Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 09:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I haven't seen anything yet but Eusebius' favourite old ploy "If you don't get me to admit that I'm wrong, then I'm right'.

This is of course the basic wrongheadedness of ALL theist apologetics - that their claims are true until proven false. And no proof is accepted no matter how good, because they work on Faith, not evidence.
Soundly stated my dear old scrot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 09:36 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times
Quote:
You mean theist apologists revert to the same impudent backchat when they run out of anything worthwhile. Eusebius old mate . I recognize the accent.

Evidently you are humorless also. "Great minds think alike," is a common humorous response to comments like yours. You thinking something is impudent does not make it impudent. It might point to your ignorance of the subject.

Quote:
Didn't you get the e -mail? You don't just have denominations that claim they are the Only ones going to heaven, not only sects and Churches. You have individuals who think they are the only ones interpreting scripture correctly. It's going to be dull in heaven. Him, God and Jesus unless Satan can take an hour off for a game of Bridge.

Have I ever said anything that makes you think I think like that? Those who think that way are as ignorant of Biblical theology as you are.

If you play bridge with Satan, be careful, he might trump your ace in a no trump bid. He is evil in everything he does.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Evidently you are humorless also. "Great minds think alike," is a common humorous response to comments like yours. You thinking something is impudent does not make it impudent. It might point to your ignorance of the subject.
'Great minds think alike' is not a joke. It is a truism. Impudence can be identified through irrelevance to the subject while intended to score a point. Thus ignorance or not of this or that subject is irrelevant.

As usual, just like in the Old Days, you are trying to score pointless points in the absence of anything valid to say.

Quote:
Have I ever said anything that makes you think I think like that? Those who think that way are as ignorant of Biblical theology as you are.
Get your specs on, Eusebius, old mate. That was to Thrillo in his response to kjw - not to you.

Quote:
If you play bridge with Satan, be careful, he might trump your ace in a no trump bid. He is evil in everything he does.
The only ones who worry about playing games with Satan are those who believe in superstitions - like Christianity.

Quote:
It was not a typo. It was an inadvertent omission of a word and a letter. I need to do a better job of checking before I post.
You ought to check your dictionary.

a mistake (such as a misspelled word) in typed or printed text (Websters)

That covers "inadvertent omission of a word and a letter." If you are trying your old ploy of trying to scrape enough irrelevant points together to pretend that you are ..getting somewhere...you need to be sure that you are not talking rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Unless he's 87 like Ozzy is 14.

He'd claim to be 160 if he thought it would scrape him a point.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-20-2019 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
When i post something i consider truth, you have the opportunity to explain why it is not true. No one has done that yet.
They never will, if you just refuse ever to admit being wrong. That was always you method, but then it's pretty standard Bible apologist method.

Quote:
What insults have I hurled? If you want to look at some insults look at your post here.

A mind that does not know what to do with itself---nothing here--this is soooo pathetic---petrified mind.

That is the mind set of those who are ignorant of the subject but don;t realize it. They think their biased OPINIONS are evidence and whatever they say is true.

If you want to label something as pathetic, and self serving, start with your insulting behavior.

Take some advice fro Jesus---Get the log out of your own eye before you try to get the splinter out of mine.

You are also wrong about me just saying " refute you." I always give my reasons from a source.

You on the other hand have just insulted me and only offer your OPINION, no citations. You don't even live by your own rules. Maybe if you ever mature, you will least that is not how to do things in an open discussion.

It is amusing but very sad, those who think they are so intelligent, cant participate without becoming insulting.
We see nothing here. You answer no questions, you make irrelevant points, you ask where you insulted anyone, while insulting them.

You are even wrong about sources and citations. Posting something irrelevant doesn't support your case, and saying that it doesn't is basic reasoning and needs no citation.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anything yet but Eusebius' favourite old ploy "If you don't get me to admit that I'm wrong, then I'm right'.

This is of course the basic wrongheadedness of ALL theist apologetics - that their claims are true until proven false. And no proof is accepted no matter how good, because they work on Faith, not evidence. This is why reversal of burden of proof is the real battle that has been going on from the beginning.

I have always considered that the burden of proof IS on Bible skeptics, because i believe that it's true that a book that purports to relate facts and events stands as evidence of the apologetics claim 'If you dismiss that, you must dismiss every other book' has some merit. We can't cherry -pick which books we consider and which we ignore.

That's why I reckon Bible - specifically gospel - analysis is the only thing that really matters in the debate. First cause is actually irrelevant. 'We need religion, true or not' for the good it does' is irrelevant. Appeal to numbers, authority, the supposed evils of atheist dictators are all irrelevant. The only thing that matter is whether we can believe the claim that Jesus rose from the dead. If it is demonstrably a claim without credibility, the validity of Christianity collapses, even if Christianity itself doesn't

Let's see if we can't help you out.
wow, he's just like you.

"If I don't make any claims than atheism is the default."

lmao.

yeah, saying nothing is the default position.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:42 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
When i post something i consider truth, you have the opportunity to explain why it is not true. No one has done that yet.
We have. Obviously your old age and reading comprehension don't go together.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:09 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER

This is of course the basic wrongheadedness of ALL theist apologetics - that their claims are true until proven false. And no proof is accepted no matter how good, because they work on Faith, not evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Soundly stated my dear old scrot.

And I will second that and say, "Hear, hear!"

Old 04-20-2019, 12:11 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
It was not a typo. It was an inadvertent omission of a word and a letter. I need to do a better job of checking before I post.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The blind lead the blind--Trinity churches-DO NOT-teach what Jesus actually taught. They teach what they are paid to teach--religious dogma taught in schools..

As usual you just pontificate and offer nothing to support your very biased OPINION. I go to a Trinity church, what do we not teach that Jesus actually taught? I predict you will not answer this question.

Quote:
I shaRE with them what Jesus actually taught, everyone rejects those teachings, even though they are in their translations--They aren't ever taught those teachings correctly so they remain blind and will lose--Mark 3:24-26--A house divided( 34,000) trinity based religions) will not stand.

As usual, you jut pontificate but offer no evidence to support your very biased and ignorant opinion.

Be specific. What do you share what Jesus actually taught that I reject? Since you have no idea how I believe what Jesus taught, your comment is absurd.

Again, I predict you will not answer this post.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I've often though one of the more slipshod prophecies is the one predicting that God's son would be called 'Immanuel". Of course he wasn't, he was called Joshua. Supposedly that was close to the later Christian idea that Jesus wasn't just God's approved messiah, nor that he was infused with the holy Spirit as a sort of parasitic power -pack and remote control, but it was God in person who was there from conception.

Immanuel, - God was indeed 'with us' and that it wasn't actually the name is ..a mere detail that can be Interpreted out of the way.

We don't Understand.

("Understanding": Dismissing unwelcome problems on Faith (Theist - English dictionary and phrasebook)

How do you know Jesus was never called Immanuel. Everything the people did concerning Jesus is not recorded, and today many Christians refer to Jesus as Immanuel. The prophecy did not set a time limit on when it would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality