Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Taking God out of the picture (purely for argument's sake because I believe in God ), I don't see how anyone can read the Bible and not see how this stuff is playing out. California wildfires? Coincidence? I think not. I'm not sure what's going to happen exactly, but the Americas have to be the last stop on this train. There is no more land to populate. Unless you count Antarctica. A possibility I suppose, but I can't visualize how it's supposed to work.
What an Ameri-centric viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:14 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have a question:

"so what color is the kettle anyway?"

Old 11-21-2018, 09:39 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Is it? Care to give me a crash course in human migration patterns?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:49 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Taking God out of the picture (purely for argument's sake because I believe in God ), I don't see how anyone can read the Bible and not see how this stuff is playing out. California wildfires? Coincidence? I think not. I'm not sure what's going to happen exactly, but the Americas have to be the last stop on this train. There is no more land to populate. Unless you count Antarctica. A possibility I suppose, but I can't visualize how it's supposed to work.
Things like this happen all the time.
War, famine, plague, earthquakes. It is not difficult to predict things that always happen.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:02 AM

They have not happened on this scale. This administration is America's final warning. Unfortunately most of us do not learn from the past. We have a whole Bible telling us what other civilizations went through and instead of looking at is as the guide that it is, we want to focus on whether Adam and Eve were real people. Does it matter? I was able to come up with a calendar using passages from Enoch. None of the names of the seasons in the book are names I recognized. In fact, I found the names confusing as hell. Then I realized the names weren't important. I was supposed to focus on what was being described. Then I found that what was being described could be observed in reality, and that's when I understood how to make the calendar. Reality and nature then served as the "witness" to the text's truth. Because what was written could be observed in nature.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:40 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
They have not happened on this scale.
Not since the two world wars. Or the black plague. Etc, etc ...

Quote:
This administration is America's final warning. Unfortunately most of us do not learn from the past.
You certainly have not.

Quote:
We have a whole Bible telling us what other civilizations went through and instead of looking at is as the guide that it is, we want to focus on whether Adam and Eve were real people.
So you want to bring slavery back.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Nice efforts to bait me. Not going to work. Your response tells me you really have nothing substantive to add to the conversation. Anyone alive today knows we haven't seen natural disasters of this magnitude in our lifetime. Wars are manmade. God's judgment comes in the form of calamities. Why? Because God wants to show man that his firepower is no match for His.

Our arms are too short to box with God.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Nice efforts to bait me. Not going to work. Your response tells me you really have nothing substantive to add to the conversation. Anyone alive today knows we haven't seen natural disasters of this magnitude in our lifetime. Wars are manmade. God's judgment comes in the form of calamities. Why? Because God wants to show man that his firepower is no match for His.

What colour are the moons in your world?

Old 11-21-2018, 01:33 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:

I have bolded the key phrase in your post. Read it, and then think about it. Maybe you will see your error in thinking.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:59 PM

You all are attacking me, but you haven't refuted what I said. Prove to me that disasters like the California wildfires, Katrina, the Haitian earthquakes and other recent disasters have happened in our lifetime. As in, everyone who is currently alive. This should be easy. The facts should be readily available. Post the evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality