Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 PM

268 posts, read 457,772 times

Advertisements

Re: the "One on one" book excerpt SoulPatriot shared...holy crap. "Darth Vader Does Amway" is right on! Thanks for posting it, SoulPatriot.

There's all kinds of wrong there. The whole idea that chelas are required to find seekers is complete nonsense. A pyramid scheme if there ever was one. What happened to "when the soul is ready, the master will appear", or whatever that malarkey was? Why the need to aggressively recruit if the readied souls are naturally drawn to the master?

Then there's area supervisors. A necessary part of the schematic I guess, since it would take work for Gary himself to monitor chelas' recruiting successes and failures. But seriously... "area supervisors"? How can this be viewed as loving and spiritual in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER?!

But what gets me the most how much of a dick Gary is about all of it. For example:
"The supervisor will be acting according to my wishes. If they handle something incorrectly, or too coarsely, they have me to deal with."
Ooouuuuuu, I'm so scared! What's he gonna do? Why not just ask everyone nicely to go out and sell your program, you jerk.

And he's demanding there be "no flack, no back talk" toward the supervisors. Like he's dealing with a bunch of bratty little kids. These chelas are supposed to be the most spiritually evolved "readied souls" on the planet, who've finally reached the pinnacle of spirituality and found their master!! And yet Gary thinks he needs to lay down laws like "no flack and no back talk"? What an idiot.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 AM

30 posts, read 56,588 times
Violet, this is an example of why I am no longer on Masterpath. There were just too many cracks in the foundation. I was rubbed wrong by the tone of the One on One book when it came out but I was totally brainwashed at that point and swept it under the magic carpet. Believe it or not, this book was a "gift" to the chela body. A nice investment for his future it seems.

In 2000 or so, at a seminar, Gary proclaimed that the One on One book had gone over our heads. He had to pull the path in and nurture it for a bit while we grew our spiritual legs. Then he proclaimed we were ready to spread the word to the world, that he was given a mission by Anami, and he unleashed "The Master's Global Cause". Same idea but packaged a bit differently.

Instead of One on One, we were asked to do One on Group. This was about holding mini seeker video viewings in our own home with as many seekers as we could gather as well as he and Joy and Dennis and some higher initiates holding seeker meetings all around the world.

If we were uncomfortable holding these meetings in our homes we were encouraged to take it to the Inner Master and contemplate why we were holding back from being a channel. In the meantime we should donate money to help fund the expansion around the globe or help another chela put on meetings at their home or local library.

After the global cause the salaries for the Olsens grew as well as Masterpath's profit. This is all so obvious. It's lame and ordinary. Amway and Pyramid scheme are both right on.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 AM

42 posts, read 80,237 times
Talking Well I'm safisfied - It's not about the money no mo'

He lives!

Thanks Soul Patriot and others for your recent postings - a year ago when first I stumbled on this thread, I was looking for answers and had some interesting encounters - a year on, (feels like 10), it's like some kind of high-school re-union, good to see @EOF is still kicking, Soul Patriot is still Kicking, @still_kicking still kicking...and peacemaker still chela-ing (and i'm sure @allan1015 is somewhere "out there" too :-)

needless to say it's been quite a ride (spin cycle @SK called it) but on seeing the accounts that were published yesterday i'm satisfied - no-one's getting rich out of MP - people gotta live, gotta eat, gotta work.

Like @TimBeasley my chela-friend realized, I get it too: this is a detractor's thread, call it SOMP: Survivors of MP, or DOMP: Detractors of MP, we're all where we're meant to be, so I'll leave y'all be in peace if that's what y'all want.

There were some "carefully researched links" I would really like to chuck into the mix, as y'all know i like to "keep it real, mate" and rapper Nas is the don when it comes to one-liners in this cool track from 2002:

Master-Mind - Nas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swQu4tSIUw

"Velvet bowties, bulletproofs in the tux, when I roll by
In a car similar to Osama's in "My diamonds"
And my principle is to study drama.
Look what happened in Manhattan
A couple of years ago when guns started clappin'
Two of my dogs fell, two of my n1ggaz ran
They was amateurs in beef with a grown man
It taught me the lessons of how the strong stand
And how the weak, end up in the coffin
Play it cool, that's the old school rule, man
Keep your ears to the street, y'all never lose man
Make your enemies believe there's love there
Cause in war, belief is all fair / fear
Rock them to sleep, shots in your jeep
And you ain't never know the plot was from me
It's from my Mastermind

A Mastermind: sees it comin' before it comes
A Mastermind: Everything planned out perfick
A Mastermind: Sleeps at nite real easy
A Mastermind: 'Cos everything he does is by the book
A Mastermind: Never do a thing irrational, lives forever, these tales are classical
I live a clean life, I don't even steal cable
I speak for myself, my n1ggaz will slay you
Lucky us, this rap done worked out fine
FEDs, check me out, it's no dirt y'all find"

Obviously gangsta-genre but some deep lines in all that I felt were topical.

Jay-Z also once rapped (in a dis to other rappers including Nas):

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools
Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
So stop with that childish sh1t, n1gga I'm grown
Please leave it alone - don't throw rocks at the throne
Do not bark up that tree, that tree will fall on you
I don't know why your advisors ain't forewarn you
Please, not Jay, he's not for play
I don't slack a minute, all that thug rappin and gimmicks
I will end it, all that yappin be finished
You are not deep, you made your bed now sleep
Don't make me expose you to them folks that don't know you
N1gga I know you well, all the stolen jew-els
Twinkletoes you breakin my heart
You can't fock with me - go play somewhere, I'm busy
And all you other cats throwin shots at *****
You only get half a bar - fock y'all n1ggaz"

So there you have it, peacemaker turned warmaker?, TOM, the optimystik misfitt, realizing this is a warring universe after all: war is par for the course, the inner war of course: reflected here on this thread in internet space - the line between the inner and outer: it's the one war we're all fighting - all our demons are on the inside - guru-bash if you want if you feel it helps: I hope y'all find your truth doin what u do.

and feel free to "bring it" - i'm ready now

Last edited by PeaceMaker21; 09-05-2010 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: edited sum gr8 lyrix

Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 AM

138 posts, read 244,831 times
Default Well, well, well....

Now PM21, you are finally being honest about your agenda. That has taken some time to just get to this point hasn't it?

I have to be totally frank with you, I have always seen your agenda (to protect what you think you believe) from the very beginning, but have restrained myself in my responses to you, since you know not what you do. - You are merely were and are regurgitating your programming from the MP. Robots do that too.

But I digress, let us talk to some of your points:

Warring Universe? Hmmm.....

Warring against what? You mean everyone else's desire for peace and harmony and Gary selling snake oil to address these issues. I mean if it worked for everybody, then there wouldn't be a need for this thread now would there?

Could it be anything else than the exposure of Gary Olsen's agenda at the expense of others that you are taking issue with?

Because there is another way to look at this that you are failing to see.

From where many of us stand you have merely sided with Gary's agenda, yet you know not why. Instead you come up with that lame misdirection of a "warring universe", instead of seeing the pain, misery, suffering, harm, and dysfunction that is caused by your "chosen" master and the path that you are on.

Are we guru-bashing or merely stating facts, obviously mixed in with our own level of anger at being misled, lied to and manipulated? I actually know that it is the latter.

You on the other hand are seeking to influence, and ineffectively so. This is the battlefield of ideas, truth, facts, and ideals (that do not exist). You state: "Game on" - what do you have to offer of significance, value-add or meaningful contribution?

So far to date I see the presentation of your arguments as pointless, useless and lacking in meaningful depth or relevance in such a forum as this. Let alone off topic and thus irrelevant. As you have likely already figured out by now that you are on the losing end of this argument, and neither you nor your master can win.

To Wit: Do you suppose posting videos, and the lyrics, do you think that we will be influenced by these non-sequitors? How relevant are they? - I personally don't care to see what someone else has said when spoken about for a different context that does not speak to the here and now of the current discussions on this thread.

Do you have the actual ability to come up with your original thoughts? Where is the engineering mind that actually creates value-add by your actual sitting down and thinking informatively on a subject? I don't see that being applied here.

Facts are facts, truth is truth, there is no absolute truth other than the majority expressing here that are adamantly opposed to such predatory practices of the MP that intend to steal $ from "other's" pockets without so much as a "by your leave".

Do you think us such sheep that we will all fall back in line with your statements, and become good little and obedient chelas?

Yeah that is gonna happen isn't it?

Really, do you think so?

That what you present in defense is going to achieve that end?

It is truly foolish to follow such a man who practices his way of making a living in this manner. From what I can tell you are merely parroting what you are told, like any good little robot in the service of another, and in this case a vampire. Common sense is most assuredly missing from your reasoning.

You see PM21, you are dealing with a mind of war, who knows what it means to kill, and to conquer. Practiced in the Art of War and its application, you make enemies you can ill afford to have, much as your master has done. And one who is well versed enough in Rhetoric to know BS when I see it.

It is ill advised to fight with one who likes to fight. Why? Well they more than likely have more experience at it than you do, and are also likely better at it than you are. The result being a public thrashing for you and your master.

So if you'd like to have a discourse on the merits of what the MP teaches, then by all means, game on.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 AM

268 posts, read 457,772 times
Aye yi yi.

"In seeing the accounts that were published yesterday, no one's getting rich out of MP"... ? And this is all you have to say about what's been written here, Peacemaker?

You're satisfied "it's not about the money no' mo'"... because why? Because Gary and Joy drive modest cars? Because they "only" made $160,000(+) salary combined every year? Do you know what that means in the U.S. when you don't have a mortgage to pay and you are free to spend summers lounging by the lake in Minnesota and your winters in Mexico and the South Pacific?

Peacemaker, there's so much more to all of this. But in keeping with chela tradition, it seems you found one little piece of something you could grasp onto and then held on tight to rationalize everything else away.

What about the creepy one-on-one book (a.k.a. pyramid scheme) Gary handed out? What about the $400,000 donation that has yet to be accounted for? Have you looked into 501(c)(3) organizations and whether or not the MasterPath and Gary Olsen are ethical with regard to their non-profit status?

What about the chela who spent a year in a basement apartment because of your "master's" directive? What about that chela's relatives who had to watch their loved one spiral down hill as a result? What about the MANY others like her? What about the "Sat Guru Bhakti" excerpts SoulPatriot shared about how the only thing chelas should ever want to hear about is their sat guru Gary Olsen's "glory and greatness" (you're clearly not a good little "gurumukh" by being HERE.)? What about the many first-hand accounts here of Gary and Joy Olsen's corruption and cruelty? Are you paying attention?

What am I saying, of course you're not. You are completely lost in the illusion Gary Olsen has cast before you. How very self-serving.

That's okay, maybe if I were involved with a cult like the MasterPath, I'd just listen to my rap music and keep my brainwashed head in the sand too. Keep rationalizing, and we will keep exposing the truth.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 AM

33 posts, read 103,597 times
Peacemaker...,you are a genius! You figured out that this forum does not support MasterPath. This is a site that you "stumbled" upon...how did you do that? Most everyone else here had to type something into the search engine they were using in order to find this. Did you type in "English Gardens," and it accidently came up as this forum? My guess is that you went looking for this forum. Maybe you want to "one on one" with people here or you want to convince someone of MP's efficacy. You, Peacemaker" are the collective "you" of MP chelas who deal with a little bit of their own Messianc trip by thinking that what they have to say in their oh so "Peacemaker" way is going to represent the MP to such a degree that we will all want to say, "gee this Gary guy sound so wonderful...just read "Peacemaker's" posts. But it could be Peacemaker or Allan or Tim or anyone of you with the same story, the same agenda, the same sense of holier than though...only the name changes. OR maybe you have doubts that you are not yet ready to face. I do hope that you and others like you keep posting because you give a glimpse into the radical dysfunction of MP. You just cannot help but do so.

Yes, Gary has to make a living...has to eat, etc. The fact that he does it through expliotation via presenting himself as god and savior is not illegal, just ethically questionable. The fact that he is neither god nor savior and can deliver nothing but re-written, pladgerized spin, i.e lift a little from Ek, from Scientology, from Rhada, is both telling and sad. And the fact that he is able to convince otherwise intelligent people to drink the kool-ade does reek of a man obsessed with power and control. Honestly, I've never thought it was all about the money. The money is just a symbol of his "control" issuse. But the power...that's what Gary fears losing.

This is not just a forum of detractors or surviors. This is a forum about social justice. It's a forum that conveys a warning. I wonder about people like you who speak in affects: "ya'll" and "g'day mate." You come across like somone who does not really know themselves and somehow MP has given you an identity, albeit one fraught with disassociation and disconnect.

Soul Patriot, thanks for posting the pages from "One on One" renamed "The Master's Global Cause." I too remember sweeping that under the carpet and re-reading it this morning was stunning when I think of how I tied myself in knots trying to "justify" that piece of dogma. And I stand with you: this forum has the potential to dissuade, to warn, to help and to support chelas who want to leave. And as you know, once you are in so deep, it's hard to face yourself and realize that you have been living Gary Olsen's lie.

And on a final note, here is the real truth: Gary Olsen is an ordinary man with an extraordinary ego. He cannot guide you to self-realization. You are going to have to realize and know your own self and to that, be true. Gary cannot protect you. You have to protect yourself and you can start with protecting yourself from the inconsistancies of MP. They are everywhere. Gary cannot fill you with love. You are going to have to find love on your own. Gary is not god, nor a god-man. He made all of that up to try and get your money...maybe not the kind of money that Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker have made, but money that sure beats being a house painter! And yes, he is no different than the men that I have lumped him together with.

May this site continue to fiercely question and condmen the exploitive nature of MP. May others share their story here and find support and validation. Life after MP is good. To be able to feel life and energy in your being without it being attached to some bad picture of Gary Olsen is a great. Beware of overly-tanned used car salesmen who try to make deals that are too good to be true! Beware of men who call themselves god and want your worship.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:41 AM

Default Some tactics for you to think about

By now many of you have shared some of what is on this thread with your friends and family and are likely as well to want to see this MP ended perhaps.

So in line with that how about the following ideas to think about and do.

How about everyone, including friends and family who is near to such events, including chela meetings, satsangs, regional seminars and 1x1's and actually start attending these events and recording them?

(In warfare this is known as the principle of swarming)

Be sure to check your local laws regarding recording of such events, it changes from state to state.

Don't worry about breaking the law, it is only broken if you publish those transcripts and make them public. I do believe that in most cases you are entitled to record such sessions even if the law prohibits it if you are using them for the taking of notes for yourself so as to refresh your memory. Video can also be used in like fashion. It can be successfully defended in court should the issue ever arise.

As a more proactive angle, our people that are in these 1x1's and meetings could start asking intelligent questions (that can be easily culled from this thread) to address the inconsistencies, issues and dangers that are proposed by being involved with the MP. This forces the chelas to defend the MP and in public to what it is that they are selling.

A good defense is an excellent offense (One of my favorite quotes. In warfare you attack your opponents weak-points, in this case the chelas are the weak-points, they do not know that they are defending a predator who is a thief and liar, hence their blindness is our opportunity to win and defeat the MP.)

That way we can share them here and really seek to understand these defenses and we can make sure that you keep them on message of answering the question so as to avoid being misdirected away from the truth and the facts. There are clearly no answers to harm and the damage that has been caused.

If they answer in some non-logical or unreasonable manner, then repeat that they have not answered the question, and then further state that everyone in the room is waiting for an answer to a reasonable question.

If they don't allow questions, as they are likely to want to do, given that I am presenting an overt tactic to challenge them, then blurt out that not being being able to discuss this (insert whatever subject that you've brought up) sounds like a cult that has something to hide. Something is clearly being hidden if it cannot be openly discussed is it not? Look for when you can see an opening to make this point, and sometimes you just have to make it. This tactic will shock the room. Good that is what you want, then follow it up with another related question. Make them answer both questions.

If they refuse questions or are unreasonable, talk to the hotel or event staff that is housing these meetings and ask them that did they know that they were aiding and abetting a dangerous cult that destroys people's lives.

You do not even have to wait for that to happen if you don't want to, you can simply walk in and present a list of things that have happened to people, (likely you can pull that information from this thread), or use your own experiences and present that to these owners, hotel operators, etc...

Ask them how the media is likely to present this? Do they want to be affiliated with aiding and abetting a cult?

Challenge the reputation of the hotel, owner, or organization as being a part of the problem of promoting and harboring cults when they give them a space to hold their "meetings".

Deny them access to others, that is their source of revenue and their prey that they feed upon. (Again another weak point is their access to people who are vulnerable)

For if it were truly a fact that they were about enlightenment the information would be given away for free.

The premise promoted by Gary that you should pay for these "teachings" is a lie, as has already been proved here that the truly enlightened do not charge $ for this, they give this out of compassion and love for their fellow man (woman too obviously).

Old 09-05-2010, 09:59 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Moderator cut: reminder

Folks, this is a reminder that posting ANYONE's personal information is not allowed, and will be deleted and possible infractions issues..

Also a reminder that mod actions are not to be discussed in open forum

Old 09-05-2010, 10:17 AM

Default Opportunities to have some fun

Personal posting of information not being a part of my post the next seminars for the MP are as follows:

Fun Suggestion: should you attend the 2nd meeting afterwards or even near to the end of the meeting demand a full refund at the top of your lungs for everyone to hear you. Explain your reasons why in a loud and vociferous manner that they are stealing money from you. Demand that the police be called to get your money back from these charlatans. Show everyone Your own version of Light and Sound

Meetings with Gary Olsen – Albuquerque, NM
Saturday, September 25th at 4:30 p.m., MDT—USA
Registration 1:00 – 4:15 p.m.; no fee for seekers

Additional Meetings with Gary Olsen: After attending the 4:30 meeting, seekers may also register to attend the following meetings at the student fee:

Saturday, September 25th at 7:00 p.m., MDT—USA, $40
Sunday, September 26th at 8:30 a.m., MDT—USA, $40 Location: Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
5151 San Francisco Road NE
Albuquerque, NM
(800) 266-9432
Please Note: Minimum age requirement for attending meetings is 14 years (with parental consent).

October
Seeker Meeting with Long-Time Student – Des Moines, WA
Introductory Talk and Video Presentation:
Saturday, October 16th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., PDT—USA
Presenter: Joy Olsen
2400 South 240th Street
Des Moines, WA
(Visitor Parking, East Lot) Please Note: Minimum age requirement for attending meetings is 14 years (with parental consent).

Seeker Meeting with Long-Time Student – Oakland / Berkeley, CA Introductory Talk and Video Presentation:
Saturday, October 30th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., PDT—USA
Presenter: Devorah Rood
2600 Durant Avenue
Berkeley, CA
Please Note: Minimum age requirement for attending meetings is 14 years (with parental consent).

November

Seeker Meeting with Long-Time Student – Phoenix, AZ Introductory Talk and Video Presentation:
Saturday, November 13th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., MST—USA
Presenter: Joy Olsen
Canyon Ballroom
427 North 44th Street
Phoenix, AZ Please Note: Minimum age requirement for attending meetings is 14 years (with parental consent).

December
Seeker Meeting with Long-Time Student – Ft. Lauderdale, FL Introductory Talk and Video Presentation: Sunday, December 12th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., EST—USA
Presenter: Devorah Rood Location:
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South
91 SW 18th Avenue
Dania Beach, FL

Last edited by Still_Kicking; 09-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: adding a little more fun in the mix

Old 09-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Well said @remeberingyou - This is absolutely about social justice.

When the new year starts we can find more to do to have a bit of fun on the weekends and play with these knuckleheads and hit 'em where it hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality