Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 04:10 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,889,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Please be specific. List names and evidence. I can't think of a single President, Senator, Congressman, or Supreme Court Justice that said he/she was an atheist. Tell us who they are. You said it. Back up what you said.
If that's true then Christianity is an even stronger backbone of our great nation than us crazy evangelicals have been claiming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 10:08 PM

50,962 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If that's true then Christianity is an even stronger backbone of our great nation than us crazy evangelicals have been claiming.
Finally a post of yours that I can endorse.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:39 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah, Arq, despite your relative ignorance of science and the philosophy of science, virtually all your posts to me about my views can be summarized as follows: You accuse me of not knowing the science, not knowing the rational use of logic, not properly using analogies, not understanding the mathematics of physics or cosmology, not understanding the biology of life, not knowing the basis of consciousness in the brain, and to top it off you presume to be able to evaluate when I have been "sussed, debunked, and refuted" by others. What seems to stick in your craw is that despite my extensive knowledge I have been convinced by experience that God exists and have developed an explanation the fits within existing science and my extrapolations from the frontiers of science that are only now being realized. You call it my Faith-based denial of your concrete materialist reality.
Oh., Mystic each one of those debunks of yourself have been substantiated, like the 'science' on brain EM power which I recall you said was not measurable was shown to be and you had (as so often before) to argue an unknown science (to anyone but yourself) that you meant. Your reversing of logic of the burden of proof, your dismissal of Occam's razor because.."it sticks in your craw" is a good way to put it and your miserable attempt to try to excuse yourself from having to validate any of your claims (because you know that you can't) by trying the 'just saying, not arguing' gambit as well as repeated denials of everything -as you have done here- utterly discredits you.

If your cheap and grubby attempt to insinuate that my finding (after years of trying to get you to explain your hypothesis) that it added up to nothing even before the science and logic was found to be lacking is just down to something you call 'God-phobia', didn't show in itself that you are not only deluded by faith but turned into an intellectually dishonest and unprincipled debator. Your certificate waving has been an example of this from the start. It doesn't matter how many power tools you have when you try to use them to fry eggs.

Your staff is broken and you are doing it wrong. And you keep spamming threads with with your Chophraesque hypotheses, denial and dishonesty. Nobody is fooled.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:52 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,889,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh., Mystic each one of those debunks of yourself have been substantiated, like the 'science' on brain EM power which I recall you said was not measurable was shown to be and you had (as so often before) to argue an unknown science (to anyone but yourself) that you meant. Your reversing of logic of the burden of proof, your dismissal of Occam's razor because.."it sticks in your craw" is a good way to put it and your miserable attempt to try to excuse yourself from having to validate any of your claims (because you know that you can't) by trying the 'just saying, not arguing' gambit as well as repeated denials of everything -as you have done here- utterly discredits you.

If your cheap and grubby attempt to insinuate that my finding (after years of trying to get you to explain your hypothesis) that it added up to nothing even before the science and logic was found to be lacking is just down to something you call 'God-phobia', didn't show in itself that you are not only deluded by faith but turned into an intellectually dishonest and unprincipled debator. Your certificate waving has been an example of this from the start. It doesn't matter how many power tools you have when you try to use them to fry eggs.

Your staff is broken and you are doing it wrong. And you keep spamming threads with with your Chophraesque hypotheses, denial and dishonesty. Nobody is fooled.
You have no idea how ignorant and out of touch are. Zero. Zilch.

The people you criticize and who are actually trying to show you the light are prophets. I guarantee you that no one has respect for the R/S forum.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:00 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Your guarantees carry no more conviction than your endorsement of 'prophets'.

Quote:
Not long ago, you were claiming that America was run by atheists. Now you admit here that you really don't know. Nice of you to admit that you are again proving our point here - believers just make stuff up just to try to win for their beliefs. In fact I think it's for yourself, not for any particular dogma. For me, Religious faith is the epitome of pride - as well as 'darkness', because it is "I'm right; you're wrong; he's wrong. They're all in Darkness. I'm right because I Know!"

And what do you know? Not much, it seems. Everything you are told you dismiss or try to use to prop up your beliefs - like your hilarious "Oh, Atheists aren't running America, but Christians are? Well that shows how great Christianity is!"

Obvious wriggling, denial and evasion. And let's see how how you respond to Mensa putting you on the spot.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-22-2019 at 06:27 AM..

Old 07-22-2019, 06:11 AM

16,727 posts, read 15,724,119 times
Quote:
The people are Christians. The leaders are atheists.
Quote:
Please be specific. List names and evidence. I can't think of a single President, Senator, Congressman, or Supreme Court Justice that said he/she was an atheist. Tell us who they are. You said it. Back up what you said.
Quote:
You're wrong again. In addition to being wrong, you once again failed to provide the names and specific details to back up your claim.

You said the leaders are atheists. You said it. I asked you to prove it. You failed to do so. Please defend your statement or admit you were wrong. List all the atheists leading America or admit you lied when you said that the leaders are atheists. You were wrong, Ozzy, and you won't admit to it.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 AM

1,329 posts, read 833,872 times
Quote:

Jamie Raskin is an atheist congressman from Maryland. Pete Stark (California) was the first atheist in Congress.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:28 AM

50,962 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
You have no idea how ignorant and out of touch are. Zero. Zilch.

The people you criticize and who are actually trying to show you the light are prophets. I guarantee you that no one has respect for the R/S forum.
Look in a mirror.

You're no prophet.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 AM

1,402 posts, read 479,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.... Your certificate waving has been an example of this from the start. It doesn't matter how many power tools you have when you try to use them to fry eggs.
Ahhhh.... finally we have an analogy that works!!

Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
I signed off from this thread yesterday by simply commenting about how people approach the exchange of opinion in all variety of different ways. Not sure how any of that was "self-congratulatory," but what followed are many a comment proving my point, including how such exchange can go south not only in person but also in a forum like this one. Logic and reason takes a back seat to ego and hubris in what seems a contest of "winning" the quien es mas con KNOWLEDGE game...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality