Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:35 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Teen pregnancy rates are down yet another 9% in the past year alone, for a total of a 55% decrease in the past 30 years. Oh nice going, atheists. Jerks!
The thread is about suicide, not teen pregnancy. Typical lame tactic though. When you can't face facts, you deflect to something else or just launch into personal attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The thread is about suicide, not teen pregnancy. Typical lame tactic though. When you can't face facts, you deflect to something else or just launch into personal attacks.
I'm sorry. As soon as you submit any data linking suicide to atheism, I'll start taking the thread seriously.

I also would like to apologize for those personal attacks...I'm very sorry, atheists. I was just kidding. (I mean I sure didn't make anyone else personally so I'm assuming that's who you meant, Jeff.)

Old 11-29-2018, 08:13 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I just saved 10% on my car insurance...nice going atheists

Old 11-29-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This thread is NOT about car insurance! Please refrain from personal attacks! Well, unless they're against atheists. Like in the thread title.

#themoreyouknow

p.s. I don't know much about apologetics, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:07 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
A serious question in regards to this, is saving people's lives in a disaster maybe going against God's wishes as he was trying to prevent them further hardships? Are those suicides you speak about not God's way of allowing people to escape current or future hardships?

I am serious, I don't understand what you are suggesting.
So God was “TRYING” something and some human prevented what God wished?

LOL at the irony, when you said you are serious.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:26 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
An alarming trend was revealed yesterday. Despite medical advances and lower deaths by heart disease and cancer, the US life expectancy dropped after years and years of going up. Suicide is a big part of the problem, and the suicide rate has now hit a 50 year high.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/us-s...xpectancy.html

This is the world atheism and secularism as created. More division, more hopeless, more conflict, less tolerance and less empathy. People have bought into the lie that there is no God, and no purpose to live. We are merely souless flesh and bone here to consume resources then die and rot. The vast majority of us will be completely forgotten from the next generations that get their turn at living.

And the research has shown a direct link between atheism and suicide.

https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi...jp.161.12.2303

That's the bed you made, so now you can get to lie in it. It is just sad that atheists dedicate so much time out of the few short decades we get in life into tearing down an institution that gives hope and healing to the masses.
Well since you're into the blame game, thank you jeffbase40 for the death and destruction in the Middle East for the last century.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So God was “TRYING” something and some human prevented what God wished?

LOL at the irony, when you said you are serious.
This IS news.

I'm going to try to be a billionaire against God's wishes.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:34 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
You can't handle straight up facts so you have to resort to straight up mockery. Nice going.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
If Jesus rescues us from one danger, He is only delaying the inevitable. Our time here is brief,regardless. Who knows, the Christians who died in those disasters may have faced great personal hardships in other forms if they had lived.
So are you personally praying for a natural disaster to take your life because otherwise you might face greater personal hardships in other forms if you lived?

Old 11-29-2018, 09:52 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Teen pregnancy rates are down yet another 9% in the past year alone, for a total of a 55% decrease in the past 30 years. Oh nice going, atheists. Jerks!
Cheaper to drive, and backseat sex is less risky?

Damn you atheists for taking the excitement and thrill out of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality