Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Maybe the rest of us doubt your ability or desire to have a serious, moderated discussion. Or for that matter, pretty much any non-Christian on this forum.
Well now, that's just how we goddless bastards feel about your lot.

Quote:
To flippantly misstate our beliefs is insulting. It's interesting that you can't tell the difference. And it says a lot about you.
To put your faith claims plainly without speciously persuasive language ("claim of a dead person getting up and walking" becomes 'attestation of a wonrdr's miracle!') is what you call 'flippant and insulting'. It's interesting that you can't see the Real difference. And it says a lot about your mode of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Amazing. Does it just work for dead beetles or can you do larger things like cows?

How dead do they have to be? What about things like road kill that get flattened? Just curious.
Stoppit I can't eat my peanuts, I'm laughing so much.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-21-2019 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 04:27 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
To flippantly misstate our beliefs is insulting. It's interesting that you can't tell the difference. And it says a lot about you.
Is the claim that the corpse of Jesus returned to life NOT central to Christian belief? Did the reanimated corpse of Jesus NOT physically fly up into the sky and disappear into the clouds? Does Acts 1 not specifically state that:

[9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

How am I mistating your beliefs? I do not treat them with reverence, this is true. But I have no more reverence for them than I have for any other unrealistic claims of any other religion.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:33 PM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Peanut Gallery feels there should be respect for others beliefs especially since this is lacking a moderator for the other side.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:38 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
This part of the peanut gallery feels that the platform has already turned into a free for all while they were trying to hire an ajudicator for the debate (throws another bottle).

Old 08-21-2019, 04:39 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Peanut Gallery feels there should be respect for others beliefs especially since this is lacking a moderator for the other side.
Tell us what you believe and why you believe it coffee. Why does that require a moderator?

Raising shield against food fight

You all need to go out and hug a tree!

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post

Which is the 'other side'?

Genuine question.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Isn't Tired of the Nonsense representing a non-Christian view? So a Christian one.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Tell us what you believe and why you believe it coffee. Why does that require a moderator?

"Reanimated corpses flying into the sky" that makes even me cringe. That seems disrespectful to me. You could of said that in a nicer way. And tossing in the Santa Claus thing... 2 strikes against you from this part of the Peanut Gallery.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:51 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
There are billions of accounts of people seeing Spirits from The dead or Angels etc. Jesus rose from the dead & was seen by His friends. You can't debate it because you were not there. If You Do Then You are just like Oscar The Grouch who has nothing positive to say about anything because Life has handed him a bad deal. Only when you see a spirit or Angel for yourselves will your minds be changed forever into positive mode, & you'll stop this devilish nonsense & blasphemy against your Maker

Ocean777, you gave me some entertainment this afternoon and I'm not usually so flippant but I'm going to defend my worldview, same as you.

But jokes aside, let me give you a big tip, in a genuine effort to help you out.

I'm clueless about your motivation for being here, but religion based on fear is no motivation to anybody if that's your goal.
Frankly you sound like for all your faith, you are having a terrible time of it, what with being thrown in the lake of fire thousands of times and whatnot. You're not selling your religion to anybody, you are just reinforcing one of the reasons many people turn away from religion in the first place.
Fear. Nobody wants a religion based on that and you are just coming across as a person who needs help themselves.

I genuinely hope that if you have to use religion as a crutch, you find a way to embrace a kinder one.

Last edited by Cruithne; 08-21-2019 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality