Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 07:05 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Dates are not given in prophecy neither are names. Yet descriptions are. And that is why there are three hundred prophecies that speak of Christ first coming. And that is also why there are many prophecies that speak of His second coming. The prophecy stated that the Jews would be scattered around the world. Sorry to tell you this, but they were. And the Bible tells us near the end of time they would return to the land of Israel, and they would retake Jerusalem back by force. They did. The bible also tell us Jerusalems East Gate would have a Porch Gate added to it, and that Porch Gate would be sealed, and all attempts to open that Gate would fail. All attempts have failed, just like the Bible said they would. And a date is given, but I can see you are ignoring it because I guess you don't want to add the numbers which aligns with Gods conditions of Israels judgement. And it turns out when those numbers are tabulated it comes out to 1948, the year Israel became a nation.
And please could you tell me what falsehood is in this prophecy? Having a few Jews in Jerusalem does not negate the prophecy, because the vast majority of Jews were scattered, and Israel did not become a nation again until 1948. And the prophecy tells you the Jews would first return to southern Israel which they did. And then it tells us they would take Jerusalem second which they did in 1967. And the Bible tells us that once they return this will be the last time, and they will (NEVER) be removed from their land ever again. And the Bible also tells us they would rebuild their third temple, the plans for this temple already exist, and the priest are being trained for it. All of this is happening, and it is no concidence.
I won't accept any prophecy as having any validity for scientific testing unless it is very detailed and doesn't just give a description of what is being prophecied, but everything involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Prove there is not a God. Hey, we win. You can't prove there is not a God, because there is one.
That logic is very flawed. The burden of proof isn't on the reviewer it's on the person making the assertion that such a claim is true. Your the one making the claim that a supernatural entity exists, therefore your the one that's supposed to give empirical evidentiary support to demonstrate that it is true. You can't prove there is no such thing as Bigfoot or the Toothfairy, although it would be irrational to believe there were and live your life as if there were since there is no empirical evidence to support their existence. It's the same with the god hypothesis, you can't exempt 'god' from having to provide empiricial evidence of their existence then purport it as truth.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Follows what biblical text? Where in the bible does it say to do anything in that link? All I read there was someone taking the difference between historical or biblical events, multiplying it by a number mined from the bible and trying to make them fit by all means possible(such as switching back and forth between calendars when numbers don't conveniently match).

Meh I've already explained the deal with self-fullfilled prophecies, deliberate action is neither prophetic nor coincidence. Needless to say 2034 is going to come and pass leaving just another failure in the end of days list I showed earlier and people scrambling to find reasons(excuses) to postpone the date. Doomsday is just around the corner is something that they've been saying since the time of jesus.
Today we follow a calendar that has 365 days. Yet days never change, and from the beginning, it still required 24 hours to equal one day. And if you take the total number of days of Gods judgement upon Israel, which are based on His detailed conditions, and then add those days dividing them into the 365 days that would equal one year, you will arrive at the year 1948. This is not rocket science. Also, it is no concidence that Gods third day which is spoken of in Hosea 6:2 would eclipse the 1948 date. According to Jesus, the generation that would see the rebirth of Israel would not of pass away untill all things be fulfilled. Gods third day based on the prophecy of Hosea 6:2 would be the year 2034. The generation born in 1948 would be 86 years old in 2034. This is not a concidence.

And can you explain how Jerusalems East Gate prophecy could be considered a self-fulfilling prophecy? Especially taking into consideration, that it has been fulfilled to date, by non believers of the Bible.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:41 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
The bible, like psychics...have people who want to believe. And if you're determined to make yourself believe it's true then in your mind it is.
No thanks, I'll take reality over bologna any day.
Well that's a good general statement, not much thought behind it. You have not adressed any issue. You have only stated your vague personal opinion. No real detalis to counter any prophecy found in the Bible. I guess your vague personal opinion is considered reality to you?

So I guess when the Bible tells us that in the latter years the Jews would return to the land of Israel after a worldwide exile, and they would take Jerusalem back by force. And the focus of the world would be on the control of Jerusalem. And Israel at this time would be surrounded by enemies. And Jerusalems East Gate would still exist, and it would have a Porch Gate added to it, and that Porch Gate would be sealed up till the end of time, and all attempts to open it would fail. How does that square with your bologna? Especially considering the fact, that all of this is true.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 AM

13 posts, read 42,810 times
There is a God !! Look around you...... if u see a creation around you,there must be a creator for it, as nothing has been created by itself !!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,008,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well that's a good general statement, not much thought behind it. You have not adressed any issue. You have only stated your vague personal opinion. No real detalis to counter any prophecy found in the Bible. I guess your vague personal opinion is considered reality to you?
But enough about you....

Quote:
So I guess when the Bible tells us that in the latter years the Jews would return to the land of Israel after a worldwide exile, and they would take Jerusalem back by force. And the focus of the world would be on the control of Jerusalem. And Israel at this time would be surrounded by enemies. And Jerusalems East Gate would still exist, and it would have a Porch Gate added to it, and that Porch Gate would be sealed up till the end of time, and all attempts to open it would fail. How does that square with your bologna?
Since these events have yet (or ever) to happen, still bologna.

Quote:
Especially considering the fact, that all of this is true.
No it's not, except in your mind.

The bible is about as real as sylvia brown, or john edward.....why aren't there cults running around after them?

You only get one shot at life, you choose to live in fantasyland so have fun with that. I almost feel sorry for you that you will never know what it's like to actually live life for yourself, almost.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,008,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-food View Post
There is a God !! Look around you...... if u see a creation around you,there must be a creator for it, as nothing has been created by itself !!
How do you explain caves, clouds and rocks?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,460,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Why do you need the Bible to prove there is a God? There are many who believe in God and don't use the Bible as scripture.

Secondly if you want to use the Bible, there are about a million archeological sites that prove the accuracy of certain books in the Bible. The Bible is a collection of books written by many authors at different dates.

Lastly, like the Sun I do believe in the Sun because I see it, it is because of the Sun that all things are seen.
if you're gonna quote cs lewis, at least give him the credit for the quote.

Quote:
That's about as supernatural as tying my shoe.
who said it had to be supernatural?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-food View Post
The conditions of the universe are precisely as they would be with no creator or divine supernatural presence since you can't empirically demonstrate there is one. And I'd like to know how inserting an Intelligent Designer in answers anything when there's no empirical explanation of such an entity.'Creation' isn't evidence of an outside agent that created the universe and everything in it. Someone can't scientifically test the existence of such an entity.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 08-17-2008 at 11:34 AM..

Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 AM

51 posts, read 83,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The conditions of the universe are precisely as they would be with no creator or divine supernatural presence since you can't empirically demonstrate there is one. And I'd like to know how inserting an Intelligent Designer in answers anything when there's no empirical explanation of such an entity.
Forget all of this batting back and forth for a minute (please humor me).
Without mallace, will you answer the following question HONESTLY to yourself and me?:

Question:
If your child of say....17 years old was just in a car crash, your at the hospital, looking at a mangled mess and the doctors tell you it looks very bad, SHE may not live through the night, What do you think you would do for the rest of the night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality