Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

"In the Beginning was the Bible and the Bible was with God and the Bible was God...."

or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 10:37 PM

439 posts, read 345,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"In the Beginning was the Bible and the Bible was with God and the Bible was God...."

or not.
Close. The word can be verbal or written but the word is the Godhead

Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Close. The word can be verbal or written but the word is the Godhead
Yes, it can, but the Bible is not the Word. Don't make that mistake. God did not promise a book and there is good reason for that. Look at what Christianity has done by claiming that book as authority and NOT looking to the Spirit first, using the characteristics of the Spirit as taught by Jesus and Paul in the sermon on the Mount, Cor 13 and Galations 5: thousahds of denominations claiming to have the truth.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:12 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Can you please explain to me the difference between "intolerant" and "whining?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
One is an adjective, the other is a verb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're half right.

I think.
Whining can be a gerund.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, it can, but the Bible is not the Word. Don't make that mistake. God did not promise a book and there is good reason for that. Look at what Christianity has done by claiming that book as authority and NOT looking to the Spirit first, using the characteristics of the Spirit as taught by Jesus and Paul in the sermon on the Mount, Cor 13 and Galations 5: thousahds of denominations claiming to have the truth.
Keep singin' it, nate!

Old 10-14-2017, 08:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
One, 43rd floor at 8:46 a.m.

It may be of interest to know that I am there briefly at some point every day since. The mind is a mystery.
I did not know this and glad I do now. And wow..bless you.
I never have read you 'lecturing' or intolerant , either!
But I do know the meaning of the word 'projection', lol....kettle/pot... And we
are mirrors for each other.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I did not know this and glad I do now. And wow..bless you.
I never have read you 'lecturing' or intolerant , either!
But I do know the meaning of the word 'projection', lol....kettle/pot... And we
are mirrors for each other.
That is funny. I talk about 9/11 enough that I assume it is something everyone knew by now.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
"in the beginning was the bible and the bible was with god and the bible was god...."

or not.
:d

Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Whining can be a gerund.
It's just a dodge in any case.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:01 AM

439 posts, read 345,833 times
Quote:
The problem is you wouldn't know GOD, or even about the spirit, without the book you see. So this is an impossibility. You wouldnt even know WHO God is without the book.

Once it was completed, God no longer directly spoke with man. His plan became using humanity to spread the gospel. People who think the spirit is going to guide them to do anything outside of Gods written word are not wanting to learn who God and his purpose for humanity.

The spirit is great. It guides everyone in scripture. It is what prevents us from sinning more than what we do, having the laws written on our hearts by the holy spirit.

Anyone who rejects Gods word to us is rejecting GOD himself. HE IS his written word to mankind+ the spirit which activates those written words making them real. We may not like what God expects of us in the written word so can pray to anything and say any reply is of GOD. This is what my brother in law who had schizophrenia did. Trust me, what HE thought GOD was telling him was NOT of GOD. I know because I read the bible, his word to me. GODs written word+ the holy spirit is how GOD communicates with us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality