Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
No wonder God says that the Fool has said in his heart there is no God. They can be scientist with Phd's in nuclear physics - so what - they are still fools if they believe there is no God and that we orignated from some other animal species.
Unfortunately the same could be said of millions who claim to be Christian but sadly lack any evidence in their own personal lives of a belief in the Teachings , Laws and Principles from their own Holy book, the Bible.

Last edited by bluepacific; 08-14-2008 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:04 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
Quote:
What has Evolution to do with anything here???? you ask. Everything! If Evolution is not true - then where did we come from? Perhaps you believe like Tom Cruise, that aliens dropped us off here a few million years ago? Or maybe your theory on evolution is so much bigger than I thourght, but it all comes down to monkeys changing into humans and fish growing leg and becoming giraffes or whatever......I don't mean to sound so sarcastic, but come on......A God, intelligent being, creator of the world - OR, fairytales about animals changing into other animals - yet we still have fish don't we? And we still have monkeys don't we?

No wonder God says that the Fool has said in his heart there is no God. They can be scientist with Phd's in nuclear physics - so what - they are still fools if they believe there is no God and that we orignated from some other animal species.

I look nothing like a monkey.....I have normal ears and I don't go swining through the trees....lol....and maybe I can swim like a fish, don't mean I came from one.....fairytales, fairytales. My God is real.
At least we understand the concept of a god. You make it so apparent that you know nothing about evolution at all. There is absolutely no logic in any area of your argument.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,333 times
Quote:
How can people NOT believe in God? Evolution is nonsense!! Monkeys turning into people, fish growing legs and becoming elephants....lol.....what a great big fairytale THAT is!!!
I probably wouldn't "believe" in evolution either, if that's how I thought it worked. But it doesn't. I'd recommend a few good biology textbooks.

Evolution is happening all around us, all the time, but not in the way it's been explained to you ...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
You are not getting the point.

The guy asked us to prove the Bible is true without using the Bible. The truth is the Bible's evidence of divine inspiriation (TRUTH) is in its words.
You're still right back where you started ... saying the Bible is true because the Bible says so. Circular logic.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Sorry but the whole "I don't understand it, so it must be supernatural" line doesn't hold up. Just because I don't know how a jet engine works, doesn't mean "a magical being created it."
The very things that people could not understand thousands of years ago we now know today as simply science in action.....no supernatural activity required.
Exactly. A long time ago, people thought thunder and lightning and earthquakes were proof that the gods were angry. We'd laugh at anyone who seriously clung to that belief today.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Read Ezekiel 37 and then watch the news...
People have been interpreting Biblical "prophecy" for thousands of years now, and you can almost always make something general and vague fit contemporary issues. People have been doing that with Revelation ever since it was written. John of Patmos was obviously writing about Christian persecution under the Romans, but people today still read things into it to predict the end of the world.

Remember, too, that Jesus was supposed to return to earth back in 1844, according to William Miller. Then he was supposed to return in the '80s, and then at the turn of the millennium. Heck, Jesus told his disciples that some of them would still be around when he came back. So much for that, huh?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
Quote:
What has Evolution to do with anything here???? you ask. Everything! If Evolution is not true - then where did we come from? Perhaps you believe like Tom Cruise, that aliens dropped us off here a few million years ago? Or maybe your theory on evolution is so much bigger than I thourght, but it all comes down to monkeys changing into humans and fish growing leg and becoming giraffes or whatever......I don't mean to sound so sarcastic, but come on......A God, intelligent being, creator of the world - OR, fairytales about animals changing into other animals - yet we still have fish don't we? And we still have monkeys don't we?

I look nothing like a monkey.....I have normal ears and I don't go swining through the trees....lol....and maybe I can swim like a fish, don't mean I came from one.....fairytales, fairytales. My God is real.

Ah, yes. I'm sure every scientist that has ever studied or proven elements of evolution to be true is absolutely quaking at this exasperatingly fine piece of scientific endeavor backed by multitudes of empirical research and written in such clear context and prose. I guess I never looked at it as being called a fairytale. Well, game over. It was nice knowing you, Darwin.

Last edited by GCSTroop; 08-14-2008 at 09:02 AM..

Old 08-14-2008, 08:08 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Please, let's not let this thread 'evolve' into an evolution thread!

(Thank you, thank you, gonna be here all night!)

Old 08-14-2008, 08:08 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Default Arrgh!

There is zero proof that God exists and there is zero proof that God does not exist. Does anybody understand that?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Prove there is a god, but no bible quotes, please. You would have to prove the bible is truth first, and no one has been able to do that.

I have not ever met one person who could prove there was a god, but they insist there is one.
Here's the OP, four months and several hundred posts ago......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality