Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 01:11 PM

138 posts, read 244,865 times

Advertisements

You attempt to deflect instead of answer the issues before you Allan, and that is misdirection. a typical and well understood aspect to defenders of cults.

You say pop psychology, that is an incorrect understanding of having insight into your behavior. You don't like that do you?

To those of us who have been hurt by this involvement with Gary Olsen and his MP, and your out-right denial of that impact proves that you are bought and sold into being a robot to the MP program and is evidenced by what you have been told to say. Because if you did care about others with the alleged compassion and understanding that you alledge your objective viewpoint to have, you would just go away and ponder your true path instead of attempting to defend your choice here.

In fact every single one of one of your responses to your posting re:Violet's comments I have heard Gary Olsen say. That is illustrative enough to me to show that you do not possess your own mind, but are parroting what you have been told, that whether you chose to believe that or not is what I call programming. Since you cannot seemingly come up with an original thought of your own that I haven't heard already. Nothing new, dry, old, lame, a dead image that is parroted.

Your opinion of me and others here is subjective, how about copping to that? Where is your objectivity? You don't have it, and I see it. Don't like that either do you?

Why you would even entertain this thread clearly is illustrative at least to me, in my subjective viewpoint that you suffer from delusions that the path that you are on is the only path.

You seem to think that there is a problem with subjectivity, I do not. There are clearly others who do not agree with you. How do you reconcile that in your alleged objectivity? Never mind, you don't have a mind, it is a parrot of Gary Olsen and his program that you have agreed to. You do not own your own mind from what I can see, your words betray you. From where I stand it is akin to watching an ego that sits there braying like a donkey, that says that it is everyone else and their problem that needs to be changed, yet is so arrogant that it thinks it can influence or change other people's mind with this clear defensiveness (see anger) instead of having respect for other's experiences. That is definitely arrogance that borders on narcissism.

Your anger is clear, how about copping to that? Do you not realize that your anger is a VERY CLEAR statement to your LACK OF OBJECTIVITY?

I am merely pointing out what I see, because I have walked through the crapola of the MP, and see it for what it is.

Do I have issue with you disagreeing with me? No, but I do take issue with willing blindness that uses anger in attempt to force and coerce others into thinking as you do though. And for that I do have response.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM

309 posts, read 580,901 times
Mystic,

I note that you offered nothing to defend the original 'Claim' of fact that you made concerning money and Gurus.

You did offer more opinion, more insight into what you can imagine and cant imagine - and drew conclusion from your imaginings - which are just opinions.

I think it goes like this - since you can't imagine the reason , since you cannot see the perspective that is different then yours - then any such views must be a fraud.

In short - If you don't 'get it' its not real and open to your attacks.

Anyway, we still seem to have your opinion and my opinion - which is fine - but asking you to stand behind your statements presented as facts is fair game as well.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Still Kicking

Wow talk about off topic. I aks a question - you make an off topic post about my personal nehavior, never addressing the question - and now your doing it again, and you truly beleive I am the one using misdirection? Sounds liekt hepot calling the kettle black. Obviously the kind of misdirection as manipulation is a tactic that extends well beyond chelas, its found in all kinds of humans, seemingly you as well.

Anyway its an endless spiral, the more I attempt to bring this back to topic, the more you will accuse me of being off topic, the more you avoid answering the more you accuse me of avoiding answering.

I suggest you really need to go first, answer the question I posed then we can change to another topic if its interesting and such.

>>To those of us who have been hurt by this involvement with Gary Olsen and his MP, and your out-right denial of that impact

heh? did I outright deny you your feelings were hurt? really? escapes me. Another mis information piece? Is it possible for someone to acknowledge your pain, without agreeing with your conclusions about its causes? Does having compassion for the pain - mean having to agree with the story on what caused it?

>>Because if you did care about others ... you would just go away ... instead of attempting to defend your choice here.

Wow - manipulation at its best - net result - anyone that questions or challenges you should just go away - else you can label them as heartless defenders.

This is pretty interesting way to stifle any conversation other then that which supports you.

>>uses anger in attempt to force and coerce others into thinking as you do
ROFL - Me? forcing and coercing - who?
OMG thanks for that - actually makes me smile

Is here a problem with subjectivity - nope, but lets call it what it is - lets stop presenting opinion as fact and lets stop attacking those that disagree with you, as you have done for several posts now.

Its boring to a degree how all you folks, well many, can do is turn this to being about me, whats my motivation, what you can comprehend about why I would post, how cruel I am, etc etc etc and naeseum. Then in the same breath accuse me of every sidestepping, non on topic evil you are clearly doing on your own.

Again, your pop psychology and speculation about 'me' and intent/motivations are off topic are they not?

I am done responding to such posts, if you would like to get back on topic it would do us all good.

How do you know I am not making Informed Decisions?
What was the nature of your harm, your pain, from MP? Thats something worth exploring

Last edited by allan1015; 09-15-2010 at 03:08 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Default hmmmm

Me off-topic? Again what is the topic that you want to present, that is relevant? All I see is your defensive anger being expressed, I don't see you presenting a topic of relevant interest.

I might suggest instead of using anger, for you to seek clarity and understanding. I do not see you do that in your postings so far. All I see is your defensiveness, arguing and attacking those on this thread for disagreeing with you and your choice to be on the MP and follow Gary Olsen

Do you have control over your emotions Allan? - A simple enough question, but your responses do decry a lack of compassion with regard to others experiences on the MP, as evident by your lack of response to others challenges with the MP. That is misdirection when you do not answer but merely rail against the unfairness and unjust accusations (from your standpoint) that we make against your -ahem - chosen guru, whether you see that or not is not my issue, but it is yours.

I notice how you parse my words that I have written instead of quoting complete sentences, (I have seen this tactic used by manipulators before who only select what they can put together to make their useless and powerless arguments of defense). It leaves one thinking that this comes from one who cannot fully answer questions so one is left to reasonably assume you cannot truly read and understand, nor think or comprehend, and thus cannot answer effectively.

Opinion and subjectivity, it is all subjective, it is our experiences, why would it be anything else. What is the point of bringing up "subjectivity"? It proves nothing, says nothing, and is nothing, thus irrelevant, off topic and unnecessary.

If someone like Gary Olsen makes a statement, and it is proved false, (e.g. bird flu BS), or is denigrating to another, (statements made to chelas who are questioning their involvement on the MP, and then berating them for even thinking about it) then that is not an opinion, them is facts.

Do you even know what a fact is? (definitions pulled from the web, princeton.edu, wikipedia)
  • "a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred;"
  • "a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened;"
  • "an event known to have happened or something known to have existed;"
  • "a concept whose truth can be proved"
  • "The term fact can refer to, depending on context, a detail concerning circumstances past or present, a claim corresponding to objective reality, a provably true concept, or a synonym for reality."
What facts do you have to support that Gary is not what we say he is based on what we have posted here regarding his behavior?

Allan just because you state that I am being manipulative, a shift the blame tactic, trying to throw my statement about you back on me who is asserting an alternative viewpoint to your own, is attempting to avoid the truth. And certainly does not make what you say as true either, despite your assertion. (And that is a manipulation tactic, a fact and incontrovertibly so)

Allan, as evidenced by your responses, that you think your thoughts are who you are, and are being hoodwinked by your emotion and the program that you got from Gary Olsen. That's how I see it, so what, why do you have a problem with what I think? Don't like being judged and being held accountable by someone else? Why should you be treated any differently than anyone else on the planet? For that matter why should Gary Olsen not be judged or held accountable for his actions? He doesn't get a free pass in my book, despite you giving him one.

Come on Allan even you cannot sit here and believe everything you say, god knows the rest of us are sitting back and going, "wow does really believe what he is writing?".

Truth be told Allan this is about you winning the argument, isn't it? Try and answer that one question without attacking, without defending, without being jerk in your response. Because as I see it you are being a jerk, try writing something intelligent. I for one would find it refreshing.

Pop psychology insight into your motivation and responses? That response of yours is an attempt to thwart the truth isn't it? By name calling the insight, assuming that your calling it as pop psychology does not make it untrue either, simply put an insight is an insight, too bad if you don't like it.

But all of this does make me smile when I see you react as you do, kind of like watching a puppet dance on a string, and that means I win because you react, and I get to show the world how the defensiveness of chelas is equivalent to hysterical blindness.

(Hysterical Blindness def.: Conversion disorder is a condition where a patient displays neurological symptoms such as numbness, paralysis, or fits, even though no neurological explanation is found and it is determined that the symptoms are due to the patient's psychological response to stress.)

Stress = living a lie of not being yourself and having to defend another position and choice that one has unknowingly made, meaning unconscious.

Happy trails Allan, all the best to you, may your path be filled with all that you seek in the way of happiness, joy, contentment and the like, I don't see it now but perhaps you will find it in some other life. Best of luck old boy, you're going to need it.

Last edited by Still_Kicking; 09-15-2010 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: Making my point

Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM

>>Truth be told Allan this is about you winning the argument, isn't it?
Nope

There is no winning - I guess it is for me an act to simply to offset to some very small degree the one sided nature and incredibly twisted bigoted logic presented by many. It is simply to add a more rounded picture. What would I win? In any case what does it matter why?

>>Again what is the topic that you want to present
You stated I am unable to make Informed Decisions? Please explain how you know this.

or this

>>>>To those of us who have been hurt by this involvement with Gary Olsen and his MP, and your out-right denial of that impact

Did I outright deny you your feelings were hurt? really? escapes me. ... Is it possible for someone to acknowledge your pain, without agreeing with your conclusions about its causes? Does having compassion for the pain - mean having to agree with the story on what caused it?

>>Allan, as evidenced by your responses, that you think your thoughts are who you are,

heh? what? You can tell this pretty core aspect of spiritual belief system by my responses?

>>That's how I see it, so what, why do you have a problem with what I think?

Do I? Just want to explore the things you report as fact, none of which you have yet to respond to. Is holding you accountable mean I have a problem with what you think?

>>Don't like being judged and being held accountable by someone else?

Two parts - do people like to be judged? Do you know anyone that does? I am unclear if this is a question - we all know that people don't like being judged - especially unfairly

You are holding me accountable? To what? Which of my statements, beliefs are you holding me accountable to? Why are you holding me accountable? Do you have a problem with what I think? FYI IMHO I am holding you accountable by asking you to explain a specific statement.

>>Why should you be treated any differently than anyone else on the planet?
Heh? Another made up thing? What is the basis for this?

I look forward when the conversation is about something other then your personal views about me.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
I love this thread.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Default I love this thread too Boxcar

Look and see how the puppets dance to protect their "master" knucklehead and his twisted logic, and his manipulation of their emotional neediness.

What fun it is to see them rant and rave about how great and well rounded a presentation of the -ahem- facts that they bring to the table. What facts about Gary Olsen have they provided? I have seen none to warrant responding to any further.

Take another example, the "informed decisions" that they make. "He is love personified and made flesh", and then there are all of these other examples that are contrary of how "he" is a narcissistic tool, who smokes pot to escape his deep feelings of shame and guilt because of how he treats people and how he is ripping people off who make less money than he. That is despicable but his chelas somehow justify it in their own heads based off of how Gary "spins" it to them.

To wit there is the multi-million dollar property with a nice bunch of olive trees all over it that he languishes in from the meager earnings of the many poor chelas who are on his path. All the while getting a suntan using these funds for his own personal benefit, clearly not living a humble existence that he admonishes his chelas to do. I think some would call that hypocritical.

Then there are all of the examples of abusive comments made to former chelas that are throughout this thread. They do not see his injustice or his unfairness, of this master jerk-off. Yet they won't even read the entire thread, they want us to feed them like little children all of the information, yet again, since they need things repeated to them. Just like Gary repeats the same old boring stuff so that it becomes programmed into their heads. And so we get to see denial in action actuating the laziness to actually do their own work and read what others have written about their path, from their own experience. But they won't like the read though since it is counter to what they -ahem- believe.

I mean if anything it is without doubt some of the funnest examples of baiting the blind that I get to do from time to time. Where is a kitten I can drown now? (rhetorical and sarcastic all in one- don't you just love it)

Which is exactly what this thread is all about any way? The original question that sparked this entire thread was " Does anyone know about this Gary Olsen and this Masterpath thing?"

There is plenty of personal information on people's experience that I have read, understood and comprehended, it just doesn't jive with the propaganda of the MP and Gary Olsen. Those that post here in an attempt to defend and say the world and those that post here against the MP are unfair, unjust and judgmental. They should buy some cheese to go with the whine, too bad I say since those judgments of a clearly criminal organization that preys on the vulnerabilities of others do have a right to be made, and that is fair and just.

I haven't had this much fun in ages since I left the MP, and at its expense too, since those that dance to my tune attempt to defend it as they have continue to rant and rave.

I do judge Gary Olsen and the MP, and I do have an agenda, and I have been clear about it for some time now; I seek the destruction of the MP and Gary Olsen, the twit that he is.

S_K

Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
Mystic,

I note that you offered nothing to defend the original 'Claim' of fact that you made concerning money and Gurus.

You did offer more opinion, more insight into what you can imagine and cant imagine - and drew conclusion from your imaginings - which are just opinions.

I think it goes like this - since you can't imagine the reason , since you cannot see the perspective that is different then yours - then any such views must be a fraud.

In short - If you don't 'get it' its not real and open to your attacks.

Anyway, we still seem to have your opinion and my opinion - which is fine - but asking you to stand behind your statements presented as facts is fair game as well.
You cannot experience the pure joy of being one with all life while retaining your individuality, being accepted and loved unconditionally by what can only be described as a "multitude" of those who preceded you . . . and then adopt a completely perverse and contradictory "state of mind" to what you experienced as the ultimate reality. That is what you must believe Gary has done . . . to accept MP as legitimate. That dog wont hunt!!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM

20 posts, read 28,512 times
There are many more reasons why battered persons stay in an abusive relationship. There is daily conditioning and verbal programing that convinces them that they are worthless, hopeless, and will never be anything without the abuser. This is a sort of programing that creates "learned helplessness". It is considered a form of Stokholm Syndrom where prisioners of war, or a person held in confinement with no hope of escape begins to identify with the oppressor. They must change their thinking because their very lives depend on identification with the oppressor. There is an excellent old movie about "Stokholm Syndrom" where a jewish woman checks into a European hotel only to find that the night clerk used to be her primary keeper in the death camp where she was imprisoned during the Nazi regime. It is aptly entitled Night Clerk. Gary's threats that the "Master" will leave you, (He'll just walk away"), if you decide to leave the path is one of those controls. The bird flu is one of those controls, i.e.. FEAR.

My point is that there subtle psychlogical manipulations that are happening when one is involved with this MasterPath. I find it interesting that Gary used to be a car salesman, because they teach such manipulations in sales techniques. For this path reaching the third eye is like a carrot on a stick. One example is reflected in the fact that "only Gary and his minions have reached the 3rd eye. (In fact Gary was born at the 3rd eye.) Not! Perhaps even his misuse of the english language can be a tool. I do in fact know that Gary is still preying on those who would feel disenfranchised if not for being on his path. One of Maslow's heiarchy of needs is "a sense of belonging". we all want to belong to something. This is the only way that I can explain my behavior. I sensed early on that Gary did not care about me. I sensed that they were in fact probably getting a good laugh from the swooning devoted chelas. He has almost stated as much in seminars; and the way he will publicly insult and degrade chelas present in the seminars. I started asking myself," why would I pay money to be yelled at and degraded, sometimes to the point of tears and call this a religious experience?". That's just insane.

By the way, allan 1051, on the MP a fact is known as a "factoid". So when you say fact all I can hear is "factoid". This is a good example of psychological conditioning.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot experience the pure joy of being one with all life while retaining your individuality, being accepted and loved unconditionally by what can only be described as a "multitude" of those who preceded you . . . and then adopt a completely perverse and contradictory "state of mind" to what you experienced as the ultimate reality. That is what you must believe Gary has done . . . to accept MP as legitimate. That dog wont hunt!!
MysticPhD,

I am not trying to be a wise ass, but I dont get much of that. I am going to play it back - not trying parse it to death but just communicate

If someone experiences Ultimate Reality, they would never move back into a state of mind other then that, or at least a state judged contradictory and perverse

Since Gary has entered a state judged as perverse and not aligned with Ultimate Reality - he could not have truly experienced Ultimate Reality.

Is that about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality