Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,000,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Saying that's proof undercuts EVERYTHING you say. Obviously, wisdom and age don't go together.

I did no mention anything I said was proof, I was asking questions, which you can't answer.

Obviously youth and reading comprehension don't go together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx
Not true. All I need for proof is what the Bible says. Jesus is real, this I know, for he Bible tells me so

I don't think omega made a typo. That's what is called a Freudian slip. I believe what omega is saying is, "Jesus is real, this I know, for he tells me so."

It was not a typo. It was an inadvertent omission of a word and a letter. I need to do a better job of checking before I post.

Last edited by omega2xx; 04-20-2019 at 08:31 AM..

Old 04-20-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Remember you say that when you post your own "truths".

When i post something i consider truth, you have the opportunity to explain why it is not true. No one has done that yet.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
He's still singing the song he learnt in sunday school.

That is the song young children sin, not adults I did not attend Sunday school as a child. However the song has a truth in it that you can't refute.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,619,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
That is the song young children sin, not adults I did not attend Sunday school as a child. However the song has a truth in it that you can't refute.
yes, the songs religious people sing have some truths that some atheists shy away from.

love compassion and understanding.

But there are some truths about your religion that you shy away from too.

jesus died and rose up for our sins is one of them.

there is no reason to base any law of of "jesus died and rose for our sins". its just to dangerous.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So I made a mistake. You make too many to count.

No, apart from this post, your English is often not clear. And you check your memory, I am still waiting for any evidence for several questions, not your usual denial.

If I have not answered any of your question it is because I have not seen them. Ask them again and I will answer them or admit I can't.

Quote:
You have translated that Greek passage, then? How does your translation prove me wrong?

I don't remember the passage. If I can find it, I will respond.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,078,390 times
Quote:
When i post something i consider truth, you have the opportunity to explain why it is not true. No one has done that yet.
You also have the obligation to provide evidence for extraordinary claims, or we can simply disregard your claims. Nobody has an obligation to explain or prove you to be incorrect, although somebody may take on the challenge from time to time.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,619,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You also have the obligation to provide evidence for extraordinary claims, or we can simply disregard your claims. Nobody has an obligation to explain or prove you to be incorrect, although somebody may take on the challenge from time to time.
yeah, we wouldn't want to help people form more rational beliefs ... they might not agree with us if they do.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This is characteristic of a mind that doesn't know what to do with itself except hurl meaningless insults.

Nothing here.

Where's the refute? Omega, in case no one ever informed you, you need some sort of citation or contradictory authority to refute with. Unless you figure "I refute you" is a refute.

This is soooooo pathetic.

Petrified mind due to age, that's the only conclusion I can come to. Omega, it's not your fault. We all get to this point if we live long enough.

What insults have I hurled? If you want to look at some insults look at your post here.

A mind that does not know what to do with itself---nothing here--this is soooo pathetic---petrified mind.

That is the mind set of those who are ignorant of the subject but don;t realize it. They think their biased OPINIONS are evidence and whatever they say is true.

If you want to label something as pathetic, and self serving, start with your insulting behavior.

Take some advice fro Jesus---Get the log out of your own eye before you try to get the splinter out of mine.

You are also wrong about me just saying " refute you." I always give my reasons from a source.

You on the other hand have just insulted me and only offer your OPINION, no citations. You don't even live by your own rules. Maybe if you ever mature, you will least that is not how to do things in an open discussion.

It is amusing but very sad, those who think they are so intelligent, cant participate without becoming insulting.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
I haven't seen anything yet but Eusebius' favourite old ploy "If you don't get me to admit that I'm wrong, then I'm right'.

This is of course the basic wrongheadedness of ALL theist apologetics - that their claims are true until proven false. And no proof is accepted no matter how good, because they work on Faith, not evidence. This is why reversal of burden of proof is the real battle that has been going on from the beginning.

I have always considered that the burden of proof IS on Bible skeptics, because i believe that it's true that a book that purports to relate facts and events stands as evidence of the apologetics claim 'If you dismiss that, you must dismiss every other book' has some merit. We can't cherry -pick which books we consider and which we ignore.

That's why I reckon Bible - specifically gospel - analysis is the only thing that really matters in the debate. First cause is actually irrelevant. 'We need religion, true or not' for the good it does' is irrelevant. Appeal to numbers, authority, the supposed evils of atheist dictators are all irrelevant. The only thing that matter is whether we can believe the claim that Jesus rose from the dead. If it is demonstrably a claim without credibility, the validity of Christianity collapses, even if Christianity itself doesn't

Quote:
If I have not answered any of your question it is because I have not seen them. Ask them again and I will answer them or admit I can't.

I don't remember the passage. If I can find it, I will respond.
Let's see if we can't help you out.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-20-2019 at 10:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality