Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 11:34 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Like you ask everyone else, support your claims...
I posted them in the original language. If you did not see the post, let me know and I will the again just for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 12:02 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Do you really not understand that all of the statements in bold are plural?
You then miss the big picture being shown there, my friend. Read them again and then go back to the "us" of Genesis 1:27 and the mention of the same in Genesis 11.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You then miss the big picture being shown there, my friend.
I didn't miss it, I disagreed with it.

Quote:
Read them again and then go back to the "us" of Genesis 1:27 and the mention of the same in Genesis 11.
Same thing. "Us" cannot refer to angles. Angels do not have the power or authority to confuse languages.

Gen 11:5 - The lord came down...
Gen 11:6 - The Lord said...
Gen 11:8 - So the Lord scattered them...
Gen 11:9 - ...there the Lord scattered them ...

Lord does not include angels.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:16 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Trinity is a monument to human ignorance about the true source of personhood - our consciousness. There is no hypostatic nonsense or kenosis or any other nonsense jargon. It is no mystery. God IS consciousness (Spirit) and Jesus brought God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) to His human consciousness connecting us all.to God. God IS Spirit (consciousness). God IS agape. God's Holy Spirit is agape. Jesus brought God's perfect Holy Spirit of agape to His human consciousness(Spirit).That is how they are all referring to one God. The separate persons nonsense is just that nonsense.
Quote:
Of course not. The Bible doe snot teach such nonsense relating to man.
The Trinity is a mystery that man cannot understand completely. It must be accepted by faith alone.
Nonsense. God is not the author of confusion.
Quote:
All are not connected to God. Only those who have been born from above are connected to him.
All who love are born of God and know God.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:28 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
I didn't miss it, I disagreed with it.

Same thing. "Us" cannot refer to angles. Angels do not have the power or authority to confuse languages.

Gen 11:5 - The lord came down...
Gen 11:6 - The Lord said...
Gen 11:8 - So the Lord scattered them...
Gen 11:9 - ...there the Lord scattered them ...

Lord does not include angels.
You still missed it.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,666 times
Funny how Omega skipped over my post detailing the Hebrew grammatical details of the passage in question: http://www.city-data.com/forum/45178225-post191.html.

Not surprising in the least. It requires the most modest of competencies in Biblical Hebrew. But I can understand why so many faithful can't be bothered to learn the language of the Word: when English is a chore, well...

Old 08-19-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. God is not the author of confusion.All who love are born of God and know God.
To be born of God and to know Him our love must extend to everyone, not just family and friends. People do no love outside of family and friends, and is it highly unlikely that non-believers love their enemies. It is highly unlikely that they love all of their neighbors.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You still missed it.

Your OPINION has been duly noted and rejected.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Funny how Omega skipped over my post detailing the Hebrew grammatical details of the passage in question: http://www.city-data.com/forum/45178225-post191.html.
Even more funny is you expecting me to respond to something in Hebrew. Post it all in English and I will gladly respond.

Quote:
Not surprising in the least. It requires the most modest of competencies in Biblical Hebrew. But I can understand why so many faithful can't be bothered to learn the language of the Word: when English is a chore, well...
If I can read English all I need a good wordbook on Hebrew and I have one, and the 50+ scholars who wrote it know Hebrew better than you do.

Give me a word you think I don't understand I will exlaine its meaning to you.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Your OPINION has been duly noted and rejected.
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality