Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 05:46 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You listed two assumptions. If you were being candid you would have asked what was wrong with either or both. You must think the people here are really stupid.
OK let’s continue.
Please mention those two assumptions that I listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
The post is there, quote it

Old 04-25-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
The post is there, quote it
I don’t what to quote.
But you do seem to know.

Please quote it and underline both assumptions.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I don’t what to quote.
But you do seem to know.

Please quote it and underline both assumptions.
If all you are planning todo is dance around we are done. I expect no more from ideologues like you. Is it possible that you don't know how to follow a conversation back to the cogent post? Am I actually dealing with ignorance instead of obfuscation?

Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
If all you are planning todo is dance around we are done. I expect no more from ideologues like you. Is it possible that you don't know how to follow a conversation back to the cogent post? Am I actually dealing with ignorance instead of obfuscation?
lol - why do you feel so insecured and underconfident?

It’s a very common practice (and a legal one too) to quote a post and highlight or underline a point we want to talk about.

You said, I’ve made two assumptions - so please quote the post and underline both assumptions.

How hard is it to do?
Or you are hurt, demoralized and scared that you lied and you can’t back it up with pointing to the assumptions?

Old 04-25-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
lol - why do you feel so insecured and underconfident?

It’s a very common practice (and a legal one too) to quote a post and highlight or underline a point we want to talk about.

You said, I’ve made two assumptions - so please quote the post and underline both assumptions.

How hard is it to do?
Or you are hurt, demoralized and scared that you lied and you can’t back it up with pointing to the assumptions?
Ok, so you reallly are just completely full of it. Nothing more than a closed mind ideologue who disproves the stated purpose of the OP at every turn. My only error was in giving an obvious ideaologue the benefit of the doubt. If you ever did live up to the claim of your OP you might actually have to THINK, and that's not going to happen.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
OK let’s agree on this, and assume that Christianity is potentially the one.

Assuming that you are a follower of Christian faith, what does it mean by these two claims.
1- Believe in Jesus as your savior and you are SAVED.
2 - Once saved always saved.
Quote:
"Christian Faith" is even less monolithic than Islam. Applying the teaching of one division to the whole spectrum is either ignorant or deliberate deception. Which is it Gocardinals?
I'm neither confused nor lying... for the benefit of those who have not followed the dancing around, and why would you?

Old 04-25-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I'm neither confused nor lying... for the benefit of those who have not followed the dancing around, and why would you?
phew !!!
It took so many posts to finally unveil the holy grail.

Here is the text you are referring to.

Quote:
Assuming that you are a follower of Christian faith, what does it mean by these two claims.

For the sake of our discussion, I "assumed" that a certain member was from the Christian religion.

Are you saying that it was a wrong assumption? If yes, apologies.

Then I asked a QUESTION (a question is NOT an assumption).
And the question was for someone to explain these two CLAIMS (a claim is NOT an assumption) made by a majority of Christians.

Now then, if you believe that item 1&2 are assumptions that I incorrectly made, then I am open to it and I more than happy to be corrected, and be updated with the right information.

Are you saying, item 1&2 are not true?

If yes, then please provide details to support your argument. It's just for the sake of our knowledge sharing in a scholarly environment. This is the whole point of this forum, and there is nothing wrong in it.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:55 PM

As I said, YOU assumed that those are "Christian" doctrines and held by all Christians and they are not, any more than Shi'a and Sunni believe the same in everything or that Wahabi represents Islam in its entirety. My point is that making such assumptions is either ignorant or deliberately deceptive. There are many discussions in "Christianity" concerning various perceptions of what intails. Don't label such doctrines "Christian" as if all agree .... unless you are prepared to defend "Islam" according to what Wahabi teaches.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
As I said, YOU assumed that those are "Christian" doctrines and held by all Christians and they are not, any more than Shi'a and Sunni believe the same in everything or that Wahabi represents Islam in its entirety. My point is that making such assumptions is either ignorant or deliberately deceptive. There are many discussions in "Christianity" concerning various perceptions of what intails. Don't label such doctrines "Christian" as if all agree .... unless you are prepared to defend "Islam" according to what Wahabi teaches.
That’s EXACTLY what I am saying.
You mentioned Shi’ete, Sunni, Wahabi.

And I am REQUESTING you to point me towards the Christian denomination that does NOT believe in item 1&2.
This is just for my own knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality