Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 09:22 AM

175 posts, read 424,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
These excerpts are taken from Truth and the Seeker, Vol. V, Number 8, "Sat Guru Bahkti (Part B)"

" The stage of 'Resignation to the Will of the Sat Guru" is very high, but also very difficult. Of Course, many say that they have resigned themselves to the sat guru; but as a matter of fact, one who has completely surrendered himself to the guru, holds no one dearer than him. Only those who have reached this stage can make this claim."

"They who love the sat guru, do not want to hear anything else except his glory and greatness. He who has faith in the Master sees no blemish in him. If he were to become critical towards the guru he would lose his feeling of love for the Guru. One should therefore never try to find fault with the sat guru. Only he who behaves like this will be a gurumukh, and reach the final stage one day."

" A true gurumukh is he who looks upon the Sat Guru as the Lord God, and does not question any of his actions nor let his faith in him suffer."

I posted these quotes in response to mpchela's friendly cultish reminder.

This is a question for Gary Olsen....who is the author of the above quotes? I'm curious if Eckankar or RSSB would make a 'copyright infringement' claim if they knew how you were peddling their wares as your own...I'm referring to the "master's original writings".... not the edited versions that your staff have/are currently altering/editing.

The bold quote above encapsulates the indoctrination of becoming an obedient and willing servant of the "master"...or a sincere chela on the "path." Obedient and sincere are interchangeable on the MasterPath. See excerpt from the one-on-one booklet below: "no flack, no backtalk..."

Btw, for all MP chelas... do any of you even know how your "master" writes? Would you even recognize his writing voice? Or, how about the fact that he says the writings are vital because they have his living impulse... Really?

Now, compare the above to what is written below....SoulPatriot, you chose an excellent excerpt from that mess of a book.

It's fairly obvious that "the master Gary" wrote what is below.... and lifted what is above from other sources and then edited to make it "his own."

Yup, a real guru in all his greatness and glory....let us all bow to the Lord God in action through him. And let us not question any of his actions or become critical lest we become free thinkers and independent of his control and manipulation!

Gary's famous retort to any backtalk, questions, or criticism (sincere or not) is: "my way or the highway." Many people have chosen the highway.... and many more will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
This is an excerpt from Gary’s One on One book that was handed out in the 90’s. The lines in this text are very telling as to the subtle manipulation and control tactics that he used and still uses to keep tabs on the chelas and grow the path. This incarnation of the one on one program never took off. It was later respun as the Master’s Global Cause in 2000. The membership grew considerably at this time and so did the profits

List of responsibilities for the “ Area Supervisor”

1. To monitor all chelas as to their progress on attracting a new seeker. Each Chela will be contacted and expected to inform the supervisor, as to their current position on new seekers.
2. The supervisors will be held accountable to the Living Master.When I need to know how many new seekers are knocking at the door, or how many more new seekers are needed to bring the Living Master to that area for a meeting, I will just contact these supervisors for the needed information.
3. The supervisors will help all those who are struggling with finding a new seeker. If a new chela is having difficulty in talking to someone, the supervisor should be contacted. Either the supervisor or somebody they recommend, can talk to the new seeker on behalf of the new chela. Eventually this new chela with this help, will be able to do it for himself. This will be invaluable. Also, if a new chela can’t find a new seeker, then the supervisor will find an extra new seeker, and line this new seeker up with the chela who initially could not find one. If there is a chela with some personal problems, like feeling inadequate about channeling, the supervisor will line up a new seeker, and instruct and guide the new chela in the proper ways of channeling. This will slowly but effectively, build up the new chela’s confidence, and put into motion this One on One, bringing ultimately, everything that the new chela needs. If there was no one to help the new chela to understand one on one, then this would not be fair.
4. The supervisor will be acting according to my wishes. If they handle something incorrectly, or to coarsely, they have me to deal with. This supervisor position is one of love, caring, help and assistance. It will be a big job and be completely separate from satsangs, or the like. I expect each supervisor to hold regular meetings with ALL chelas individually, keeping an account on each chela and his/ her results concerning new seekers.
5. The supervisors will be responsible for determining when the new chela should be instructed on the One on One format. For some, this can happen almost immediately. Foe others , it may take three or four months before they feel comfortable with attempting the One on One. There will be a small booklet that all supervisors will have, and they should contact the new chela about this one on one, when the Shabda Master informs them to.
6. No Flack, back talk, or bad vibrations should be directed towards the supervisors. They are acting on my behalf. [insert "master" and "God" and that sentence applies to how chelas are trained to be obedient and willing servants to Gary and Joy] I have asked for the One on One to implemented by ALL CHELAS. This is crucial. The supervisors are only to assist me in this area. I do not have the time to check up on everyone, wondering what their progress has been regarding this. This will be the supervisors job. I can call them to find out the current conditions, regarding a full house. If it is full, I’ll line up a new seekers meeting pronto. Also if there is a chela that is not responding to the one on one, the supervisor can inform me of it, and then I can address the situation….without playing Dick Tracy.
7. The supervisors will have all the brochures, profiles and One on One booklets, to distribute to all chelas in their area. Their responsibilities are only to organize and supervise the gathering of new seekers. Each chela now knows that they are responsible for being a mini-lecture themselves, and the supervisors will only be checking on what the chela already knows he/she is supposed to be manifesting. The supervisors position is one of help and assistance; no power plays or unwanted judgments.
8. Any problems whatsoever, that the chela has in this One on One, should be taken to the supervisors, and they will help in the best way possible. We have satsang teachers to assist the Master, in helping chelas understand the Divine Mysteries, and likewise we now have supervisors to help those chelas with the One on One thrust, that replaces lectures and less efficient means of spreading the truth.
9. I would like each chela to visit with the supervisor, at least twice, or until a new seeker is contacted. Once there is a new seeker with a chela, basically the supervisor’s responsibilities are done. It then is in the hands of the chela, to take mastership of the relationship, and prepare the new seeker for the meeting with the Living Master.
10. As it stands now, maybe three seminars a year would be tentatively scheduled. This means that each chela would have approximately three new seekers to find, screen and prepare. The supervisors are to assist in this. It is not the supervisors job to round up new seekers, for that is the chelas cause and creation.
……….. Therefore, if we have twenty chelas in an area and a new seekers meeting is realized, then we will have forty people present for the new seekers meeting. The next meeting should see an equally increased turnout, so you can see that this should expand considerably. As the Masterpath expands, so does the group consciousness, giving it more love, power and wisdom. It allows me to reach into the far corners of the globe, where I could not have reached otherwise. It also unleashes my love to you, which all unfoldment and expansion is based upon.
Great posts SoulPatriot! and glad to hear that Life is Good!

Violet....wow! Thank you for the online review of the Bird Flu tape. Still working my way through some of the posts...

Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
Hi,
The teaching I know does not demand a cessation of smoking pot, nor a vow to do so, nor a teaching to emulate my guess of Sri Gary's behaviors and life style.

So I am not in step with you on the reason for a heavy guilt and self-judgment experience from it.

But I am young at this, perhaps there is a teaching to come.
2nd Initiation on MP Vow: The chela must be drug-free.

guess you missed that last year when receiving your 2nd, huh?

no use discussing the subtlety of other "chelas" experience with you since it is fairly obvious that you are a

MasterPath
Ox
Resistant and refusing to "see"
Opposing
Nuemona that reveals your "master" as the hypocrite he is

Quote:
A nice walk, a bit energized

End_of_Faith

Honesty here, it made me laugh inside a bit to think about what your asking me. Two dudes got pissed after finding out they didn't need to feel guilty for smoking pot? Not guilty enough to have quite I guess, but a guilt. That is what your asking me to consider, right?

But back to truth, I don't find I any depth of compassion for those pot smokers : )
Should I? perhaps I'm missing your point?
I didn't say anything about "two dudes got pissed...."

yes, you completely miss the point....but that's no surprise considering your state of consciousness regarding the experience and sincerity of ex-chelas....

hey, how's your depth of compassion for your pot-smoking master?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:01 AM

309 posts, read 580,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
Have you been drinking?
Violet, I am trying to understand why we have such vastly different points of view on the same thing. There seems to be a real disconnect at some basic level. I've chosen on specific statement to focus on - simply because I don't see how can uncover such disconnect by addressing a wide range of items.

Perhaps I am drunk, stupid, out to lunch and completely missing your point. All I can do is present what I thinking/feeling/experiencing as plainly as I can. I have no issue having some light bulb go off to find out that I was just completely mis-reading you.

I don't see how the personal attacks and insults add to any kind of clarity or progress.

Once again, I find many issues with your 2 sentences about Simran and the practice of repetition - If you are presenting it as a fact of what does happen in MP, of how the practice is taught and what it is intended to do - then I see that as a really basic mistruth, a lie

If you are presenting it as a possible outcome of the practice - well I don't see how that could be given that your saying that your showing me what MP actually does to people.

Ive made my points, any effort to bridge the gap so to speak would be appreciated.

Allan

Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
2nd Initiation on MP Vow: The chela must be drug-free.
I believe the condition for accepting second is that I have no addictions/dependencies to drugs, or somethng like that. There is no Vow that amounts to commiting to never ever taking a drink, puffing on a joint.
Perhaps you can bring out the actual text so we are not haggling over our aging memories on this.

You asked me to smoke on, comtemplate, think about, the issue that two people went on a guilt trip over smoking pot, later to here that Gary may have smoked. I did, it sounds increadibly winey and stupid to be honest.

If I missed the point please explain.

Last edited by allan1015; 09-18-2010 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM

I t just tickles me on all of you, to a person it seems, cant follow through on any one thing, cant carry out any dialog on any point I bring up.

All devolve into insults, attacks, calling me stupid and brain mush - yet never ever, in tons of posts actually addressing the point of following anything to any conclusion. No ever actually shows me where I am wrong or misunderstands - and the closer I get to revealing your lie's the louder the shouts and insults get.

Still_Seeking, I asked to focus in on one thing, the claim that I and all Chelas are brain dead, unable to make informed decisions - or much heads, you have avoided that discussion with all manner of side issues and personal attacks. Not one civil discussion on that.

So you choose a topic, choose chelas are brain dead, gary insulted you, gurus shouldn't smoke pot, or some other specific topic - prefeably one that directly supports your claim that MP is a destrructive/harmful cult. I say specific because we cant go for things like - how does it feel to love a fraud - is so full of assumptions we would have to agree on first and its unrelated to the claim of MP being a Destructive cult.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Kicking View Post
Perhaps we should take pity on him?
yes, a depth of compassion is in order for Allan....

but then again, I don't think Allan needs or wants our pity or compassion since he is the ONLY ONE among us who has the facts, science, and 360 degree viewpoint...

so, Allan, given all your wisdom, knowledge, experience and evolved consciousness in perceiving "the truth".... please enlighten us all on the "esoteric truth" in the Bird Flu talk.... I await with bated breath...

btw: the talks from the day before were about the movie "The DaVinci Code" and how Jesus was a man just like Gary with a family, kids, etc...

Quote:
FYI for those interested, the following are just a few personal notes taken down from listening to the May 28, 2006 tape "Master Satsangs The Bird Flu Virus":

Then Gary talks about the lectures from the day before and how they probably offended some people because light and sound is the opposite of conventional truth and tradition. Gary says "Let them have their firetruck or their baby rattle and play with it. They’ll learn more from that than they will from some higher esoteric truth".

Shortly thereafter Gary asks "Did anyone see this Newt Gingrich special on Fox here about three weeks ago?"

Gary goes on about Newt's Fox appearance saying "That was really the big push." Then..."He gave a talk about the bird flu"..."So they tried to get a high profile person out their to drop the message."

“The WHO [World Health Organization]...has said that it is imminent. IMMINENT…know what that word means? It’s UPON US. It could hit America TODAY. Who’s prepared?”

...This covers just the beginning, it gets way better. (TO BE CONTINUED)
Faux News is one of his sources for that fear mongering talk... figures

hey Gary....know what Faux means? It means false, fake.... look it up.

Quote:
FYI, continued from a prior post, below are some additional personal notes taken from listening to the May 28, 2006 tape entitled "Master Satsangs The Bird Flu":

"It’s too risky to bank on it not hitting. My assumption is that it’s gonna hit. And one would be a colossal fool if you weren’t prepared."

"That’s just the bottom line. If you're not prepared and you get yanked out, not only would you blow your opportunity for light and sound in this lifetime"..."but one would just been ignorant and way too vain and prideful"…"you’re on your own then."

"Newt Gingrich said"…"two weeks lock yourself in your house and let it blow over. WHO is saying that’s absolutely ridiculous and we’re looking at 3 months to 3 years."

"It can go on for a number of years"…"The TV, what you’re getting off the TV is so watered down. That information is geared to religious people"... "You can’t even begin to tell people like that the truth"..."You’re gonna have to tell them fables to keep them satisfied."

TO BE CONTINUED...
well, I guess I'm a colossal fool.....

and as far as "blowing opportunity for light and sound".... what? just an example of control and manipulation... what happened to karma and reincarnation Gary? What happened to "eternity" or finishing the journey from the "inner realms" and all that other B.S.

as far as I'm concerned, MP is nothing but a fable geared to those who seek something outside the mainstream religions.... it's just another religion with a contemporary name and borrowed dogma

Quote:
Just to summarize the remainder of the tape - it gets sort of redundant but basically it's stuff like "This baby's a killer...these things have hit before" referencing the bubonic plague and how it's going to be so much worse because now we have international travel. He also says something like "you better polish up on your detachment. Get in your house and shut your door".

Then it goes into how MP isn't a mommy/daddy program. You can't rely on the master, the master only helps those who help themselves, etc. There are some remarks like "You people are here to grow up. You don't know how to walk. You're just little children. You're babes. And the lord sends souls down to become spiritual adults".

Then Gary goes into sort of a tirade about initiate reports and how the chelas are not following his directions. Apparently they're supposed to write "IR" on the reports and they can only be one page. But some chelas were sending in several pages and Gary said it was no laughing matter, it is serious. "Do you think it's not a check against you when you ignore the master's directions?"

Last, I would just like to add that I have presented my notes taken from this tape as an online review of sorts. All of my remarks about the tape and Gary Olsen are simply MY OPINION.
yep, break 'em down and then build 'em up in your image Gary....

and of course, the ever-present warning of retribution if you "ignore the master's direction."

followed 3 months later by the chastising the chelas for not "understanding the directions" when the effects of his own cause goes south on him... yup, his glory and greatness is simply blinding ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberingyou View Post
Yes, Gary has to make a living...has to eat, etc. The fact that he does it through expliotation via presenting himself as god and savior is not illegal, just ethically questionable. The fact that he is neither god nor savior and can deliver nothing but re-written, pladgerized spin, i.e lift a little from Ek, from Scientology, from Rhada, is both telling and sad. And the fact that he is able to convince otherwise intelligent people to drink the kool-ade does reek of a man obsessed with power and control. Honestly, I've never thought it was all about the money. The money is just a symbol of his "control" issuse. But the power...that's what Gary fears losing.

Soul Patriot, thanks for posting the pages from "One on One" renamed "The Master's Global Cause." I too remember sweeping that under the carpet and re-reading it this morning was stunning when I think of how I tied myself in knots trying to "justify" that piece of dogma.

And on a final note, here is the real truth: Gary Olsen is an ordinary man with an extraordinary ego.

Beware of men who call themselves god and want your worship.
Bravo! and double ditto

Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 AM

268 posts, read 457,849 times
Quote:
Violet, I am trying to understand why we have such vastly different points of view on the same thing. There seems to be a real disconnect at some basic level. I've chosen on specific statement to focus on - simply because I don't see how can uncover such disconnect by addressing a wide range of items.

Perhaps I am drunk, stupid, out to lunch and completely missing your point. All I can do is present what I thinking/feeling/experiencing as plainly as I can. I have no issue having some light bulb go off to find out that I was just completely mis-reading you.

I don't see how the personal attacks and insults add to any kind of clarity or progress.

Once again, I find many issues with your 2 sentences about Simran and the practice of repetition - If you are presenting it as a fact of what does happen in MP, of how the practice is taught and what it is intended to do - then I see that as a really basic mistruth, a lie

If you are presenting it as a possible outcome of the practice - well I don't see how that could be given that your saying that your showing me what MP actually does to people.

Ive made my points, any effort to bridge the gap so to speak would be appreciated.

Allan
The disconnect between us stems from the basic fact that you're in a cult. It is a challenge getting through to someone who's brainwashed. But in addition to that, you cannot seem to put a sentence together that makes sense.

Most importantly though, on top of everything, you do not seem to read what anyone actually writes! You put quotes around a couple sentences and twist them into things that were never said. Is this a reading comprehension problem you have, or a willful disregard for seeing the actual meaning? Are you afraid to let the real discussion roll around in your head for even a second?

One example of this is you being fixated on me and the practice of "simran". I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SIMRAN UNTIL YOU DID! I was originally referring to the annoying tendency of chelas to constantly insert MP lingo and dogma into conversation, even when it does not apply in any way. You apparently think that's simran, but I just call it douchey and pretentious. And I don't think my original post applies to simran at all according to the definition in your "master"'s book.

Our words our always lost on you, Allan. The only reason I even bother to respond to you is to put the truth on the record for those who actually do read the thread.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM

268 posts, read 457,849 times
For the record, here are some quotes from "MasterPath: The Divine Science of Light and Sound, Volume I"
"The true problem is not actually the substance being relied upon, rather the inability to extract value from life in a natural way. This natural way, while known by few, allows one's consciousness to easily and effortlessly transcend illustion without the aid of a chemical. And since it is natural, the spiritual approach to elevating one's consciousness is without the negative effects of artificially altering one's state, such as the loss of money, the eventual comedown, and the guaranteed humiliation thrust upon the user from the outside, or worse yet, from one's own inside, manifesting in guilt, repression, and a lack of inner harmony." p. 175

"So, in truth, substance abuse exists because the user knows nothing of the light or the Sound. The external substance may temporarily bring in more light, but it will also create more negative effects birthed from this errant cause.' p. 178-179

"The MasterPath condones none of these external substances, for they are hindrances on the Path of spirituality." p. 179
There's much more, too.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I believe the condition for accepting second is that I have no addictions/dependencies to drugs, or somethng like that. There is no Vow that amounts to commiting to never ever taking a drink, puffing on a joint.
Perhaps you can bring out the actual text so we are not haggling over our aging memories on this.

You asked me to smoke on, comtemplate, think about, the issue that two people went on a guilt trip over smoking pot, later to here that Gary may have smoked. I did, it sounds increadibly winey and stupid to be honest.

If I missed the point please explain.
Until the law changes, technically marijuana is a DRUG! Even though your master thinks of it as an herb, and an aid to entering the "higher states"...

I REPEAT: I never said anything about 2 people.... but, you seem certain that you know something that has not been said.... interesting.

Stupid and whine-y .... you say.... hmm, well Allan the chelas that I know were the foundation of MasterPath... and they are anything but stupid and whine-y. But hey, the insults flow both directions.... we are bigots and you are.... well, you are a student of Gary Olsen.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I was originally referring to the annoying tendency of chelas to constantly insert MP lingo and dogma into conversation, even when it does not apply in any way. You apparently think that's simran, but I just call it douchey and pretentious. And I don't think my original post applies to simran at all according to the definition in your "master"'s book.
Ahh, ok, your absolutely right. I reread that part

1) MP-speak such as repeating MasterPath words and phrases on an annoyingly frequent basis. This is a symptom of losing your individual identity, and finding greater value in the language of the group consciousness than your own.

And can see know I totaly read it in another context. repeating words - which is simran - was what I guess I keyed in on.

My appologies
I am glsd I kept pressing though, I couldnt figure out why it was such a disconnect, thanks for hanging in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality