Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 09:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I know that you are the authority on this forum and I respect that.

My point is that words are very powerful. And You can bless with them and you can curse with them.

If you are saying that I am guilty of an attack on the Atheist then I am guilty. It is apparent that my words were taken very seriously, and rightly so. Don't forget that I offered a choice on how to proceed in my first post.

One more time that you're wrong.

I will go now .

Good thinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 10:20 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
One last thing, nice little quote box trick, as you know I was talking to Mighty Queen in the post you quoted and then responded to.
It's an open forum, not a private chat.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:27 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Ahh more innocence and now you say that you are harmless as a wet noodle. Isnt that sweet.

More innocence and now I'm a meaningless, raving sinner going off topic, and put in a presumptive atypical box. And doubling down that words are meaningless, by the self-proclaimed definer of words, while claiming words to be inactive.
We are harmless. Even if we (atheists) did curse and damn you, it wouldn't matter at all. if you just posted:" " and carried on posting your views and rationale and evidence, our words would not hurt you in the least. Just as i don't give a toss about the blasting and venom of the Christians here, but only about the arguments they make.

And there, words can be devastating. Words, used to convey sound and convincing ideas can show previously held beliefs and viewpoints to be quite mistaken. And that's the most powerful thing in the world, because you can blow a man to bits but that's easy compared to changing his mind.

Quote:
One last thing, nice little quote box trick, as you know I was talking to Mighty Queen in the post you quoted and then responded to.
Anyone can respond to anyone here. the 'I wasn't talking to you' ploy won't wash any better than the "I'm not arguing..Just telling" gambit.

Anyone here putting a point is making a claim.

Anyone here can comment on and challenge it

No law or forum -rule requires them to respond but, if they don't...they have lost the case. That's why we secondary scum (I still love your screen - name ) find ourselves trapped into responding to mere idiotic spamming, because we fear if we don't, the unwary may think we were unable to answer.

Religious preaching, Polemic and apologetics don't irritate me, much less abuse, insults and canard. They amuse me rather and are just more arguments that can be turned against the users to show how weak, poor and irrational their arguments are. As has been said of the ones who do this most egregiously, they are worth 2 divisions to us as a good Bad example.

But what can be irritating is finding myself compelled to Anti -atheist spamming which I'd rather ignore.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-13-2019 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
I will go now and let them proceed with anything they want to say. I don't find any power in arguing. I'm not a fan of it.
You reckon this is a flounce Trans?

Last edited by Rafius; 08-13-2019 at 11:00 AM..

Old 08-13-2019, 11:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You reckon this is a flounce Trans?
Yes, that is what it looks like

Old 08-13-2019, 11:58 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
The Atheist's claim that there is no authority over them. So, to prove their point they must kill everyone around them, as they only have themselves to look too, as top authority and not seeing anything past themselves. The dirt on the ground ends up as top authority as Death is a proven fact they must face and becomes their top authority over them. As the Atheist is not greater than that. And cannot disprove it. Very short sighted, while claiming to be omniscient.

Noah is a man who accepted all judgement in that time of lawlessness. I also accept all judgement, from both God and man, in all weakness. So go on and claim your supposed freedom to curse me, spit on me, hurl insults at me, stab me, cut me to pieces, burn me at the stake and any other thing that makes you feel strong. As I am most thankful to see past it all.

If this is the only way for me to express love in this world, then so be it. Can you allow me to choose your life over mine. That is what a friend does. Friend or enemy is your choice. God is my judge.
Very strange post!

"So go on and claim your supposed freedom to curse me, spit on me, hurl insults at me, stab me, cut me to pieces, burn me at the stake and any other thing that makes you feel strong."

Where on earth did that come from?

Old 08-13-2019, 12:03 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Very strange post!

"So go on and claim your supposed freedom to curse me, spit on me, hurl insults at me, stab me, cut me to pieces, burn me at the stake and any other thing that makes you feel strong."

I have observed that the desire to feel persecuted is apparent in certain people. Even if a threat is not really there, they will say these things to make it seem so.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:03 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Very strange post!

You know, we haven't had a good burning at the stake here in a long time!

Old 08-13-2019, 12:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have observed that the desire to feel persecuted is apparent in certain people. Even if a threat is not really there, they will say these things to make it seem so.
Yep. Jaysus just loves persecuted Christians. Even if they have to pretend to be persecuted.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:10 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You know, we haven't had a good burning at the stake here in a long time!
At least not since Ozzie, two days ago.
Were is the dear thing, anyway? In ashes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality