Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And guys like yourself use to say that King David, and Israels two Kingdoms were both myths also. They (USE) to say there is no evidence for either. Yet after many years, historical discovery proved them wrong. And in Gods own time, the Ark will be revealed as well.

Apples and oranges. You're comparing geographical/archaeological sites to worldwide geological/catastrophic events which are physically impossible and have been utterly proven to have never occurred.

And FYI, evidence for King David and the kingdoms of Israel provides ZERO evidence that your Bible is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
And guys like yourself use to say that King David, and Israels two Kingdoms were both myths also. They (USE) to say there is no evidence for either. Yet after many years, historical discovery proved them wrong. And in Gods own time, the Ark will be revealed as well.
I agree, the ark of covenant did not fall off the face of the earth. It is still here somewhere. I think the same thing is true for the tree of life. It is still here somewhere. It doesn't say that it disappeared. It says that an angel was put at the entrance with a sword to prevent people from entering to eat of the tree of life. I guess we could still find it and the angel and all, we just would not be able to get close or fear getting killed.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I agree, the ark of covenant did not fall off the face of the earth. It is still here somewhere. I think the same thing is true for the tree of life. It is still here somewhere. It doesn't say that it disappeared. It says that an angel was put at the entrance with a sword to prevent people from entering to eat of the tree of life. I guess we could still find it and the angel and all, we just would not be able to get close or fear getting killed.
Thanks Nikk, these are perfect examples of the myths in the bible that I do not believe...The tree of life thing could have been in Lord of The Rings.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks Nikk, these are perfect examples of the myths in the bible that I do not believe...The tree of life thing could have been in Lord of The Rings.
Interesting read concerning the "Garden of Eden" and also ties in with the "Flood".

Has the Garden of Eden been located at last?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Yes, and middle earth has also been located. The Prequels Tour (http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/prequels.html - broken link)

Old 06-12-2009, 01:54 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, and middle earth has also been located. The Prequels Tour (http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/prequels.html - broken link)
Ya know, as I am an agnostic, I don't believe in the myth either. That link gives a history on how the myth had its genesis (pun intended). Rather than dismissing the read because you assume from the title that it supports the myth, if you read it you might find it good ammunition against the myth. It recounts a natural explanation for the myth.

Personally, I find it important to know WHY I don't believe, hence this is how I found the site. I swear sometimes we unbelievers are as bad as they are.

Has the Garden of Eden been located at last?

Last edited by Fullback32; 06-12-2009 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Added additional commentary

Old 06-12-2009, 02:01 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Again he tries, but... NO SALE, EVER AGAIN.

Quote:
rifleman you keep talking about the wrong location. Where the limestone is located is not near the top of Mt. Ararat. That is another bogus location. The real Ark is 15,000 feet up, and near the top of Ararat. And that is the structure where photo interpreters have seen a large man-made object broken in two buried in ice, and that was confirmed by other eyewitiness accounts.
Nice try. Not what they ever said, actually. They said it might be an old man-made structure, not "it was one". You're just applying large amounts of wishful thinking here.

The military, using the latest in geo-surveying X-Ray fluorescence scanning in the late '90s [not areila photos from 19547...], checked out several locations, and there was no trace of any boat structure or fossilized wood. NADA. Those data files are available for any university to obtain and review, which has also been done by reputable scholars, and again:

NO SALE.

In particular, the pictures in the website I provided, along with their incredibly amateurish touch-ups which added doors and windows where there were NONE, are beyond hilarious. And yet, the readers believe.

Sorry C34; the whole thing's been completely disproved.

No matter which alternate site you want to try to sell. Better go look somewhere else. Colorado perhaps? They need the tourist dollars after all, and we should at least support our own country, don't you think, instead of Turkey, when we set up a tourist trap?

You gotta reasonably wonder why the last two published and promoted "Expeditions" never happened, eh? Their pre-expedition conferences were obviously intended for the sole purpose of soliciting donations from "believers", and then they stole off into the night, giggling.

Honestly; a photo of a tent, backpack and some hiking boots as "Expedition Equipment"? Give me a break! They could have at least thrust, say, an oscilliscope or camera into the picture. Otherwise, they're just going camping on your dime!

Just curious, Campbell: do you also send in money to get those little heat-sealed plastic pouches of "Genuine Miracle Holy Water"?

Scientifically Proven 'Miracle' Water! videos - Видео UaLIST

or...

Peter Popoff, Peter Popoff Outreach, Peter Popoff Ministries

Buy On!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
The real Ark is 15,000 feet up, and near the top of Ararat.
If Captain Noah was trying to find an ideal spot to land his ark wouldn't a spot near the top of a mountain at 15,000 feet be just about the most stupid place you could think of? Think about it. It would be bitter cold and difficult to even breathe at that altitude and then you'd have to figure out a way for all those critters to climb down once the waters had completely receded. Can you imagine a couple of elephants or kangaroos trying to negotiate their way down a steep mountainside? I can just visualize millions of animals carefully creeping down from Mt. Ararat. And of course we can't have a single casualty or that species has just gone extinct. Just something to think about.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

If Captain Noah was trying to find an ideal spot to land his ark wouldn't a spot near the top of a mountain at 15,000 feet be just about the most stupid place you could think of? Think about it. It would be bitter cold and difficult to even breathe at that altitude and then you'd have to figure out a way for all those critters to climb down once the waters had completely receded. Can you imagine a couple of elephants or kangaroos trying to negotiate their way down a steep mountainside? I can just visualize millions of animals carefully creeping down from Mt. Ararat. And of course we can't have a single casualty or that species has just gone extinct. Just something to think about.

Ohhh! but you see, the animals could have just floated down with the water as it receded, on matts of wood, corpses and dead vegetation!

See making ***** up as you go along is easy. (yes, I used to be a Bible apologist )

Old 06-12-2009, 04:44 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They didn't know it was just 'local'. Many people thought that their area WAS the entire world, so when their area flooded, they assumed it was everywhere. If I had never gone beyond the small mountain range that surrounds my home area and it flooded, I would think it was a global flood as well.
Of course you would think it was a worldwide flood, especially if that water went (higher than the mountains), and you would be right in your belief. And that is what we see reported in these oral traditions. And do you really believe everyone on earth thought to dream up the Ark story around the sametime? Do you believe all over the earth, tribes found in distant lands and far away islands just decided to fabricate a flood story? Where is the logic in that? From China, to the American indians, to Australian Aborigines, the flood is spoken of, and many of the same detials found in the Bible are spoken by these people. How could that happen? Consider the link below.

Abiogenesis and the Origin of Life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality