Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 AM

439 posts, read 345,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Whining can be a gerund.
Only when you whine it can be a gerund!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 11:14 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"In the Beginning was the Bible and the Bible was with God and the Bible was God...."
or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Close. The word can be verbal or written but the word is the Godhead
Apparently my post was too long for you to read, but it very clearly and unambiguously identifies the Comforter (Holy Spirit) sent in Christ's name as our GUIDE to the truth God has "written in our hearts " NOT the Bible. The Word is Jesus the Christ and His Holy Spirit as described in 1 Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5. You test NOTHING against the Spirit because you think the Spirit is the Bible. Take some time and actually read my post if you are capable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You stopped too short in John 1, Jeaniee which is why you think the Word is the Bible. It is NOT! Jesus the Christ IS the Word, period.

John 1:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

As nate and I and so many others keep pointing our the Bible only CONTAINS inspirations from God that tell us ABOUT the Word - Jesus the Christ. Jesus revealed the true nature of God by His life and death and in detailed descriptions in 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount. If you want to know what is truly from God and Jesus you test the spirit of everything in the Bible against those descriptions of the Holy Spirit of God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. Anything that is NOT compatible with those descriptions is NOT from God or Jesus.

John 5:37-40 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

37 `And the Father who sent me Himself hath testified concerning me; ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor His appearance have ye seen;
38 and His word ye have not remaining in you, because whom He sent, Him ye do not believe.
39 `Ye search the Writings, because ye think in them to have life age-during, and these are they that are testifying concerning Me;
40 and ye do not will to come unto Me, that ye may have life;

You search the writings (the Bible) thinking they are the Word of God when they just tell us ABOUT the Word of God - Jesus the Christ and you do not use His descriptions of the Holy Spirit of Agape (Who IS God) to know what is and what is NOT from God and Jesus in the writings. The Comforter, the Holy Spirit, is to be our guide NOT the words "written ink" in the Bible. Those words must be tested against the Comforter.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

When you use the whole Bible as if it is the Word of God instead of Jesus, you are incorporating the OT which is under a veil of ignorance (blind minds). The whole Bible is NOT the Word of God, Jesus IS and you must test everything in there against the "mind of Christ" in the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:34 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
The problem is you wouldn't know GOD, or even about the spirit, without the book you see. So this is an impossibility. You wouldnt even know WHO God is without the book.
Are you saying that Abraham -- among others -- didn't know who God was?

Quote:
Once it was completed, God no longer directly spoke with man.
I don't believe that for a minute. God is unchanging. If He communicated with man for thousands of years before the compilation of the Bible (as you and I know it today), why on earth would He suddenly stop? Are we less important to him than people were anciently? Has He lost the ability to communicate with us? Are there no situations today where His direct guidance would not be more relevant than words written in a completely different time and place?

Old 10-14-2017, 11:38 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
The problem is you wouldn't know GOD, or even about the spirit, without the book you see. So this is an impossibility. You wouldnt even know WHO God is without the book.

Once it was completed, God no longer directly spoke with man. His plan became using humanity to spread the gospel. People who think the spirit is going to guide them to do anything outside of Gods written word are not wanting to learn who God and his purpose for humanity.

The spirit is great. It guides everyone in scripture. It is what prevents us from sinning more than what we do, having the laws written on our hearts by the holy spirit.

Anyone who rejects Gods word to us is rejecting GOD himself. HE IS his written word to mankind+ the spirit which activates those written words making them real. We may not like what God expects of us in the written word so can pray to anything and say any reply is of GOD. This is what my brother in law who had schizophrenia did. Trust me, what HE thought GOD was telling him was NOT of GOD. I know because I read the bible, his word to me. GODs written word+ the holy spirit is how GOD communicates with us
Your "problem" is no problem at all. No one is saying that the book should be discarded, but that it should not be used for what it was never intended AND for what it is not qualified nor promised to be.

The rest of your post is just doctrines of men to excuse their subordination of the Spirit NOT to the Bible, but to THEIR INTERPRETATIONS of the Bible.

If they REALLY followed the Spirit, their perceptions of the meaning of the Bible would reflect the nature of the Spirit as taught and demonstrated by Jesus and there would be no conflict.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:48 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:

Once it was completed, God no longer directly spoke with man. His plan became using humanity to spread the gospel. People who think the spirit is going to guide them to do anything outside of Gods written word are not wanting to learn who God and his purpose for humanity.

The spirit is great. It guides everyone in scripture. It is what prevents us from sinning more than what we do, having the laws written on our hearts by the holy spirit.

Anyone who rejects Gods word to us is rejecting GOD himself. HE IS his written word to mankind+ the spirit which activates those written words making them real. We may not like what God expects of us in the written word so can pray to anything and say any reply is of GOD. This is what my brother in law who had schizophrenia did. Trust me, what HE thought GOD was telling him was NOT of GOD. I know because I read the bible, his word to me. GODs written word+ the holy spirit is how GOD communicates with us
This is your fervent belief. That being said, what makes you believe that the bible is the guide that your god actually influenced? How did you come about to believe this?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You stopped too short in John 1, Jeaniee which is why you think the Word is the Bible. It is NOT! Jesus the Christ IS the Word, period.
John 1:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ IS GOD. GOD in the flesh during his short time on earth. GOD IS SPIRIT comprised of 3 spirit entities. Otherwise the first 5 words of your verses here make no sense

Actually Really read what you posted a few times. The first 5 words.

And the WORD was made flesh

My question is, before the word was made flesh.... what was the word prior to that?

My question is, before the word was made flesh, what was the word prior to that?

Answer: The word was GOD Jesus is GOD. Jesus was GOD, always will be. He is eternal, he was a spirit before turning into flesh to come down and save us. GOD created us, birthed us into a death state. Only GOD can fix that coming down in the flesh himself to save us. Jesus IS God.
GOD IS JESUS

Now the diety of Christ is often what the CULTS go after. Cults don't like the first 5 words you posted.

Next verse- GOD (made up of 3 spirit entities) became flesh and dwelt among us.

Again, I am only breaking down the first five words because you cannot understand the rest without understanding the context.And this is a salvation issue so I cannot make you understand. GOD must
Quote:
As nate and I and so many others keep pointing our the Bible only CONTAINS inspirations from God that tell us ABOUT the Word - Jesus the Christ.
We just established that JESUS is GOD. GOD is JESUS. THEY ARE ONE SPIRIT encompassing 3 entities.

The bible "doesn't only CONTAINS inspirations about JESUS" aka GOD himself. Remember, they are one spirit entity
"I and the father are One" John 10:30

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4

How does the Word of GOD come alive?? Just as our first parents came alive. He breathed into his nostrils the breathe of life (Adam/Eve)

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Gen 2:7

You have to understand GOD is a SPIRIT. This SPIRIT makes up 3 entities. GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON, and GOD the holy spirit. THey are ONE. This ONE spirit, broke off part of His nature and turned it into flesh to save us. Reconcile us back with him. WHY??? Because this spirit created us with a disease which decomposes our body until we die.He wants to breathe life into us again to reconcile us with him, our father. Where we belong. With our eternal family. God placed Adam and Even in the garden to live forever except they sinned, the only sin possible as there was only one law in the garden at the time "DO NOT eat of the tree in the middle.." . GOD is spirit making up 3 entities. He broke off one part of his spirit to turn it into flesh to walk among his own, his own people. As a living sacrifice there to atone for their sins. To bring us home with him

GOD is responsible for bringing us into the world with this sin nature, this disease. He is the ONLY one (one in 3 entities) who can fix this by making us alive again. By using the WORD, GOD breathe life into us, eternal life, using his word which comes alive. It pierces the soul. It is active. This book, GODS WORD comes alive inside us. IT is his written words, similar to his audio would would be, similar to his telepathic would would be. HIm meaning GOD the Father, God the son and the holy ghost. It is not just a book containing inspirations about just a portion of his spirit (jesus). God is a HUGE spirit comprised of 3 distinct entities.. This is something very advanced revealed to those who belong to him. Who find his word more than a book similar to chicken soup for the soul, with just various "inspirations"

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4

Last edited by Jeaniee; 10-14-2017 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM

GOD IS SPIRIT
Comprised if God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Ghost

There can be various names applied to each of these three distinct entities which comprise one SPIRIT.

Most common is Jesus Christ. Known for only a sliver of his life when Jesus Christ the spirit became flesh, and dwelt among us to pay our penalty so we don't get the death chair per se

Jesus being part GOD is also responsible for creating us.

Jesus has and always will be spirit, except for that short trip to save our souls. He kept his diety as GOD & The holy spirit but became flesh a very short time, for our sakes

During this trip to save us, Jesus was made LOWER than the angels.(Hebrews 2) So he can experience everything we do, hurt pain, temptation, sickness, etc....but once he rose as a spirit being, he went back to being the ONE spirit as part of the TRIune God which includes the holy ghost.

Everything else was created by him and thru him. Such as humans, angels, animals and the solar system.
Jesus was not a created being,he kept his diety on earth so he could remain a part of the GODHEAD

For the record, Jesus never morphed into an angel at any time

Angels are created beings.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Jeaniee, you keep conflating the Word and the Bible and they are NOT an identity. You have shown nothing but doctrines of men that say so and will NOT look at all the problems that idea has created. God is not the author of such confusion.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
God is not the author of such confusion.
Well, isn't that a brilliant statement. Confusion with contradiction... Bravo.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
My question is, before the word was made flesh.... what was the word prior to that?
Now, that is a question you could sink your teeth into! Good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality