Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:15 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

Not unless you believe Jesus was gay. I tend to think he was asexual, after all he was supposed to be PERFECT!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Yes Tallrick, Jesus was perfect.

And FYI Just because someone is abstinent doesn't mean they are "asexual". Good grief.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
Default Wasn't he suppose to be not human or something?

But living in a man's body? So that makes sense why he would of not been with any woman. The bible preaches against sodomy and fornification, so why would he do something against his jewish law, as he was perfect. Now maybe or maybe not he got married, that is another story in itsself here, we all were not around thousands of years ago, so who knows if he did or didn't marry. Then again that is another topic all and in of itself, huhn?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
AAAGH!!! I can't believe this thread is still going. It's almost 2 months old! Even OP Hoosier Guy appears to be sick of it. Let's close this one and start a new one, shall we? I promise it will be just as controversial for all you unbelievers and people who would argue with a signpost, as my Father used to say about me. And I thought 12 pages was long! 56? C'mon.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I was trying to find a book that I read about 10 years ago that moved me, but instead I found this program on Frontline. Wonder if anyone saw it, and could comment on it:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...eligion/jesus/

What appears interesting from what I can glean is a revision of Jesus' early life, placing him in Galilee. I have been to Israel and at Christmas time. Whilst there I followed the bible's historical steps to see where it would lead me. I spent Christmas Eve in Bethlehem, and was disappointed that it was not more reverential but my other footfalls were very moving.
This is interesting. Do the Christians maintain were Jesus was born? I was just wondering with the Jews not believing Jesus is the Messiah. What was more interesting? What spots seem to be more of a focus?

Old 04-02-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
AAAGH!!! I can't believe this thread is still going. It's almost 2 months old! Even OP Hoosier Guy appears to be sick of it. Let's close this one and start a new one, shall we? I promise it will be just as controversial for all you unbelievers and people who would argue with a signpost, as my Father used to say about me. And I thought 12 pages was long! 56? C'mon.
This thread has gone in many directions and Hoosier has been gracious enough to just see were it goes!! Thanks Hoosier!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I think it has always been thought Jesus came from Nazareth; born in Bethlehem. Some archaeological evidence seems to indicate that he may have grown up just beyond Nazareth--not many miles really but a different culture, more middle class, more craftspeople--not poor!

I haven't seen the program; just read as much as my eyes could tolerant, and listened to all the audiotapes.

I think the next time I am in a video store, I'll see if they have it. I found the little I read fascinating with a capital "F." If I find the video or DVD, I'll let you know which parts were the most interesting--right now, it just seems that more historical and archaeological evidence is rising to the surface so we can get a clearer picture of what it was like in the area 2000 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
This is interesting. Do the Christians maintain were Jesus was born? I was just wondering with the Jews not believing Jesus is the Messiah. What was more interesting? What spots seem to be more of a focus?

Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I agree, abstinence doesn't equate with asexual. Funny, though, as more stuff comes out about the area, with more digs, and more ways to test soil, etc., it wouldn't surprise me if we also learned more about daily life.

Procreation was a big issue among Jews then, just like it is today among the religious Jewish people--and having a family and children the norm. It seems out of character for someone 25-30 years old not to marry, then, and would be considered odd, and unacceptable. Much pressure would be put on the person who didn't marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Yes Tallrick, Jesus was perfect.

And FYI Just because someone is abstinent doesn't mean they are "asexual". Good grief.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I think it has always been thought Jesus came from Nazareth; born in Bethlehem. Some archaeological evidence seems to indicate that he may have grown up just beyond Nazareth--not many miles really but a different culture, more middle class, more craftspeople--not poor!

I haven't seen the program; just read as much as my eyes could tolerant, and listened to all the audiotapes.

I think the next time I am in a video store, I'll see if they have it. I found the little I read fascinating with a capital "F." If I find the video or DVD, I'll let you know which parts were the most interesting--right now, it just seems that more historical and archaeological evidence is rising to the surface so we can get a clearer picture of what it was like in the area 2000 years ago.
I just got a DVD it's the Virtual Bible Experience "Where He Walked" It says discover the Holy Land from the comfort of your home. I probably should watch that instead of spending time on here!!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:31 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Reality check. Closeted family members attracted to one another dont choose to be attracted that way either. According to you they're naturally attracted to them anyway they like. Mom and daughter, mom and son together? Dad and daughter, dad and son together? According to you its not a choice. Why should they put up some "moral front" when they were made that way? They could always have an abortion and not risk genetic defect if they became pregnant. They are also protected under the 4th right to privacy act?

Can someone clarify the word bigot to me? I seem to be behind the times.
You are mixing two different concepts. A heterosexual male is attracted to women. The only CHOICE he has in the matter is WHICH woman, NOT that he is attracted to women. You appear to be implying that a gay man is attracted to all men, which I'm thinking is why you're mentioning incest (eww!). Hardly!

And, how is this view bigoted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality