Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,064,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Every dictator who ever lived said the current system of government is somehow corrupt and sinful and evil. This is how they get popular support for their movement. Of course, all those people who voted for Hitler never thought they would get an oppressive society, a world war, and a holocaust.
"all those people"

I'm sure a lot not only expected but pushed for Hitler to accept a Holocaust of the descendants of Jewish Colonizers since the very beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,321 times
Hey if believing in heaven or paradise helps someone get through the drudgery of life, more power to them I say!!!

Old 04-06-2019, 07:30 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Hey if believing in heaven or paradise helps someone get through the drudgery of life, more power to them I say!!!
the problem is when they start telling us how the universe works based on what they need.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:10 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
“drudgery of life”

“We have certainly created man into hardship.”
Quran 90:4

Old 04-13-2019, 10:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,064,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the problem is when they start telling us how the universe works based on what they need.
This is most certainly the biggest problem. They (the anti-agnostics) let their own limitations guide them and do not remove the vail see beyond. However, I simply cannot stand that they do such things (projection) even among themselves and onto each other. I have too much charity in my heart to be comfortable with such oppression. I don't know if it is right, but I spend most of my time educating them about each other.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:28 AM

34 posts, read 13,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So the question from such believers is, what's the purpose of your life based on religious guidance (if you have any) after a spot is guaranteed in heaven?

And what happens to your guaranteed spot in heaven if you fail to follow the purpose of your life as prescribed by your faith?
There are thousands of belief systems out there and only one sets of truths. This means there's only one belief system out there that is potentially one with truth. That being said, there is no such thing as a 'guaranteed spot in heaven'. You are either there or your not. What's the purpose of life (assuming you mean physical life)? To remove sin from the soul as that would cause you to go/connect to heaven, now.

What happens when you're there? You grow up as a god. You're only the seed, like a zygote. Psalms 82:6. The seed offspring of the creator is in a seeded state of development, like the zygote; and like the zygote, it has two potential futures; to decompose and die or grow up as a human being. The way in which it grows up is to receive the blood of its mother via the umbilical cord. That 'saves' it from the path to destruction. That which creates the images in the imagination, is the seed offspring of the creator. If it is to not decompose and die, then you need to receive the blood of god to your god body from god's umbilical cord, called the holy spirit in religion. The blood assures you everlasting life as an immortal god.

Prior to receiving this blood, your god body is slowly decomposing, a death path. When god 'created man in the image of god' he did so to show you what is happening with your god body being that we start out in life not yet self-aware, so you have time to figure it out and resolve it. God is causing the body to decompose (age) as 'god's messenger of truth', in other words, this is what is happening, a message directly from god in a hyper obvious way.

So the ultimate purpose of life is to grow up as a god. God had children. We're all it! Any obstacle to fulfilling that purpose, which is the will of god, we work to resolve. This is what the ultimate purpose of life is about.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
There are thousands of belief systems out there and only one sets of truths. This means there's only one belief system out there that is potentially one with truth.

OK let’s agree on this, and assume that Christianity is potentially the one.

Quote:
That being said, there is no such thing as a 'guaranteed spot in heaven'. You are either there or your not.
Assuming that you are a follower of Christian faith, what does it mean by these two claims.
1- Believe in Jesus as your savior and you are SAVED.
2 - Once saved, always saved.

Quote:
What's the purpose of life (assuming you mean physical life)? To remove sin from the soul as that would cause you to go/connect to heaven, now.
But Jesus has already paid the price and he already died for your sins. What other sins are left in your soul for which Jesus’s death went in vain?

Quote:
What happens when you're there? You grow up as a god.
I don’t think it make sense.
When you imply that God “grows” then there is a problem with this notion.

Whatever “grows” has a start and an end.
God does not have a start and end.

If you say we “grow” in heaven, then ultimately what is that we become? Gods?
So we will have Several Billion Gods in existence - there is a conflict bound to happen because each and every God will have his own will. And a collision of wills will start an interesting conflict. Which God will win and which one has to subdue when all Gods, by definition” are omnipotent?

Quote:
So the ultimate purpose of life is to grow up as a god. God had children. We're all it! Any obstacle to fulfilling that purpose, which is the will of god, we work to resolve. This is what the ultimate purpose of life is about.
“Work to resolve” you said.
And that’s the problem.

You cannot have it both ways.

Christian Faith is not based on works.
If it is, then the core belief of Christianity that “Jesus died for your sins and he is your savior whose death has paid the price” is a lie, IMO.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
"Christian Faith" is even less monolithic than Islam. Applying the teaching of one division to the whole spectrum is either ignorant or deliberate deception. Which is it Gocardinals?

Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Christian Faith" is even less monolithic than Islam. Applying the teaching of one division to the whole spectrum is either ignorant or deliberate deception. Which is it Gocardinals?
Perhaps ignorance.
Please enlighten me and tell us which Christian division’s teachings I took and applied it to the whole spectrum?

I am really interested to know, especially, which Christian division does not believe that Jesus died for your sins? JW? Seriously, I don’t know.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:12 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Perhaps ignorance.
Please enlighten me and tell us which Christian division’s teachings I took and applied it to the whole spectrum?

I am really interested to know, especially, which Christian division does not believe that Jesus died for your sins? JW? Seriously, I don’t know.
its that claim, like wearing a red hat, needed to be in the club?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality