Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 12:40 PM

392 posts, read 248,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
this article is more accurate. Perkins, who leads the Family Research Council today,
does not say the flood is God's revenge.

The leftist media wants to portray any pro-traditional family advocate as a nutcase.

Tony Perkins Doesn't Think God Creates Natural Disasters to Punish Gay People Anymore - The Hollywood Gossip
From the article:
"In 2015, the Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins spoke with a Messianic Jewish pastor named Jonathan Cahn.

The latter had previously implied that that Hurricane Joaquin, which caused endless damage t the Bahamas, was a “sign of God’s wrath” against abortion and the Supreme Court’s ruling that legalized same-sex marriage.

Perkins concurred, saying last year that while “those on the Left like to mock these things,” there's no doubt about how “God is trying to send us a message.”'

Isn't a question being asked at the end in the link below?

https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatc...r-gay-marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 12:00 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The pinnacle of irony:

Flood Destroys Home Of Hate Group Leader Who Claims God Sends Natural Disasters To Punish Gays – The Gaily Grind

Those are some serious mental gymnastics! I don't think Gumby could make that stretch!

I think God proved his theory was right in principle but not in intent.

God actually sends natural disasters to destroy the home of hate group leaders. Keep it up, God! You're doing a great job!

Old 08-21-2016, 03:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ummm...I didn't. I said "a lot of far righties". I did not say "Vizio". Your name was not mentioned. Please try reading with comprehension instead of constantly looking for reasons to falsely accuse your fellow posters. Because you are thisclose to lying. Again. Which, according to the book you claim to follow, is a sin.

My post was to illustrate that some people in our country cling to what they believed 50 years ago despite our country being a living, breathing, changing organism.

If, in 50 years, you are still pouting about same-sex marriage rights you will be the 2066 version of segregationists who can't accept the fact black Americans have the right to sit at the lunch counter.
Maybe the haters should take Clint Eastwood's advice and get over it (gay marriage). Or do they think his words of wisdom was for the "enemy" only?

Sorry to hear about the hateful preacher losing his house to the flood. But it is kind of ironic that his own hate-filled message came back to haunt him. He could have "come out of the closet" an easier way.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What hate group? I didn't see any mentioned.
Tony Perkins is President of Family Research Council

Old 08-21-2016, 07:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Maybe the haters should take Clint Eastwood's advice and get over it (gay marriage). Or do they think his words of wisdom was for the "enemy" only?

Sorry to hear about the hateful preacher losing his house to the flood. But it is kind of ironic that his own hate-filled message came back to haunt him. He could have "come out of the closet" an easier way.
I'm still waiting to hear just how same-sex marriage affects the lives of its main detractors: straight, conservative Christian males. They ignore requests to tell us why they are so adamantly opposed to it. Did they get a letter in the mail?

Dear Straight Christians:

Because of same-sex marriage all straight marriages are now null and void. If you have sex with your (former) spouse it will be considered fornication and I will be sending you to hell. If you object to the new policy, you are free to change your sexual orientation (a consideration granted because you are the people who think gays choose to be gay) and marry under the new rules. See you in church!

Sincerely,
God

Old 08-21-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you can demonstrate that he has purposely lied then I would not support such a thing.

Family Research Council

"In a historic study of children raised by homosexual parents, sociologist Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin has overturned the conventional academic wisdom that such children suffer no disadvantages when compared to children raised by their married mother and father. "

Except the study had nothing to do with homosexual parents.. Regnerus himself later admitted that he didn't know the orientation of the parents.

"I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation; I do know about their same-sex relationship behavior. But as far as the findings themselves, I stand behind them." Mark Regnerus

You can say that Perkins himself didn't author the study, but he published it.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing. To them, persecution is us not celebrating the lifestyle.

There is no homosexual lifestyle.
There is no heterosexual lifestyle.
There are just lives.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing. To them, persecution is us not celebrating the lifestyle.

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at. I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl. I also spend a lot of time with friends, I go to church, which I love very much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much enjoy. I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends. I pray often.

That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.
If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:
It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Would you care to point out, what you find so objectionable?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There is no homosexual lifestyle.
There is no heterosexual lifestyle.
There are just lives.
This makes entirely too much sense for fundies to understand.

Can you toss in a little hate, maybe?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:05 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Homophobes are just pissed off because they can't get laid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality