U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 01:22 AM

5,830 posts, read 3,288,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find the 'why' our leaders get away with what we see in government is found at Revelation 12:12,9
Sinner Satan is like the behind-the-scenes puppeteer pulling the governmental strings bringing ' woe ' to Earth.
This is why man as dominated man to man's hurt or injury as recorded at Ecclesiastes 8:9.
In this mix we find Jesus' instructions to tell the world about God's kingdom government at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
This is because God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is going to be the solution when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Every dictator who ever lived said the current system of government is somehow corrupt and sinful and evil. This is how they get popular support for their movement. Of course, all those people who voted for Hitler never thought they would get an oppressive society, a world war, and a holocaust.

Point is - Jesus says more or less the same thing - to prepare the way for an autocratic, dictatorial rule by a cult leader who thinks he's god. Even though the Bible never says that Jesus has any real connection to Yahweh aside from unsubstantiated claims that he's the "son of God."

He says it will be a rein of peace for all those of good will. Is that really true? Does that mean I can be an atheist as long as I'm a peaceful person of good will? Or is this just a lie - because you have to fall to your knees and worship *and* love him - sight unseen? Will the rein of the Son be as awful as the rein of the Son of Kim Jung-ill?

The problem, of course, is that democracy and freedom didn't really exist when the Bible was written. The Hebrew authors of the Old Testament were ruled by autocratic dictators of city-states whereas the authors of the New Testament were ruled by autocratic Roman emperors.

It stands to reason that they wouldn't write about a thousand year-long peaceful democracy where men of good will are elected by the people. Right? I mean, if we had a democratic government after Jesus comes back, whoever we elect won't bring with them the corruption and evil, greed and self-interest that we see in today's government.

But instead of having a peaceful democracy led by elected men of good will, we have a dictatorship, run by the very same man who brought us all Hell and eternal suffering. Uh, no thanks. I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM

7,734 posts, read 4,606,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Every dictator who ever lived said the current system of government is somehow corrupt and sinful and evil. This is how they get popular support for their movement. Of course, all those people who voted for Hitler never thought they would get an oppressive society, a world war, and a holocaust.
"all those people"

I'm sure a lot not only expected but pushed for Hitler to accept a Holocaust of the descendants of Jewish Colonizers since the very beginning.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 PM
nng

123 posts, read 30,985 times
Hey if believing in heaven or paradise helps someone get through the drudgery of life, more power to them I say!!!

Old 04-06-2019, 07:30 PM

12,252 posts, read 4,684,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Hey if believing in heaven or paradise helps someone get through the drudgery of life, more power to them I say!!!
the problem is when they start telling us how the universe works based on what they need.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:10 AM

4,138 posts, read 1,521,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
“drudgery of life”

“We have certainly created man into hardship.”
Quran 90:4

Old Today, 10:42 PM

7,734 posts, read 4,606,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the problem is when they start telling us how the universe works based on what they need.
This is most certainly the biggest problem. They (the anti-agnostics) let their own limitations guide them and do not remove the vail see beyond. However, I simply cannot stand that they do such things (projection) even among themselves and onto each other. I have too much charity in my heart to be comfortable with such oppression. I don't know if it is right, but I spend most of my time educating them about each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or