Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 08:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Moronic bible idolators certainly aid the atheist cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 08:51 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why even have this thread? All I see here is that you have built up a chest full of animosity against Christianity based solely on personal experiences with other people instead of sincerely asking God to reveal himself. You already wrote the Bible off as fairy tales so your mind is already made up. No amount of evidence will change that perception. I believe atheists who have reached this stage have no hope of changing unless they have a supernatural experience with God.
Ha, this straw man atheist gambit. Again.

Our minds are made up because you have provided no good evidence for your religion.

Do not blame us for your failure here.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Why even have this thread? All I see here is that you have built up a chest full of animosity against Christianity based solely on personal experiences with other people instead of sincerely asking God to reveal himself. You already wrote the Bible off as fairy tales so your mind is already made up. No amount of evidence will change that perception. I believe atheists who have reached this stage have no hope of changing unless they have a supernatural experience with God.
Amazing. First you ask why even have this thread. Then you pull out the old you have no evidence blather. There is no evidence.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't think they just "aid" it. I think they are the most effective tool there is against christianity. When your product is slipping, slipping, slipping, there's usually one of two reasons for that (or both) -- you've either got a bad product or a bad sales pitch. Companies that instead blame the consumer usually go out of business.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Your ignorance of Christianity causes you to continue to shooting yo9urself in the head. Ignorance and extreme bias are not good partners to knowing the truth.

Last edited by omega2xx; 06-27-2018 at 09:38 AM..

Old 06-27-2018, 09:36 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Ha, this straw man atheist gambit. Again.

Our minds are made up because you have provided no good evidence for your religion.

Do not blame us for your failure here.

WE have provided more evidence for our religion than you have for yours. Your problem or one of them is you are unable to understand the Bible.

I want to personally thank you for proving the accuracy of one verse in the Bible---I Cor 2:14

Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Wouldn't a supernatural experience with God be a good reason for believing?

And even having a supernatural experience with a God that would not mean believing that the Bible has validity, certainly would not mean one would need to believe the Bible is the literal word of God. The majority of people in the World do not accept your view of the Bible, a personal experience may not lead a person to that either.

Remember that you will not accept any evidence that goes against your stringy held beliefs, even if presented by another Christian.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:02 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
WE have provided more evidence for our religion than you have for yours. Your problem or one of them is you are unable to understand the Bible.
Shush, Pinocchio, Jesus could NOT have been born twice while never being on earth.

Quote:
I want to personally thank you for proving the accuracy of one verse in the Bible---I Cor 2:14
Oh dear. ALL cults have similar sayings to make the victims, sorry, followers, feel good about themselves.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Accurate translation...your links will not provide any verifiable evidence.

Why didnt you cut and paste some evidence they offered? Because they did not offer any. Be the hero and prove me wrong. If someone challenged me like that I would cut and paste something immediately.
i don't work like that omega, I only do how the universe works. I layout all the observations we have, I even include your book if you like. Then I assign weights to each observations based on its supporting evidence. Then I come up with a unifying theory that logically encapsulates what we see.

claims that offer explanation, mechanism, and make predictions are more valid than those that don't. Denying everything is not logical nor is it science. I am not anti-religions so I don't have to warp observations to fit my personal agenda.

The observations do not lead to a literal christian narrative.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:36 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
While that is one of the more difficult passages to reconcile. it is not impossible when one has an omnipotent God.

Start with Joshua 10:12. Joshua asking the sun to stand still indicates he did not know about the rotation of the earth. The Catholics made the same mistake years later. So instead of Giving Joshua a lesson in astronomy, He did what Joshua would understand. Let me give you some food for thought, knowing you will reject it.

The phrase in v13, about the sun not hastening to go down indicates there was a slowdown of the rotation, making that day longer than 24 hours. Since God created the heavens and the earth and the sun, moon and starts, He certainly has the power to control the rotation of the earth and to keep things from burning up.
Anything becomes "possible" when one claims to have access to omnipotence. Including flying reindeer, flying blue monkeys and flying reanimated corpses. Conspicuously, no flying reindeer, flying blue monkeys or flying reanimated corpses are ever actually discovered, however. Such things are relegated to the realm of make believe. Make believe is what gives superman his super powers, and allows Harry Potter to play quidditch. These things could be true of course, if God choose to make it so. Because God is only limited by the imagination of those who imagine that God exists.

The point here of course is that the Bible contains various claims that defy all common observation, common experience and common sense. Make believe does not serve to make such claims believable. And make believe certainly does not serve to make unrealistic claims true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality