Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 11:35 AM

50,096 posts, read 20,855,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Or, is it that most posters understand any positive Religious/Spirituality post will be met with hostility/animosity? And that there will never be any/enough to convince some, nor do they care to try, especially those who banter their worldview? At this point, it's just disguised proselytizing.
That's the way it seems because they cannot cope with the idea of doubt and question. They are too used to the idea that any 'positive' (biased towards) post re. Religion will be questioned because - this may come as a shock to you - we don't believe Religious claims without question, just because they are religious claims. We do not cave into the expectation that we should treat Religious claims with 'Respect', because the believers are so offended by anyone who does not accept the claims without question (ok, question IS permissible, but only if it is within strict limits; you can questions Why this is so, but you can't question Whether it is so.).

I hardly need rehearse the sort of stuff we get. At first an effort to make a case. Either original thought, or cut and paste from McDowell, Lane Craig or Matt Slick. After denial, then the personal attacks. One thing or another: We are too rude, we 'gang up;' on religious apologists. etc.
It's all because they don't have a sound case, and often don't know how to argue logically and often don't know what's in their own Bible. The get even angrier and more hostile and bitter and contemptuous, too when they find that we Do know what's in their Bible.

Do you think i don't hear the contempt they have for someone who has studied the Bible that much and Doesn't believe it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 11:37 AM

23,275 posts, read 10,579,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
very true ...

why is it a very hard path?
U would think it's a hard way because most are religeous, society is built on religion in many ways, I know that it became hard for me when I chose something other than Christianity, and there was me and the Atheists waiting on our kids together during Christian parties at school. Alot of people used to join churches for the benifits of being seen as one of them, i guess big city don't apply too much, and these days aren't like the old days . It's just easy going with what mama taught. Your whole family hates you when you don't.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:49 AM

16,861 posts, read 5,048,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sorry but you can't even refrain from being obnoxious in your posting style (posting a reply to every single sentence I write) and being vulgar.
That is not obnoxious, it is being precise. As for vulgar, you reap what you sow.

Quote:
This is nothing more than the lame isolationist technique. My voice isn't lone. It is shared with millions of Bible believing Christians around the world.
You can NEVER admit to being wrong, can you? And your voice HERE is alone. Even other religious people have pointed out your errors. But of course it is always someone else's fault.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:57 AM

16,861 posts, read 5,048,852 times
Quote:
Darkness hates the light. That's what it tells me. When you take a stand for Christ, you get attacked. Just part of the spiritual war going on daily.
You did not take a stand for anything, you misrepresented your links. And you was corrected. It has nothing to do with a spiritual war (unless you mean your misrepresentations about atheism).

Quote:
The fact that atheists feel the need to attack Christians and ONLY Christians is just another evidence of the war.
Again you are not telling the truth. It is mostly Christians here, but we have also pointed out the errors of truth_teller and GoCardinals, who are both Muslims, and Arach and his ersatz religion.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:03 PM

13,783 posts, read 5,020,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
[
[/color][/font][/color][/font][/color][/font][/color][/font]
#5. Jesus is prophesied in the Old Testament. Rubbish! Jesus isn't mentioned once in the Old Testament. Apologists try to attach obscure Old Testament passages to Jesus to make it appear that way, but none of them talks about Jesus. A few:

...that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, "He shall be called a Nazarene" (Matthew 2:23).

There is no such prophecy in any Jewish scripture

And this:

... that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt have I called my son. (Matthew 2:15) The prophecy is to be found in Hosea 11:1: "When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."

So Israel is the child God called out of Egypt, not Jesus. But apologists always use their backup excuse, "These are all double prophecies". What about triple and quadruple prophecies?

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/cd0_prophesy.htm

#6. Gospels were written by eyewitnesses to Jesus. Rubbish! The gospels were all written by literate anonymous Greek scholars 50 to 100 years after Jesus' death.

[font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel

#7. God answers prayers. Rubbish! Study after study done by reputable research groups proves prayer has no effect on the outcome of a patient's health crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/h...of-prayer.html

We currently have an entirely separate thread that examines this topic in detail.

[font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black][font=arial][color=black]#8.
Here's one I always wondered about: "And they shall call his name Immanuel". But they didn't call him Immanuel, they named him Jesus. Why didn't the prophet "they shall call his name Jesus'?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:05 PM

"Ersatz" religion deserves a rep.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:06 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,646,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You did not take a stand for anything, you misrepresented your links. And you was corrected. It has nothing to do with a spiritual war (unless you mean your misrepresentations about atheism).

Again you are not telling the truth. It is mostly Christians here, but we have also pointed out the errors of truth_teller and GoCardinals, who are both Muslims, and Arach and his ersatz religion.
lmao. thank you.

The nones, believe we are part of a larger more complex system that theist misunderstand as their god thing. But we also understand that denying everything just because harry think thats the best belief system for people in the states isn't really the best option we have.

now scurry away behind straw man when looks like the nones will always out number your sect of theism.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,646,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"Ersatz" religion deserves a rep.
lmao. yeah, humans are part of a larger more complex system that theist misunderstand as a god thing is so inferior to your religious views.

thats right, you wont respond because fundy thinks don't play so they claim they never lose ... lmao fundy atheist.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:24 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,767,411 times
Quote:
That is not obnoxious, it is being precise. As for vulgar, you reap what you sow.
Baloney. You are forcing the responder to then have to requote 20 or more times which turns into 40 if you reply back. I don't have the time or energy for that so just expect me to ignore you most of the time.

Quote:

You can NEVER admit to being wrong, can you? And your voice HERE is alone. Even other religious people have pointed out your errors. But of course it is always someone else's fault.
Sure i can. I've even done it in this forum. Guess what, I am only a lone wolf here because your side ran off most of the Bible believing Christians! One doesn't need mean brain cells to look at the titles of the posts here and see that the forum is hostile to Christians. The few that are left get treated the same way.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:30 PM

They wouldn't if they understood their Bible and told the truth. They run into trouble because they do not know what they are talking about and they get pounded.

You know, one to ones have been requested, but you just can't keep others out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality