Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 07:48 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I usually think of it as 35. But yes, it is exactly where 35 intersects Mcallister fwy.
...so we were neighbors. Small world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 07:54 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...so we were neighbors. Small world.
Yes, it's very interesting. The way I see it, you picked up on the shooter's thoughts, and then your mind formulated a mental image of what was likely going to happen.

The strange thing for me is, I find it hard to believe we were only a few hundred yards away. There was no panic where we were. I just think that we got word that the parade was shutting down because of what happened. We were just casual and joking around still. They may have even caught the shooter quickly, I can't remember. But I don't remember any feeling of danger when we were leaving. It was more like, it's time to go home now.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:25 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
What we went through that day was supernatural to us Freak80.
Doesn’t that seem a little vain?

I’m generally not a fan of “Alt Right” memes, but I think the term “special snowflake” applies to those who think that their unusual experiences make them “special” or “chosen.”

Old 04-01-2018, 09:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

I’m generally not a fan of “Alt Right” memes, but I think the term “special snowflake” applies to those who think that their unusual experiences make them “special” or “chosen.”
Are you even aware of what happened that day in 1979 in San Antonio? I just looked up some videos. The entire shooting ordeal lasted 30 minutes. Two people died and many children were injured. Pretty disturbing. Regardless of what you think he experienced, it's not the kind of thing that should be belittled by anyone.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Are you even aware of what happened that day in 1979 in San Antonio? I just looked up some videos. The entire shooting ordeal lasted 30 minutes. Two people died and many children were injured. Pretty disturbing. Regardless of what you think he experienced, it's not the kind of thing that should be belittled by anyone.
So the people who are victims of tragedies weren’t “special” enough to be saved by supernatural forces?

The utter selfishness of religious people never ceases to amaze me. “Who cares if a thousand people died, I survived, God is so great!”

It’s really pretty sick, don’t you think?

Old 04-01-2018, 10:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
On April 27, 1979...standing at the corner of Broadway and Grayson with my Mom, my sister, and three brothers waiting for the Battle of Flowers parade to start, I was leaning against an RV close to an open window with the curtain blowing back and forth with a light but hot and humid breeze. My sister was complaining about the heat, and where we should sit. Still leaning against the RV next to the open window watching my sister yap in my Mom's ear, I saw heat coming off the top of her head...it was about 105 degrees outside. Suddenly her hair stood up from static electricity, and I went into a trance. While in this trance I saw people running around and screaming and there was blood everywhere. I saw myself standing on the other side of the street looking back at myself leaning against the RV. I saw flashes coming from the window.
When I came to everyone was staring at me...and looking at my sister I could still see heat coming off the top of her head and I said, "What if there was a sniper here and started picking people off?"
My sister screamed at me, and then yelled at our Mom saying, "We're moving down the street!"
So we crossed Broadway and walked North on the West side of the street about 1/2 a block, found some chairs, and sat down. About 30 minutes later Ira Attebury started firing shots from the open window of his RV and hurting and killing people.
My sister was angry with me for some time after that...as if the whole thing was my doing.
My Mom talked with all of us saying that God used me for that moment to save us all alive...and pointed out that that lunatic heard every word I said, and that God was offering him a chance to not do what he was about to do.
Supernatural? Absolutely!
Supernatural? Everything has an explanation, many things we are as of yet not equipped to explain. Could have been unconscious psychology (perhaps you picked on on some few words the manic said beforehand and then your brain kicked up gears to best prepare for the situation (like is common with dreams)), could have been an extra-sensory perception (I mean look at how t.v.s can work), could have been sheer coincidence since it was such a hellishly hot day (did the shooter even plan this?), could literally be a million other explainable things (rather than the Heavens infringing on your "free-will" but not other people's).

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-01-2018 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-01-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:

It seems a little vain to you. I never thought that what me and my family experienced that day made us special or chosen. You wanted to know...so I shared one experience with you. There are many others...but I "chose" that one. Don't you feel "special?"

Old 04-01-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, correct understanding of Scripture but not an inspired understanding in the sense of direct revelation. Inspired can mean God has aided someone to understand His words, but that does not make the recipient of this aid a special person to others.

True but fulfills scripture that said false teachers would come into the church and corrupt it.

I have made no such claim as a basis for anything. My claim is simple; God does not speak directly to anyone today nor "inspires" them as he did say Ezekiel or the Apostle John.
They predicted that the same thing that happened to other religions would happen to it? Did they predict that the same wars and rumors always going around would keep going around? Did they predict that those who seek something (to be persecuted) will find something (persecution)? Did they predict that venom and poison would not kill a true believer? Did they predict that true believers would be hard to find?

Old 04-01-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
So the people who are victims of tragedies weren’t “special” enough to be saved by supernatural forces?

The utter selfishness of religious people never ceases to amaze me. “Who cares if a thousand people died, I survived, God is so great!”

It’s really pretty sick, don’t you think?
But they are saved Freak80.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
But they are saved Freak80.
saved from Yahweh's maintained hell? Or from the shooter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality