Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
If someone says something your can't prove false, it becomes a FACT.
...and there you have it folks. The old Eusebius one-liner that he has peddled here for years. As Trans said about him.... 'If you can't get me to admit that I'm wrong, then I'm right.' You can't reason with a mindset like that folks.

Quote:
Your problem, at least one of them is that you think if you believe something it i true. .
LMFAO! When he says things like this I am even more convinced that he is one of those unmentionables and is just playing to the gallery - because even a child would see that the same would apply to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 11:56 PM

50,997 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:

If someone says something your can't prove false, it becomes a FACT. I have 9 men who considered bearing false witness a sin against God, who say there was apostles. All you have is your very biased opinion. You lose this one.
So you can't PROVE that Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster existed, therefore their existence in fact.

Pure rubbish.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:58 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx
Th(e) apostles are mentioned in the Bible by 9 different people. That is more evidence than you have that they did not exist.
!!!!!!

I mean, omega says some pretty outrageous things, true, but once in a while he lets go of a whopper that literally makes my jaw crash to the ground!!!

Let me see if I've got this straight:

9 anonymous writers in the Bible (citation authority):
Despite the traditional ascriptions, all four gospels are anonymous, and none were written by eyewitnesses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel

mention the apostles and this is more evidence for omega that they existed than the FACT that outside the Bible the apostles are mentioned NOWHERE in secular history????????????

Omega, if this is what happens when a brain petrifies due to extreme age then I definitely don't want to live to 87. This is so outrageous it's....it's....I'm speechless.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:14 AM

16,818 posts, read 5,022,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
He'd claim to be 160 if he thought it would scrape him a point.
He outed himself by accident last year. I will not explain how because his private information should stay private, but he is not lying about his age.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
How do you know Jesus was never called Immanuel. Everything the people did concerning Jesus is not recorded, and today many Christians refer to Jesus as Immanuel. The prophecy did not set a time limit on when it would happen.
How do you know he was called Immanuel?

And if you read Matthew, you will see why the unknown author makes this word game. OK, i see why why the unknown author makes this word game. You being ignorant of your own religion may need to Google why.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Th apostles are mentioned in the Bible by 9 different people. That is more evidence than you have that they did not exist. Where is your evidence that the Bible is a book of fiction? Another OPINION for which you have no support. Your lack of evidence us pathetic. Why should anyone believe anything you say?
You must be proud of your ignorance. They are written using the style of writing used for fiction. Mark rewrite the apostles mentioned by Paul as stupid disciples, and the people in the gospels behave just like fictional people. I would explain further, but you just ignore evidence and deny everything.

Quote:
The NT is a historical treatises.
It does not follow the style of histories, so no, they are fiction based a few historical people.

Quote:
If someone says something your can't prove false, it becomes a FACT. I have 9 men who considered bearing false witness a sin against God, who say there was apostles. All you have is your very biased opinion. You lose this one.
But they are not the fictional disciples mentioned in the gospels.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
DUUH. Reading does not necessarily translate into understanding. Serious study of the "Bible is also necessary to understand it. How much time have you spent in studying the Bible? Not enough is evident.
Duh. I know what the NT really says. You rely on the mistranslations.

Quote:
Also, one must be a Christian to understand much o the Bible. The natural man can't(
Clearly not.

Quote:
Your plagiarism test are not valid because you do not properly understand that subject either,
1, you can not know that, so you are just lying now.
2, you have just refuted every ignorant post

Quote:
I read from translators, who know Koine Greek much better than you do.
Maybe, but they lie for theological reasons. Your whole world is based on a lie.

Quote:
To say I am afraid to think for myself is a stupid, self-serving remark for which you have no evidence. IMO, you are more afraid to think for yourself than i am. Both of us can't be right and I back up what I say from the Bible, all you do is spout your very biased OPINIONS.
The evidence is your assertions and denials that you post.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Most spiritual truths can't be proved or disproved. I accept by faith alone they are true, you accept by faith alone they are not.

We are both in the same boat with no oars.
Your Bible has 5 different gods in. They can not all be true. You do not even have a boat.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:32 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You believe it has truth in it.
I believe it's baloney.
What's more, it is demonstrably baloney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, though people are individuals and there are numerous variations of different belief systems one should always expect all theist to be in agreeance. And theist should understand if one theist believes in something they all do. They should also understand this only applicable to their worldview.
You're missing the point. Which is that Theists too often denounce atheists for arguing the Bible literally. And you must agree that the Bible -apologists who doesn't take at least part of it - say, the resurrection - literally is a very rare bird indeed.

True, the atheist may err in assuming that the theist bay take this or that part of the Bible literally when they don't, but since i have never see one begin with a resume of what bits they take literally and which bits they don't, atheists can hardly be blamed for that.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-21-2019 at 12:40 AM..

Old 04-21-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
No you haven't., and you can' t give even one example where you have. Your problem, at least one of them is that you think if you believe something it i true. You seem to think biased opinions are evidence. Think again.
If your god does exist, he hates you twice. Proverbs 6:16-19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality