Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 04:05 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,267,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
My second wife was from a family of merchants in Belarus for many generations. They had a policy of never dealing with Jewish people. Why? They were Gentiles.

Jewish peoples have their own laws and customs in their groups. Some of these are not conducive to good relations with other groups. Example. If a Jewish manufacturer has 2 contracts to fulfill, one to a fellow Jew and the other to a Gentile the manufacturer is obligated to fulfill the obligation to the fellow Jew BEFORE the Gentile. This applies under ANY condition and ANY obligation. Including payments of debts.

Would you like to do business with people who thought like that?

There's many more things out there if you dig.

It seems to me that Jewish people bring a lot of the hatred on themselves for whatever reason.
You seem to be an expert of Jewish law. I'd like to learn these laws you refer to. Could you please recommend a book of Jewish laws which lays out these laws as you present them? Thanks.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Isn't this more or less what the Protocols spells out?
what "Protocols"? (if I may ask)

Old 11-10-2018, 04:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
You seem to be an expert of Jewish law. I'd like to learn these laws you refer to. Could you please recommend a book of Jewish laws which lays out these laws as you present them? Thanks.
No. I'm not an expert on any religious law, Jewish or otherwise. I have however read many books about history in eastern Europe and other places. Some of that material was not approved by Western sensors so I guess I'm guilty of something.

The instance concerning my wifes family was told to me by my wife through her father one night while we were at dinner. I distinctly remember the conversation even though it almost 18 years ago. I have since found other little juicy bits that show me a pattern throughout history of behavior by some Jewish people that often does not endear them to their neighbors.

Really. Look at Israel. It's a terrorist country IMO. They bombed the USS Liberty and it was not a mistake. I've seen videos of Zionists doing things to Palastinians that say nothing else to me.

Are you an expert on Jewish law? If you are then you prove me wrong.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
No. I'm not an expert on any religious law, Jewish or otherwise. I have however read many books about history in eastern Europe and other places. Some of that material was not approved by Western sensors so I guess I'm guilty of something.

The instance concerning my wifes family was told to me by my wife through her father one night while we were at dinner. I distinctly remember the conversation even though it almost 18 years ago. I have since found other little juicy bits that show me a pattern throughout history of behavior by some Jewish people that often does not endear them to their neighbors.

Really. Look at Israel. It's a terrorist country IMO. They bombed the USS Liberty and it was not a mistake. I've seen videos of Zionists doing things to Palastinians that say nothing else to me.

I never claimed to be an expert on Jewish law. You made a positive claim about the law and I assumed that you wouldn't make such a claim without the ability to substantiate it with actual proof. I see I was wrong and that you are simply parroting what someone passed along as hearsay 18 years ago. That's fine. Thank you for clarifying your position and lack of expertise as you make unsupported claims. It does help when assessing the potential validity of other things you write.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:13 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,640 times
Quote:
Isn't this more or less what the Protocols spells out?
Quote:
what "Protocols"? (if I may ask)
Quote:
The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is a fabricated booklet written by Mathieu Golovinski, a French-Russian Okhrana operative. It purports to detail the agenda for a Jewish conspiracy to take over the world, including how to control the media, the banks, and the government. The Protocols have been the basis for innumerable anti-Semitic tracts throughout the 20th and 21st centuries, most notably Henry Ford's The International Jew and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf. The Nazis heavily promoted the booklet to justify oppression of the Jews and the Holocaust.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Pr...Elders_of_Zion

Its well-documented forgery is no deterrent to the crackpots who peddle it and/or rationalize it.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
so he is citing a fabrication?

Old 11-10-2018, 05:22 PM

23,170 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:

Lol, the League of Nations allotted Israel the land between the Nile and the Ephrates and they have given up piece after piece until they have less than 1 percent, and because they wont give all of it back, they are terrorists?

This is why there is so much Anti Semitism, people can't even admit what is and what has been.....

Old 11-10-2018, 05:38 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
so he is citing a fabrication?
Look back at this thread. Someone else brought that book up first.

Regarding this thread, that book is pertinent because much of the hatred of Jews today comes from that book (in addition to other reasons).

Are you telling me (as a Jew, as I believe you have indicated you are) you had never heard of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

Old 11-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Look back at this thread. Someone else brought that book up first.

Regarding this thread, that book is pertinent because much of the hatred of Jews today comes from that book (in addition to other reasons).

Are you telling me (as a Jew, as I believe you have indicated you are) you had never heard of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?
Oh, I have heard of it, and its actual origin. I just couldn't believe that in this day and age, anyone was citing it.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:53 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Regarding baptisms for the dead, you are evidently clueless as to how this works.
Ah the old "Call someone clueless and run away without actually rebutting them in any way" move. Nothing to see here then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
(we're not supposed to do so for anyone other than our own ancestors, even though some people, unfortunately, disregard this directive)
Ah so I am not clueless after all - given people are doing _exactly_ what I was talking about. There are indeed people of that religion going around performing baptisms on people who are not around to actually protest it.

However in your rush to lash out at me with a one liner that did not actually explain your position - you missed the point of mine. Which is that any claim over - or uninvited ministrations over - people outside your group who never asked for it is _always_ going to generate ire from some people.

Whether it is Catholics changing their own Canon Law to prevent people formally defecting - or Mormons going around performing rituals or minstrations on the deceased who never invited it - or Jews claiming other people to be Jews based on their parentage - this is going to cause ire in some people somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You really don’t know what you are talking about, the maternally passed Jewishness is in the Torah, Halacha is based off of what is written in the Torah...
Well at least you have moved on from misinterpretating the censorship issue. However once again it is _you_ not me who does not know what they are talking about because once again there are Jews and other people who simply do not agree with that position.

You are talking about _one_ position on the matter and then running around acting like it is the de facto correct, or only, position on the matter. A move that only suggests you - and no one else but you - are the one not knowing what you are talking about.

I repeat - since you thing ignoring it makes it not true - Go talk to someone of Karaite Judaism sometime for example. While some have also changed halakhic requirements so that a child of any Jewish parent - regardless of gender - can claim a Jewish identity.

And - more importantly I feel - such a child who does not claim Jewish identity under this reform is considered to have forfeited his/her Jewish identity.

So this need to claim people as Jewish who do not claim it themselves - or who claim it is only and solely maternal in nature - are not the sole and only opinion or approach out there. So let us stop pretending they are. Or - as I said - go talk to some Karaite Judaism followers and tell _them_they do not know what they are talking about. Since you appear to think you know their position better than they know it themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality