. In its ultimate state, consciousness is "non-material," energy in what we would characterize as an "EM-like" state of existence. As far as we know there is little that can transform such consciousness energy into something else so that seems rather eternal. At some point, a human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance with the consciousness of God to connect the entire collective human consciousness to its source, so in that sense, the character of God had to be incarnated in a human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 05:12 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
There are two kinds of people I can never hope to understand: People who had happy childhoods and loving families, and people who don't believe in SOMETHING.

Just as I can never hope to wrap my mind around the concept of someone wanting to SPEND TIME WITH THEIR FAMILIES when I moved thousands of miles to get away from mine, I can never hope to understand why someone would not have some kind of something to worship.
Here we go again: the fallacy that atheists don't believe in anything

Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Does the universe answer our prayers, incarnate itself into human form, give us wisdom or eternal life in heaven, or anything else that theists believe God gives humans?
Listen to Mystic...he has knowledge. He will teach you.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:27 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
... the character of God had to be incarnated in a human.
God is incarnated in every human
every single human

every human is God incarnated in human form
we are all equal
in that regard

always have been
always will be

Old 06-23-2016, 05:44 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Religious beliefs have confounded our understanding of God because we are conditioned as physical and carnal beings. But our spiritual essence is entirely conscious. The development and maturity of its character are what concerns God since our awareness essentially reproduces God's consciousness. In its ultimate state, consciousness is "non-material," energy in what we would characterize as an "EM-like" state of existence. As far as we know there is little that can transform such consciousness energy into something else so that seems rather eternal. At some point, a human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance with the consciousness of God to connect the entire collective human consciousness to its source, so in that sense, the character of God had to be incarnated in a human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
God is incarnated in every human
every single human
every human is God incarnated in human form
we are all equal
in that regard
always have been
always will be
Why not post my entire sentence rather than pretend you are refuting what I said. Everything in our reality is some vibratory manifestation of whatever it is (I call it consciousness field) that comprises our reality. To be compatible, things must achieve some harmonic resonance with it. For a complete connection, perfect resonance is required and that is what Jesus achieved. Perfect resonance is IDENTICAL to the source., our imperfections simply need to be in harmonic resonance.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:51 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
At some point, a human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance with the consciousness of God to connect the entire collective human consciousness to its source, so in that sense, the character of God had to be incarnated in a human.
So, you believe there's a supernatural consciousness of some kind in the universe and call it God.

In your opinion, do humans have eternal life in any way that is non-metaphorical? If so, how is that possible?

Old 06-23-2016, 08:01 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
At some point, a human consciousness had to achieve perfect resonance with the consciousness of God to connect the entire collective human consciousness to its source
humans did not need connecting to source, because

every human being is already connected directly to God
and has always been connected directly to God

always has been
always will be
individually and collectively

various human teachers through the ages may describe it, but they don't cause it.
big difference

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-23-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I didnt say "Christ"...I said "Jesus".
LMAO! Well that's even worse. If any such person existed he was nothing more that an itinerant rebel rabbi that got his arse shot off for shouting his mouth off!!!

Quote:
Most polls rate Jesus the most influential man ever.
Those polls refer to JtC mate. Try to keep up will ya!

Quote:
You make it sound lkie he's just some Schmo.
Yes ...that's just what he was. If he existed at all then he was a nothing. One of many outspoken critics of the religious establishment of that time.

Quote:
He's typically top of the list. Him and Muhammad.
Get the right one. That one is not any Jesus the man. You are thinking of Jesus the Christ.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,391 times
I believe in god and I believe he answers prayers.... I think the reason atheists don't believe in god is because they have never personally experienced his goodness in their live like me, or they just don't have the need to believe in a Higher Power. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I think its sad when religious people condemn atheists as sinners, or when skeptics of a Higher Power are so condescending toward those of us who believe in God. There is no need to be hateful and nasty toward one another.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:09 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I believe in god and I believe he answers prayers.... I think the reason atheists don't believe in god is because they have never personally experienced his goodness in their live like me, or they just don't have the need to believe in a Higher Power. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I think its sad when religious people condemn atheists as sinners, or when skeptics of a Higher Power are so condescending toward those of us who believe in God. There is no need to be hateful and nasty toward one another.
With that I would mostly agree. I'm not so sure about God answering prayers though. My son's mother prayed for him. She prayed and prayed and prayed but all to no avail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality