Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 07:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Obviously the FFRF disagrees with your statement. And the school board attorneys obviously understood that the FFRF was right. Two different attorneys, same conclusion.
Just because the hyper-sensative want to spin the Amendment to their agenda doesn't mean they're right...If you would study the history of England and Colonial America, you just might see the reasons for the 1st Amendment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 07:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, and how good is that doing us?...Our gun owner rights are being infringed more and more on a daily basis...
Jesus never owned a gun. Neither did Abraham. Get a sword. Carry rocks.

The founders of this country had muskets. Your right to own a musket is not being infringed upon.

However, they will have to take my Red Rider BB Gun from my cold dead hand.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:45 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,306,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Among the most common ways that people die in the US are car accidents. Gun deaths get a lot more publicity, possibly because of the sensationalism of some of the cases or the outright tragedy involved in others. Children shooting each other accidentally, for instance, is a tragic situation that reporters cover all too often. Children die every day in car accidents, as well, and simply because something isn’t designed specifically to be deadly doesn’t mean that it cannot be so, particularly in the case of automobiles.
Like I said, false equivalence. We don't buy cars to hit things with them. We use them for a real and necessary job, transportation. Get over the NRA propaganda and sniff the real world.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:52 AM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
Aggressive atheists are religious fanatics. Atheism is a religion...they believe in the big nothing...the big cosmic mistake - the big accident. I think they should keep their beliefs to themselves.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:57 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,306,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Aggressive atheists are religious fanatics. Atheism is a religion...they believe in the big nothing...the big cosmic mistake - the big accident. I think they should keep their beliefs to themselves.
Should everybody keep their religion to themselves, or are some animals more equal than others?

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm sure as a more conservative Christian living in a country where both abortion and same sex marriage are legal, you'd agree that the law and morality aren't always the same.

Do you believe a Christian club (or any club, actually) deserves special treatment that other clubs do not get, as was the case in this example?
If the people in a given community WANT it, they are allowed, Constitutionally, to do so. It's a local issue. If you don't like it, you are free to choose not to live in that community.

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post

Aggressive Christians are religious fanatics. Christianity is a religion...they believe in the big something...the big cosmic god- the big plan. I think they should keep their beliefs to themselves.]

See? All better now.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Does the First Reformed Voodoo Church get to hold meetings on that school's grounds?
All they would have to do is ask...If they are denied, then they have a case against the school...I haven't seen anyone post any links that show the FFRF attacking any other religions except Christianity...A school religious club has no nothing to do with seperation of church and state as implied in the First Amendment to the Constitution...The majority of people in America really do not understand the Constitution of the United States very well...They don't even know that it is their right to abolish their government if it starts infringing on their natural rights...Government derives it's powers from the governed...

Here is an interesting quiz to take on the constitution, see how well you know the constitution:
- The U.S. Constitution, Declaration Of Independence And Washington Constitution - ProProfs Quiz

Another interesting tidbit:

The Washington state Constitution says liberties come from:

You might be surprised by the correct answer...

Old 09-04-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jesus never owned a gun. Neither did Abraham. Get a sword. Carry rocks.

The founders of this country had muskets. Your right to own a musket is not being infringed upon.

However, they will have to take my Red Rider BB Gun from my cold dead hand.
It doesn't say muskets, it says "arms"...

Old 09-04-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Like I said, false equivalence. We don't buy cars to hit things with them. We use them for a real and necessary job, transportation. Get over the NRA propaganda and sniff the real world.
Why don't you come into the real world?...I could use either to kill someone...So, what it boils down to is not banning those items, but teaching responsible use of those items...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality