Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2019, 12:15 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,100,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
at its best, sex is an exchange of love and energy and euphoria.

if theres a heaven, its probably better than that. you can probably exchange the same love and energy and euphoria just by looking into the eyes of someone you care about deeply enough.

theres no point in people rejecting each other there. im agnostic, but im pretty sure the physical world pales in comparison if there really is a heaven. consider how much it means to hold hands with someone you love deeply, then multiply that by whatever it takes to understand the possibilities in a world that is infinite. if there is a heaven, we are going to feel very silly about the stock we put in a very mediocre world, and wonder why we didnt all do more to make it more heavenly. not just physically, but in every other way as well. most of humanity, not any particular group, really squanders creation in that regard.
You talking about this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67DN3uvwXkE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 12:41 PM

18,254 posts, read 16,961,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Speaking as one who …
A. has been pretty much "meh" about earthly sex and

B. would love to "merge" with a couple of individuals she never got to meet in this
life but to whom she's been drawn to for whatever reason, and

C. figures she'll appreciate sex more on the Other Side of the Veil than on this
one …
… the above quoted post is the best news I've heard in a long while.

Thank you, thrillobyte!

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
... yeah but remember, there is no sex in the Christian heaven.

All the more reason to get out of it!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, most definitely.

Hundreds of people who have had "veridical" NDE's (look the word up) say that after death they retained their gender, their sex equipment, their looks, even their personalities. That would include sexual orientation (sexual preferences) and emotions (the desire to have sex and/or make love). Now we all have spirits, else how do people have NDE's that are veridical? So how were those spirits created? Well, by two spirits in the afterlife who have spiritual copulation and give birth to a baby spirit that is immediately implanted in a baby just born. In this way we who elect to choose a mate in the afterlife (one we never fight with, by the way ), as opposed to those who prefer to just remain "singles", will have gigantic families for eternity when all these billions of spirits are reunited--enough for each family to populate one each of the trillions of galaxies in the universe. So those who had the bad fortune to be single not by choice but by circumstances beyond their control and/or never had children and regretted it painfully will have their second chance in the next life to fulfill everything they missed out on in this crummy earthly life.

Me too. To hell with this "mingly" thing. I want to do it the old fashioned way or not at all. And I think because we keep all our external sex organs I believe this will be "physically" possible in an astral body. I believe the spiritual semen that is released into the female lights her up and makes her glow like a Christmas tree and she experiences orgasm a thousand times greater than a measly earthly orgasm.. In this way two spirits can have sex for eternity without getting tired of it.

There's only one wrinkle in this whole thing and that is.....if we're all exactly the same in the afterlife as we are here except minus a corporeal body in exchange for an astral one, then the girl or guy who rejected you here is most probably going to reject you there, especially if s/he went on to find the girl/guy of their dreams on earth and planned on being with them in the afterlife. But the good news is that like attracts like over there so you will be surrounded by people just like you and there HAS to be someone desirable among such a gigantic selection, right?

So all you "nice" guys who finished last and got the gate in life will end up a winner after all.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:00 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,100,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There's only one wrinkle in this whole thing and that is.....if we're all exactly the same in the afterlife as we are here except minus a corporeal body in exchange for an astral one, then the girl or guy who rejected you here is most probably going to reject you there, especially if s/he went on to find the girl/guy of their dreams on earth and planned on being with them in the afterlife. But the good news is that like attracts like over there so you will be surrounded by people just like you and there HAS to be someone desirable among such a gigantic selection, right?

So all you "nice" guys who finished last and got the gate in life will end up a winner after all.
But you are in heaven right?
You can also ask for a more obedient cloned copy of the guy/girl who rejected you.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Quote:
And you don’t want that, ever?
I'm sorry, I missed this post.
It's not a matter of not wanting that...it's a matter of wanting way way way more...my sights are set
much, much, much, much, much higher than human intimacy, romantic lovemaking, the love
between 2 souls climaxing in a few seconds of physical orgasm/bliss/ecstasy.

Is there more than that? OH my God. yes...and have experienced it many times personally.
(Rem...I'm the one that can sit for 3-6 hours in meditation/stillness - 47 yrs now....things happen.
Those that have never given the time to silently sitting and going within can't really imagine...
an NDEr would get it! It's another realm.)

That's why I said you humans set your sights so low...and then, that's what you'll get on the Other Side...
the mediocre meadow...meeting your loved ones and your pets...then what?
You bozos...you just want sex? Lol...

Old 03-11-2019, 02:24 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,607,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You are one lucky guy, norm.
We were that good.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We were that good.
Well, close your eyes... be still for a long while, keep the thoughts of those moments, your memory and imagination can take you there again. xo

Old 03-11-2019, 04:10 PM

855 posts, read 626,002 times
Quote:
... yeah but remember, there is no sex in the Christian heaven.
Assuming it exists.

If so, I'm not aiming for that particular one.

-

Old 03-11-2019, 04:18 PM

388 posts, read 201,645 times
Quote:
You talking about this??
no, i watched that years ago and despite my affinity for sandra bullock, i felt exactly the same way stallone did about that. "wth?"

but in the physical world, we communicate by words, sounds, motions-- and touch. we might well do in heaven, though i suspect the need will be reduced-- or made somewhat redundant. maybe we will speak with our mouths, maybe we will be able to think out loud. it is an infinite world with a lot of possibilities to say the very least-- wherever your beliefs have not already written them off.

Quote:
However, you haven't answered question posted earlier, does sex happen in the Jewish heaven?
the jewish treatment of heaven is broadly that heaven is mostly irrelevant.

it is among other things-- perfect knowledge. if you lived a good life, a perfect knowledge is heaven. if you lived as a terrible person, you will have knowledge of the pain you brought. but the point is this life, less the next one.

the emphasis on the heaven/hell dichotomy vs. living a good life we can thank saul for, bringing his obsession with persian mythology into mainstream christianity. thanks A LOT, saul! but i liked 1 corinthians.

Last edited by dynamicjson; 03-11-2019 at 04:26 PM..

Old 03-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
But you are in heaven right?
You can also ask for a more obedient cloned copy of the guy/girl who rejected you.

That's my plan. The girl that got away in high school was Mormon and had 7 kids up in Utah (sigh). She's married to her husband “for time and for all eternity” according to their Celestial Contract so that leaves me out in the cold.

That's why I plan to do exactly what you propose: secure an obedient clone of her first thing I arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality