Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 10:45 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Oh yes ..I do. I perceive Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah/Etc as the beautiful representative entities of The Oneness (Reality) that is God. It's all God.
You can put any "name" to God that you'd like. God by any name, was, is, and always will be, The Divine.
Once you get hip to that, you will come to greater understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 11:04 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Props to the smart person that hipped me to The Oneness (Reality/All That Is) that is God (The Divine)! Much gratitude.
It is the self-substantiating, unequivocal, irrefutable evidence...that some claim has never been presented. So they have to refer to the representative Deities found in Religious & Mythological writings... state that nothing else counts as "God"...then, off of that flawed premise, conclude that "God" does not objectively exist.
They mine the "Spiritual Fossil Record"...and don't even know they've dug up the evidence.
It's a scam, so they can cling to the Argument From Ignorance known as Atheism.
Most unfortunate...I pray for them.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:40 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Oh yes ..I do. I perceive Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah/Etc as the beautiful representative entities of The Oneness (Reality) that is God. It's all God.
You can put any "name" to God that you'd like. God by any name, was, is, and always will be, The Divine.
Once you get hip to that, you will come to greater understanding.
Not possible, they are two different and mutually exclusive gods. You either perceive one or the other.

In reality, you are just hijacking a god that allegedly created your alleged god, simply to escape the fact that the many different god beliefs is evidence people invent gods, not that they perceive actual gods. That you need to play these games is evidence that you have no credible evidence.

What you are doing is claiming your views are correct, and all other religious people are simply mistaken, which ironically is what they say about you.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Props to the smart person that hipped me to The Oneness (Reality/All That Is) that is God (The Divine)! Much gratitude.
It is the self-substantiating, unequivocal, irrefutable evidence...that some claim has never been presented. So they have to refer to the representative Deities found in Religious & Mythological writings... state that nothing else counts as "God"...then, off of that flawed premise, conclude that "God" does not objectively exist.
They mine the "Spiritual Fossil Record"...and don't even know they've dug up the evidence.
It's a scam, so they can cling to the Argument From Ignorance known as Atheism.
Most unfortunate...I pray for them.
They cannot acknowledge the irrefutable truth of that because it would negate their preferred default belief about our Reality. For some inexplicable reason, they seem to think that what humans have BELIEVED or do BELIEVE about God somehow impacts the empirical existence of God. It is an interesting logical fault that remains undetectable to them because of their preferred atheist belief. Our human beliefs have NO IMPACT on what is or is not true about our Reality.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:58 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I would like to ask any atheists interested in responding, how they differentiate between facts and their beliefs, between facts and their own personal subjective opinions. Because I notice on CD how common it is in posts for people to call something a fact, when it is not a fact, but is instead their subjective opinion, their personal view, their belief.
Now, was that so hard? All atheists can differentiate between fact, fiction, beliefs, personal opinions. We're thinking rationally, objectively, logically and scientifically. Of course, we all have different and opposing opinions and personal feelings about certain things but we are still very much human, not robots.

Facts are facts Tzaphkiel. There's no wiggle room. I think it may be you that has trouble distinguishing between fact, opinion, and beliefs or non-belief.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Now, was that so hard? All atheists can differentiate between fact, fiction, beliefs, personal opinions. We're thinking rationally, objectively, logically and scientifically. Of course, we all have different and opposing opinions and personal feelings about certain things but we are still very much human, not robots.

Facts are facts Tzaphkiel. There's no wiggle room. I think it may be you that has trouble distinguishing between fact, opinion, and beliefs or non-belief.
"Non-belief" is a very narrow and limited category that applies ONLY to those who have NO awareness or knowledge whatsoever about the question. Once they are aware they either have a positive or a negative belief about it based on THEIR existing level of knowledge and awareness. Pretending that you have non-belief once you have the knowledge or awareness and identify as an atheist is just bogus.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I would like to ask any atheists interested in responding, how they differentiate between facts and their beliefs, between facts and their own personal subjective opinions. Because I notice on CD how common it is in posts for people to call something a fact, when it is not a fact, but is instead their subjective opinion, their personal view, their belief.
Not sure why you would ask this only of Atheists, but you did. A fact is something proven to be true. Perhaps someone mentioned that X was a fact and you do not believe it has been proven true as I do not know the context where you believe atheists but not theists do not understand the meaning of the term fact.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:37 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Not possible, they are two different and mutually exclusive gods. You either perceive one or the other.

In reality, you are just hijacking a god that allegedly created your alleged god, simply to escape the fact that the many different god beliefs is evidence people invent gods, not that they perceive actual gods. That you need to play these games is evidence that you have no credible evidence.

What you are doing is claiming your views are correct, and all other religious people are simply mistaken, which ironically is what they say about you.
You are still locked onto and into "separate things".
There is only one Reality.
You need to get hip to The Oneness.
If anything and everything is just One Thing...of course all the perceptions and manifestations of God are ultimately the same...as is anything and everything else.
Anything and Everything is just One Thing (Reality/All That Is)...and it's God (The Divine).

Old 08-18-2022, 12:48 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not sure why you would ask this only of Atheists, but you did. A fact is something proven to be true. Perhaps someone mentioned that X was a fact and you do not believe it has been proven true as I do not know the context where you believe atheists but not theists do not understand the meaning of the term fact.
Because the moderator has reminded everyone to stick to the topic, Ask an Atheist. And i think that is why Tzap framed her question that way.
But i think it is an interesting subject in and of itself, not just how atheists see it.

What are facts?

Here is a definition.

Quote:
Facts are constructed. They are not objective. And there is no clear test for what is a fact. Thus, when Albert Einstein was asked, how science can separate fact from fiction, brilliant hypotheses from nutty quackery, he answered: ‘There is no objective test.” Unlike rational truths that are true outside of experience and absolute, all factual truths are contingent. They might have been otherwise. That is one reason it is so hard to pin them down.
Trump is the best President ever. Is this a fact? Could there be an objective test to prove this true or false?
To keep to the topic, I will address this question to an atheist if they would like to answer.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:54 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
It seems clear to me that religionists love to use the loosest possible definition of the concept of a fact, therefore, to answer Tzap's question, preferring to keep facts loosey-goosey makes it more possibly to justify religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality