Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 03:45 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think you should stop insulting posters you disagree with. It's getting monotonous.
It is all he has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
IMO, to create equilibrium within 50 AU of sun, seems to require some unimagineable amount of intelligence and an unimagineable amount of force to be applied with an unimagineable precision.
The more complex you make your god, the more improbable it becomes. You have just argued your version of your god is most unlikely. Unimaginable.

Quote:
For example, a slight change in the 23.5 angle, and life is perhaps over on earth.
So how did this happen? This equilibrium was put in action by who or what? Or it formed by itself? I ask this because we know that 50AU of sun didn’t exist before the Big Bang.
We are here because the conditions allow us to be here. the hole is not designed for the puddle, but the puddle forms because the hole allows it to.

Quote:
If this equilibrium was created and put in effect on a random chance then,
Here is a small experiment I would like you do for me.

Get a small empty bucket and go out to your driveway.
Collect a few small rocks and put them together to form the alphabets to spell your name.
Take a photo of your name made by that rock formation so you have an evidence.

Now put all the rocks in a bucket, and toss them high in their, and see if they land on the driveway by forming your name again?
So you did not understand the snowflake example.

Quote:
If no, then look at the design and motion of the astronomical rocks, that we call stars and planets, within the 50AU of sun, and ask yourself that how such a design on astronomical scale can form by chance when the landing rocks don’t form your name by chance?
Names = complex and very specific. Stars and planets = not as complex, nowhere near as specific.

Quote:
Second question.
Please enlighten us with your scientific work and formulae/calculations where you calculated, complexity vs volume ratio in a common cell and compared that to the biosphere's ratio. And you noticed that the calculation matches better with life than any other non living thing you know.

And frankly speaking, I am not aware of any term called “Biosphere Ratio”. So let’s start with a short and precise explanation of that and then move on to the actual question 2 and 1
Preferably in the science section, where it belongs.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What enables evolution to be possible, Arq? What is the source of everything about our reality that you take for granted as a given?
Innate physical laws of matter.

Please don't say "Who made dem laws, anyway?"

Quote:
I have long ago realized that you do NOT engage in philosophic thinking so I am not surprised that you think a simple definition of the process involved in evolution answers the much deeper question I asked. It is vague to you because you are unaccustomed to contemplating the deeper issues that involve what we otherwise take for granted about our reality. For you, our reality is what it is and you do not trouble yourself with questions about why or how it is as it is. Arq at least seems to try to do so but he is not comfortable with it and has no real facility with such thinking.
Matadora deals in what science can verify. You can deal with investing Faith in speculations. Just don't expect the rest of us to buy it.

Quote:
That you consider this post insulting reveals an inappropriate understanding of insults. There are far too many of you in here who make a habit of seeing insults where there are none, I suspect deliberately.
You are simply leaping on that for some material to brandish at your opposition, as you have damn' little else.

I am used to your haughty and deprecating tone - (some of which we see above with you peeing on my mental capacity) and which as a damage -limitation exercise, you have in the past semi apologised for - but others can see it as insulting, and you should recognise that it is with some reason.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-28-2019 at 04:30 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 04:23 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
That you consider this post insulting reveals an inappropriate understanding of insults. There are far too many of you in here who make a habit of seeing insults where there are none, I suspect deliberately.
Perhaps, if many people are seeing insults, there may be a reason that they do.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
So two separate discussions here.

First: (somewhat scientific and philosophical) - you seem to believe that there are EXTREMELY accurate yet dynamic forces that are in play in nature - and these dynamic forces (their direction and magnitude changes) are so extremely intelligent and so extremely powerful that they are holding everything together within the 50AU from the sun? Mind you, there is A LOT of cosmic action going on with great accuracy within the 50AU of sun.

IMO, to create equilibrium within 50 AU of sun, seems to require some unimagineable amount of intelligence and an unimagineable amount of force to be applied with an unimagineable precision. For example, a slight change in the 23.5 angle, and life is perhaps over on earth.
So how did this happen? This equilibrium was put in action by who or what? Or it formed by itself? I ask this because we know that 50AU of sun didn’t exist before the Big Bang.

If this equilibrium was created and put in effect on a random chance then,
Here is a small experiment I would like you do for me.

Get a small empty bucket and go out to your driveway.
Collect a few small rocks and put them together to form the alphabets to spell your name.
Take a photo of your name made by that rock formation so you have an evidence.

Now put all the rocks in a bucket, and toss them high in their, and see if they land on the driveway by forming your name again?

If no, then look at the design and motion of the astronomical rocks, that we call stars and planets, within the 50AU of sun, and ask yourself that how such a design on astronomical scale can form by chance when the landing rocks don’t form your name by chance?
(sorry, but I have to smile) I am sure we have done the fallacy of planned intention (TM ) before. You assume that the way that the universe, Life and Everything has turned out is a planned result. The correct analogy would be tossing the rocks or pebbles on a slab and ...however they form a pattern...is the pattern they form. The chances of them forming your name - astronomical. The chances of forming the formation that they do? Inevitable. I know the evolution of a working method (design) can look like it was planned, but in fact the sheer waste of extinction argues against any planning.

Quote:
Second question.
Please enlighten us with your scientific work and formulae/calculations where you calculated, complexity vs volume ratio in a common cell and compared that to the biosphere's ratio. And you noticed that the calculation matches better with life than any other non living thing you know.

And frankly speaking, I am not aware of any term called “Biosphere Ratio”. So let’s start with a short and precise explanation of that and then move on to the actual question 2 and 1
That's for Arach to answer.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:03 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Bullies.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Bullies.
They try to be. But it doesn't work on we crusty ol' atheists.

It's a curious coincidence but I was just thinking about the workplace bully and they way they work, and how an attempt to find a compromise position is Not the solution to the problem.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:19 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Bullies.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:00 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The more complex you make your god, the more improbable it becomes. You have just argued your version of your god is most unlikely. Unimaginable.

We are here because the conditions allow us to be here. the hole is not designed for the puddle, but the puddle forms because the hole allows it to.

So you did not understand the snowflake example.

Names = complex and very specific. Stars and planets = not as complex, nowhere near as specific.

Preferably in the science section, where it belongs.
yeah .. thank you for trying.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
yeah .. thank you for trying.
So you still do not understand. That is OK, other people will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality