Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 11:07 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
He just can't do that, huh?

HW, at this very moment dose god know if I am going to heaven or hell? A yes or no will be fine please

How about before I was conceived? Again, yes or no please

Before my parents? y or n?
How about an answer to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 11:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
Why do we need to persevere with God in prayer concerning the salvation of others?

To get even more rewards in heaven. Why else?

Old 07-23-2016, 11:09 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
In the end He is holding the Chalice of Light ~ understand?

Wormfood, Hush, wormfood. That's all we become after we are dead. And then we become worm excrement.

Cool, huh?

Old 07-23-2016, 11:13 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Wormfood, Hush, wormfood. That's all we become after we are dead. And then we become worm excrement.

Cool, huh?
Your going to burn so Bright one day (and I'm not referring to Hell in anyway shape or form).

~ I know in the end you'll make the right choice.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:19 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Your going to burn so Bright one day (and I'm not referring to Hell in anyway shape or form).

Of course, we all will burn bright some day. After all, we are nothing but stardust, and billions of years from now, what is left of our atomic makeup, will become stardust again. No magic needed.

Read and learn. Current knowledge, not something superstitious, itinerant desert goat herders dreamed up around their campfires 2000 years ago.

We Are Stardust?Literally

Old 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Of course, we all will burn bright some day. After all, we are nothing but stardust, and billions of years from now, what is left of our atomic makeup, will become stardust again. No magic needed.

Read and learn. Current knowledge, not something superstitious, itinerant desert goat herders dreamed up around their campfires 2000 years ago.

We Are Stardust?Literally
If you let the words and actions of the coming king keep you from going Nova, you'll never leave this Chalice.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:26 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:

I already made the right choice -- to refrain from superstition and wasting my life believing in ancient gods that do not even belong to our culture, ethnicity or geographical region. In fact, the god most people in this country bow down to did not even "choose" them but rather "chose" some other tribe a long time ago (but of course that tribe was chosen considering that tribe was the one who invented God in the first place -- why would you invent a god who chose someone else, after all.)

Old 07-23-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I already made the right choice -- to refrain from superstition and wasting my life believing in ancient gods that do not even belong to our culture, ethnicity or geographical region. In fact, the god most people in this country bow down to did not even "choose" them but rather "chose" some other tribe a long time ago (but of course that tribe was chosen considering that tribe was the one who invented God in the first place -- why would you invent a god who chose someone else, after all.)
Maybe your a HYPER NOVA?

(The Brightness of Light can only be seen in the deepest dark)

Old 07-23-2016, 11:42 AM

When the 7 years come and the lines form to the Guillotines, ones TESTIMONY before OTHERS, will matter.

You may make the difference between 1 or a 1000 lights by what yous say at your last moment.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:44 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because our salvation is of God -- not the fickle whim of man.
You would have thought that if God was at all concerned with salvation, he would have started immediately and not wasted several thousand years doting on the Hebrews while ignoring everyone else.

Of course, no one seems at all puzzled by the fact that God never once tried to convert anyone -- or ordered the Hebrews to try and convert anyone -- in the Old Testament. In that book, anyone who wasn't an Israelite was simply put to death, not saved.

There was no salvation before the Christ Cult came along -- and even today, the original Hebrews do not believe that the salvation offered by the Christ Cult is necessarily real.

It just seems rather odd that God would withhold his son for tens of thousands of years, making no mention of the Hebrews even upon the Creation of the World (were Adam and Eve Hebrew and, if not, where did Hebrews come from and why did they make such a sudden appearance? How did they evolve? What caused a split between Jews and Gentiles? Considering Hebrews and the rest of us are often physically different, how did this occur and why is there no mention of this in the Bible?)

But no one seems to care about this rather strange anomaly and simply continue to blindly worship even though they, themselves were never chosen by Yahweh for salvation and that the Hebrews themselves do not believe that their very own messiah is, in fact, their messiah. Which is to say that Christians are following the wrong guy.

The REAL Hebrew messiah may have absolutely nothing at all planned for Gentiles ... meaning that all the rest of us should have gotten our own god a long time ago ... but didn't. I guess we were just too lazy.

Not that it matters for we atheists since we don't believe in gods to begin with, but it just demonstrates one of the reasons WHY we don't believe.

SOME of us actually THINK about these things and realize that, when scrutinized with rudimentary critical thought, logic, and comparative historical study, what we're taught in Sunday School wilts like a flower in a drought.

But hey, whoever said that religion is supposed to make a lick of sense, right? *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality