Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:06 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Well, it must be nearly Halloween because I'm seeing dead threads rising from the grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
I have verifiable proof that the antichrist is in the cubicle next to me at work.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Well, it must be nearly Halloween because I'm seeing dead threads rising from the grave.
I think this poster is just spamming and promoting his/her own website...Witnessing to us heathen perhaps?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
Who knows if such a creature exists... Perhaps it's in the Vatican...

Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've seen so many horror movies featuring the antiChrist that I've probably gotten them mixed up with what the Bible says on the subject. I know people have speculated that all sorts of people might be the antiChrist, in fact I read once that a few people think it's Prince Charles but I don't think he looks menacing enough for the job. There's also a variety of opinions about where this man will be from. I don't think I've heard many people, if any, suggest that he would be from North or South America, Australia, Asia or Africa. Generally it's either Europe or the Middle East. Anyway, for those of you who believe that the antiChrist is really coming, do you have any idea who it might be or where he would be from?
The antichrist came and went like 1800 years ago. His name was Nero. The world was supposed to end back then too.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
I used to think he was Dick Cheney....but I think he is supposed to be charismatic.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
The fundies have him pegged as this one:

or

Personally I think it is

Ectually anti christ is supposed to be counterfeit christ hence opposed to all that jesus apparently taught et al. so most of the fundies being what they are "in opposition to his teachings" are IMO all anti christs

Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,872 times
In the realm of human imaginations. What is more evil a devil with a pitch fork chasing you down or a hungry 2000lb grizzly bear. Granted you dont have a large caliber high powered riflle to defend yourself with. If you go into the woods out in Western United States without proper defense, you are the only one to blame. If you let yourself believe in evil then the one to blame is yourself. Humans that do so called evil things, are just taking adavantage of other humans that do not rely on their own self defenses in society. America has more than 10,000 nuclear weapons to defend ourselves. So are we evil because we have such a national defense against other humans whom have none. We call Iran evil because they want one nuclear weapon, LOL. The Russians have no fear of the Iranian people. Ask yourself why? I think it is because Russia has just as many nuclear weapons as America. We use the term evil so loosely in this society it is pathetic. Evil this and evil that. Tap into your right side of your own mind if you desire peace amongst men http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.htm l . Not some God that lets anything and everything happen here on this little planet called earth full of organic matter that creates to many thoughts via our own imaginations. Great computer animated movie that just came out on dvd recently that shows how evil we humans can be, and how peaceful we can be.
YouTube - Battle for Terra Trailer!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:51 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
It's kind of strange to see an old thread of mine pop up again out of the blue. I wonder if satan is behind all of this. Anyway, it's my opinion based on many good movies of the antichrist that this individual has to be cool, manipulative, extremely intelligent and have an extreme amount of charisma to pull it off. That rules out Sarah Palin who has the charisma and intellect of a baked potato. The Omen movies did a pretty good job of presenting a credible antichrist. Even though I don't believe in such an animal as the antichrist I find it entertaining to imagine such an entity deceiving all of us while he proceeds with his pursuit of power. I also thought that Al Pacino did a great job acting as the devil himself as he manipulated his son, Keanu Reeves, who played the part of the deceived son of satan.
As you can probably tell I don't take any of this seriously but I do find it very entertaining.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It's kind of strange to see an old thread of mine pop up again out of the blue. I wonder if satan is behind all of this. Anyway, it's my opinion based on many good movies of the antichrist that this individual has to be cool, manipulative, extremely intelligent and have an extreme amount of charisma to pull it off. That rules out Sarah Palin who has the charisma and intellect of a baked potato. The Omen movies did a pretty good job of presenting a credible antichrist. Even though I don't believe in such an animal as the antichrist I find it entertaining to imagine such an entity deceiving all of us while he proceeds with his pursuit of power. I also thought that Al Pacino did a great job acting as the devil himself as he manipulated his son, Keanu Reeves, who played the part of the deceived son of satan.
As you can probably tell I don't take any of this seriously but I do find it very entertaining.
Maybe the anti-christ will have the same kind of mind control like a vampire. Stare into the peoples eyes, and control many top level people to do his biddings. I would say that if a demon was a true reality then they could pretty much do whatever they pleased to men. Makes you wonder why an all loving god would let such a thing happen in the first place. Oh yes the relegious people would say it is a test. Why test a imperfect being in the first place, if you know it is going to fail. That seems like a demented God to me. Relegions only purpose is for a few to control the masses through fear of the unknown. Satan was supposed to be a perfect angel created by God that falls from heavan. How can a perfect being screw up so bad. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality