Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I have told you, I am not impressed with lists, and the reason is because those who give them to me have not taken the time themselves to study them. I will answer any countradiction you put before me. But you need to give me the hardest one you can find. I'm not talking around the subject. I'm asking you to present a slam dunk contradiction. If your to lazy to do that, I am not going to waste my time. As far as I'm concerned, you guys love to hide behind these list. And when you present the first countradiction, and I shown to be false, you would present another which is refuted, and so on, and so on. Then when we get to the end, I find these same people saying I have not refuted any. I want a slam dunk contradiction. Can you provide that for me? This should not be hard for you to do, after all, you said the Bible is filled with contradictions. Now, there may be thousands of people who will read this post, and I am here to answer anything you claim is contradiction. Yet, I want the one that should be impossible to explain away. And I'm sure the rest of the individuals here would love to see your slam dunk contradiction. And I will take it if you cannot present us with (ONE), it is because you don't have one. Don't forget, you said the Bible is filled with contradictions.

(CAN YOU PRESENT US WITH ONE?)

Slam Dunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Modern versions of the Bible will differ, and this is to be expected. Especially when you have so many people involoved in the translations. And when there is a question that must be answered, you sometimes have to return to the Majority Text, which numbers in the thousands of copies from ancient times past. These texts are all in agreement. And we also have the Dead Sea Scrolls that have been preserved and untouched for over 2100 years. I avoid no questions. There are times when I can't answer them right away, but I love responding.
And just what is this Majority Text that you speak of, is it another one of your holy books with yet again another version and if that is the case then I can see why all the contradictions, too many versions and too many interpretations. All I want to know is, can you address the question presented to you, explain the contradictions that I have pointed out, that should not be too difficult for somebody who is supposed to be as knowledgeable as you about your holy book.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,561,618 times
Quote:
What it really boils down to, is when the Bible shows us prophecies that are factual, and we can see them fulfilled in our own time. Some will believe those facts, and others will ignore them because those facts do not agree with their worldview. And the return of the Jews was spoken of in the 1600s and 1800s, so the people of that time who believe in the prophecies of the Bible have been proven correct by the passing of time. And those who would say we today are just force fitting the prophecies for our time would be in error. And I can say that, because the Christians of the past proclaimed those Biblical prophecies hundreds of years before the people of today existed.
As I said, those who wish to believe will continue to do so and those who do not will continue to not believe. From my point of view, trying to force these alleged "truths" on all others merely increases the fact that they are invalid. Do they need the reinforcement to make you feel special?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,561,618 times
Quote:
Gods truth never changes, and that is why to be sure of any Bible Translation, you always refer back to the Majority Text.
As I said, very nice for mortal man to decide which truth is really gods.

Campbell, you have done more for Atheism with your blathering than you could possibly know.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Campbell, you must understand one thing, I am not a Christian, nor a Jew, or Muslim, nor am I an atheist or agnostic, I do not belong to any organized religion, nor do I belong to any particular religious ethnicity, I am Native American, I am Tsalagi, I am Keetoowah, I believe in a Creator, I just don't believe in your god or your Christianity, I do not believe that your Jesus is my savior, as a Keetoowah I am a believer in the ancient ways of my people, I worship the way my ancestors did and as I was taught to do and when my time comes I do not wish to go to your heaven because there will be none of my ancestors there, I will pass over into the next world and I will sit among my ancestors and continue on the journey of learning, this is my belief, this is my culture. So your prophecies mean nothing to me, you're different interpretations of your holy book do not concern me, it is not of my world and I do not need Christians preaching to me about my soul going to your hell because I do not believe in your Jesus, that is your belief, not mine. My people are here to be the caretakers of this mother Earth because without it none of us can survive. The native people of this land have been its caretakers for many thousands of years and have done so without your holy book or any holy book, we have a basic belief in a Creator and we all have a basic respect for mother Earth, that is our belief. osay

Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell, you must understand one thing, I am not a Christian, nor a Jew, or Muslim, nor am I an atheist or agnostic, I do not belong to any organized religion, nor do I belong to any particular religious ethnicity, I am Native American, I am Tsalagi, I am Keetoowah, I believe in a Creator, I just don't believe in your god or your Christianity, I do not believe that your Jesus is my savior, as a Keetoowah I am a believer in the ancient ways of my people, I worship the way my ancestors did and as I was taught to do and when my time comes I do not wish to go to your heaven because there will be none of my ancestors there, I will pass over into the next world and I will sit among my ancestors and continue on the journey of learning, this is my belief, this is my culture. So your prophecies mean nothing to me, you're different interpretations of your holy book do not concern me, it is not of my world and I do not need Christians preaching to me about my soul going to your hell because I do not believe in your Jesus, that is your belief, not mine. My people are here to be the caretakers of this mother Earth because without it none of us can survive. The native people of this land have been its caretakers for many thousands of years and have done so without your holy book or any holy book, we have a basic belief in a Creator and we all have a basic respect for mother Earth, that is our belief. osay
Then, with all due respect, do you so adamantly try to discredit the Bible?

Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Then, with all due respect, do you so adamantly try to discredit the Bible?
I do not try to discredit your holy book, I asked questions regarding the contradictions, it is you Christians who try to discredit with your different interpretations, you all read from the same holy book but you interpret it to suit yourself, why is it you cannot all agree on the same interpretation, are you not all reading from the same holy book?

Old 02-25-2009, 02:58 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I do not try to discredit your holy book, I asked questions regarding the contradictions, it is you Christians who try to discredit with your different interpretations, you all read from the same holy book but you interpret it to suit yourself, why is it you cannot all agree on the same interpretation, are you not all reading from the same holy book?
Hey, I totally agree about the interpretations. I've asked that same question myself. If we're all led to truth by the Holy Spirit, why do we all have different beliefs?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Hey, I totally agree about the interpretations. I've asked that same question myself. If we're all led to truth by the Holy Spirit, why do we all have different beliefs?
Then you do not need my help to discredit your holy book because you all are doing such a fine job of that on your own. No disrespect intended.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,705,944 times
Quote:
And how is it, that those men who wrote the Bible could accurately predict the future? How is it, that those men knew that in the lasts days the Jewish people would return from a worldwide exile, and return to the land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem? How is it those men knew that Jerusalems would have a second East Gate added to the orginal Gate, and that Gate would be sealed up till the end of time? If the Bible is not the inspired Word of God, how is it, that those who wrote it knew the future?
I can predict too! I predict that the weather will get warmer. I predict we will have periods of heat and humidity within six months. I predict toward the end of that time we will experience hurricanes that will hit the southeastern coast of the U.S.

You think this is such a strange coincidence? How about the power of Jews to influence Gentiles? How about their incredible ability to generate sympathy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality